There’s one player I don’t think we’ve replaced well

He’s not going to play a midfield 3 no matter how much we want/need it. The sooner we recognize that, the better

I just wish PC recognising this too, the sooner the better.

If a bunch of lads on a forum can spot our downfall then why cant the man in charge of the team?

A three man midfield gives us so much more control.

I just wish PC recognising this too, the sooner the better.

If a bunch of lads on a forum can spot our downfall then why cant the man in charge of the team?

A three man midfield gives us so much more control.
Egos. It’ll be his way on no way. For this read: Warburton, Gerrard, Gio, Beale

It'll take a big money signing or an amazing, cheap find to replace Davis.

Egos. It’ll be his way on no way. For this read: Warburton, Gerrard, Gio, Beale

TBF to Gerrard we played 3 in midfield when he was in charge and thats where we got most success against the poets.

Davis in the middle, Jack on the right to cover as Tav went forward and then Kamara on the left to do the same if Barisic went forward.

It was a fluid 3 and would become 2 depending on the situation.

It was a solid midfield and got us results.

We've not replaced Davis or Arfield but Davis is the bigger one for me. Its why I never get the shouts for Sterling to replace Lundstram and all of a sudden everything becomes OK again given hes shown zero in his time in midfield that he can control the tempo of a game. We don't have anyone that can do the runs Arfield done either nobody that will go box to box can arrive late or come up with a goal when it's required.

We have not replaced Scott Arfield
Or Steve Davis, or Filip Helander, or Morelos.

Three game changers next season, a midfield master, a striker who can battle like Buff and a defender who can defend would be a massive step towards the title.

Back