There isn't a manager out there who isn't a risk

usbear

The options so far are grim reading in my book

The chatter about the board having to get this one right or else......just fills me with dread that we are going to be treading water for a while

We only appeal to relatively inexperienced managers who are trying to make a name for themselves or Scottish managers who have accomplished nothing other than the odd good result against the tims

We really need a miracle

20hsheg.gif

:D

Reading about the fella Ten Hag at Utrecht, can't help but be impressed,

Last edited:
A young player manager in Souness was a risk as was appointing his assistant as his successor. That Walter fella did ok ;-)

The biggest thing we need more than anything is an injection of cash. I think McInnes if it’s him will do well. Reminiscent of when McLeish took over. He was a guy who did well with a smaller Scottish team. McInnes has done well with the third team in the country and I’d assume he will have even more drive managing the club he supported and played for. He will know what it means to win for the club.

Certainly for me less of a risk than another foreign guy

All managers are a risk when there is very little money to spend nowadays. Trying to compete with the scum is going to be tough. If we get close to them they will just go buy a couple more big players in the Jan window as they can afford it. Timothy would need to not qualify for champs league 1 season and see how they panic to get the wage bill down. We could bring in any Pep Guardiola and he would struggle because of the gulf in finances sadly.

IMO McInnes will be attractive to the board because he exposes them to minimal downside risk. I.e. The chance of finishing 3rd or worse, being back in this situation at the end of the season. He has a track record in Scotland to back that up.

The other ‘statement’ managers or those with a track record of delivering success in other leagues represent a greater downside risk as they have no track record in Scotland but with potential for a greater upside or benefit.

So the board either gamble on the upside or the downside risk. If they’re feeing cautious as a result of the Pedro situation they won’t gamble on not finishing 2nd.

Well obviously but some are less risky than others. At this juncture I believe the board will think we need a safe appointment as far as it can be safe.

IMO McInnes will be attractive to the board because he exposes them to minimal downside risk. I.e. The chance of finishing 3rd or worse, being back in this situation at the end of the season. He has a track record in Scotland to back that up.

The other ‘statement’ managers or those with a track record of delivering success in other leagues represent a greater downside risk as they have no track record in Scotland but with potential for a greater upside or benefit.

So the board either gamble on the upside or the downside risk. If they’re feeing cautious as a result of the Pedro situation they won’t gamble on not finishing 2nd.

I think it’s obvious it’s going to be Mciness

Not convinced McInnes is the answer TBH.

We also need to pay the Sheep compensation for McInnes and his Timmy assistant of around £1m+

Time for our DOF to earn his wages and provide the board with a good shortlist of candidates to interview

Surely there would have been some forward planning that we may have needed to find a successor to Pedro?

Hiring McInnes is also a risk. Will he be capable of building a team to win us the league?

I'm not convinced he will

Looks to me it will be McInnes, if he wants to come that is. I don’t think the board/fans (and players by the looks of things) have it in them to give relatively unknown foreigners the chance at this moment. I’m still up for taking a chance on the likes of FdB or Preud’Homme but I think we’ll play it safe.

I'm in the don't want mcinnes camp. I honestly don't know who we should go for either. But I do know it unequivocally has to be the right appointment as I think it could set us back quite a bit if it's not. Time for mark allen to earn his wages I hope he has some good candidates lined up.

The risk with McInnes is the remit he's given. I can't see him winning the league, but if he's here to "steady the ship", how big should his transfer budget be and what is an acceptable league finish? Second place but 18 points behind?

Everyone coming out with the 'new manager must be rangers minded' must know the Scottish game etc etc pish ..points to either mcinnes or McLeish out the list I've seen. Don't know how I would feel about any of them tbh!

Not convinced McInnes is the answer TBH.

We also need to pay the Sheep compensation for McInnes and his Timmy assistant of around £1m+

Time for our DOF to earn his wages and provide the board with a good shortlist of candidates to interview

Surely there would have been some forward planning that we may have needed to find a successor to Pedro?

Hiring McInnes is also a risk. Will he be capable of building a team to win us the league?

I'm not convinced he will
I'm not too convinced either.

He'll be an improvement on what we've had for the last 6 years and take us to second best., but whether or not he can, with good investment, build a side that will challenge the mutants, is a different story altogether.

Back