These things happen (or do they?)

TheRamblingGer

Have to admit this past week has given me plenty to write about with the war between H&H and the MSM. I'm hoping @David Edgar doesn't mind me mentioning him in the article and if he does I will remove the article immediately but here's my take on things.

The thing I don't get is the old pals/palsy-walsy, we won't be troublesome if we hit stormy waters and this guff. You won't get any pertinent questions asked.

Coming from a shower who have ignored the biggest sporting scandal of all time, it's a bit rich.

If we don't win tomorrow then I'll be asking the same questions as I did 30 years ago. I expect Suck and Edgar to be asking the same.

The thing I don't get is the old pals/palsy-walsy, we won't be troublesome if we hit stormy waters and this guff. You won't get any pertinent questions asked.

Coming from a shower who have ignored the biggest sporting scandal of all time, it's a bit rich.

If we don't win tomorrow then I'll be asking the same questions as I did 30 years ago. I expect Suck and Edgar to be asking the same.

Yeah, I've heard the fan media guys be way more critical, when deserved, than msm. Plus they don't make up outright lies

Yeah, I've heard the fan media guys be way more critical, when deserved, than msm. Plus they don't make up outright lies
But that's the bottom line. As Rangers fans we don't want duplicity and/or doubiety. We don't need arselicking from the press (please no sniggering)

Just tell it like it is for us, as you would for anyone else.

And therein lies the problem.

I don't think the media is as uniformly anti-Rangers as many think. The management of the various 'organs' certainly is but I think that many individual journalists are uncomfortable with that as the amount of information supplied to DE might suggest.

The ruling party (SNP) find it politically convenient to be anti-Rangers and the remaining rump of the Scottish Labour Party certainly is because they always have been. Unfortunately, the Scottish Tories is the only party who will give us a fair hearing but supporting them is uncomfortable for many.

I suppose we are lucky that so many of the haters were arrogant enough to think they were untouchable and left so many hostages to fortune out there. What has happened to Godley should be a message for all of them.

"On the other hand, the mainstream media have had access to the club since media coverage began, and yet they choose to waste that access, more often than not, printing lies and inflammatory pieces."
Sorry not sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing mate?

I don't think the media is as uniformly anti-Rangers as many think. The management of the various 'organs' certainly is but I think that many individual journalists are uncomfortable with that as the amount of information supplied to DE might suggest.

The ruling party (SNP) find it politically convenient to be anti-Rangers and the remaining rump of the Scottish Labour Party certainly is because they always have been. Unfortunately, the Scottish Tories is the only party who will give us a fair hearing but supporting them is uncomfortable for many.

I suppose we are lucky that so many of the haters were arrogant enough to think they were untouchable and left so many hostages to fortune out there. What has happened to Godley should be a message for all of them.
I don't think they all are to be fair, but there are a lot who allow their hatred to get in the way of their professionalism

Back