They had one shot on target yesterday

They’ve been very clinical this season and we haven’t. It’s part of the reason they’re 3-0 up after 30 minutes most games, while we’re giving away last minute equalisers.

It’s been our problem for as long as I can remember now. Even during 55, we’d come away with nervous 1-0 wins when we should’ve been out of sight.

One chance in 90 minutes and they scored. We had 5 shots on target with only one goal scored. This has summed up the season for me. Not killing off teams has been so frustrating.
I don’t think the one shot on target stat really does their chances justice. They had that header from Maeda when he absolutely shat it when McGregor came out to him. Didn’t they also have one other gilt edged chance that they put off target?

We definitely had the better chances in the game though. Kent and another 2 from Sakala.

fortunately, they had a few off target though
As did we, 4 each I think. An away game against them and we had more shots, more shots on target, less fouls and 1% between us in terms of possession. We bossed them for large parts of the match yet some of the papers gave them considerably higher ratings than our players. Says it all. As far as the OP goes, he has a very valid point, it's something that's plagued us since Gerrard arrived.

Motherwell at home was the perfect example of our season condensed into one game.

2-0 up at half time and all talk of running up a big score to aid goal difference yet the players have already let the levels dip. Not making the most of chances just because the assumption is there that we've already got the game tied up. Then we let them go forward twice, defend amateurishly both times and get punished big time.

Suddenly the pressure's on and we need to score yet never look like creating anything meaningful

We beat them last season with no shots on target. Doesn’t really mean anything if off or on target unless they go in

One chance in 90 minutes and they scored. We had 5 shots on target with only one goal scored. This has summed up the season for me. Not killing off teams has been so frustrating.
Yet the media make them as if they are frightening to play against! The shocking biased ref decisions they get is more frightening and frankly shameful

Absolutely. Look at the games against Motherwell at Ibrox this season.

Utterly pummel them and they basically scored every time they got a shot at goal, resulting in them taking a point on both occasions.

We’ve had real problems at both ends of the pitch all season in the league in that respect.

Haven’t been ruthless enough up front, nor robust enough at the back.

I don’t think the one shot on target stat really does their chances justice. They had that header from Maeda when he absolutely shat it when McGregor came out to him. Didn’t they also have one other gilt edged chance that they put off target?

We definitely had the better chances in the game though. Kent and another 2 from Sakala.
100% this. It’s why using stats don’t give a true reflection of a game. Kents shot from outside the box that was on target but right at Hart was never going in, but the one he cut in front of the defender and went wide was a much better chance.

If we had only one shot on target yesterday and scored while they created five on target with a similar outcome, we'd be reading and hearing today in the media how lucky we were not to be deservedly hammered by fat Ange's all conquering heroes.

McGregor's goals to shots ratio this season must be awful domestically. Not always his fault and certainly not yesterdays goal but he has been a massive issue for me this season. Doesn't change what has been a fantastic Rangers career and hopefully he can sign off with a Europa league medal and justify his decision to stay on this season somewhat.

As did we, 4 each I think. An away game against them and we had more shots, more shots on target, less fouls and 1% between us in terms of possession. We bossed them for large parts of the match yet some of the papers gave them considerably higher ratings than our players. Says it all. As far as the OP goes, he has a very valid point, it's something that's plagued us since Gerrard arrived.
How do you get 1% between teams on posession?

:cool:

I didn't believe the possession stats yesterday at one point it was 58% to them first half when I could hardly remember them stringing 2 passes together and we seemed to be in control

McGregor's goals to shots ratio this season must be awful domestically. Not always his fault and certainly not yesterdays goal but he has been a massive issue for me this season. Doesn't change what has been a fantastic Rangers career and hopefully he can sign off with a Europa league medal and justify his decision to stay on this season somewhat.
We would probably be a good bit in front had he been put out to pasture in November. That he then still wasn't after Ross County.... meh. It's done now anyway.

Kent has a glorious chance and misses the target.

Jota has an identical chance and scores.

Typical of the players and typical of our season.

Our shots to goals ratio must be awful.

They are absolutely shite. He is going to be found out next year.

The Japanese are a busted flush.

We are gonna romp it next year.

I didn't believe the possession stats yesterday at one point it was 58% to them first half when I could hardly remember them stringing 2 passes together and we seemed to be in control
Yes, at one point I thought McGregor was playing left-back for them as had to go so far back for the ball.

Utterly pummel them and they basically scored every time they got a shot at goal, resulting in them taking a point on both occasions.

We’ve had real problems at both ends of the pitch all season in the league in that respect.

The motherwell game at Ibrox, we were cheated as there's no way our goals were offside in that game that were chopped off..

Yep. We haven't won the league because we've been shit in both boxes.

They’ve been very clinical this season and we haven’t. It’s part of the reason they’re 3-0 up after 30 minutes most games, while we’re giving away last minute equalisers.

It’s been our problem for as long as I can remember now. Even during 55, we’d come away with nervous 1-0 wins when we should’ve been out of sight.
You could see what their game plan was from the get go. Get the Japanese players to run about like mad and put players under pressure. Blitzkrieg football.

Fortunately we are able to deal with that, their players tired and the game swung massively in our favour, but the rest of the teams in the league either don't have the physical attributes to deal with it, or tactical nouse in order to counter it and ride the storm.

The motherwell game at Ibrox, we were cheated as there's no way our goals were offside in that game that were chopped off..
In the first game Sakala’s goal was offside but we got away with it.

Doesn’t take away from the fact we shouldn’t have borked either game - especially the second one 2-0 up at half-time.

We would have won that game with VAR in play

Flawed stats. They had enough decent chances for it to be a 3-3 draw.
If you go by chances it would've been 9-5 to us. Also bear in mind 2 of their best chances were offside anyways and not included in those stats. The Maeda header was a decent chance and Jota had a free header too. We had the goal, Kent's chance, Sakala hitting the post, Arfield's then Jack's efforts plus 2 free headers by Sakala. We should've won it, possibly by a couple.

Exactly

It wasn’t though and we still shouldn’t have conceded two soft as shite goals regardless.

One of the Motherwell goals had a blatant offside in it and we had a goal disallowed that should have stood.

Both points about our defending and the decisions are valid

Sign a reliable, 20-goal a season player next year to rotate/play alongside Alfredo.

Not injury prone
Angry
Hates Tims & Japanese’s

We haven't been clinical ,but I feel the loss of Helander for huge parts of the season and MacGregor having a poor season .is more the reason we have dropped points at times Hagis ability to create has been missed ,Aribo and Kamara have played to much football recently and Davis Jack and Roofe have all been missing at times , the disruption of Gerrard and his staff leaving when they did was unhelpful to say the least ,

Back