Things one has forgotten about the journey

This fucking monstrosity -

B4nMtqOIIAElBzL

Standing on a grassy bank in Forres watching tractors drive past while thinking less than 5 years before we were in a European final. Didn't even realise the Scottish Cup was played in September.
Hospitality for that match was £60 so the trip up wasn't all bad.

Sitting watching us struggle to a draw with Albion Rovers in the cup- getting beat 3-2 by Alloa WTF

Off field, just so many bad memories to mention

I can't work out if Celtic fans are genuinely stupid or not when they say things like you let this happen. It was a deliberate plan to asset strip. There wasn't really anything we could've done. If you ask them what they would have done differently it doesn't seem to get you anywhere. They just would have.

Chris Hegarty scoring v Brechin on opening day of Div 2 and Brechin scoring a worldie

Again, Montrose away they scored an absolute belter.

Templeton's debut v Elgin

David Somers
Craig Mather
Brian Stockbridge
Graham Wallace
Norman Crichton
Easdales
Philip Nash
Barry Leach
Derek Llambias
Ian Hart
Philip Cartmel
Bryan Smart

Last edited:
Let me start this with off the park stunt.

I take you back six years to early 2015.

The three Bears had secured enough backing to legally request an EGM. The spivs regime, unbelievably, twice, tried to get it held in London, in an attempt to protect their vice-like death grip on our great club,

Thankfully, they were thwarted, and the rest, as they say is history, culminating in this glorious day.

The Rangers support is often (justifiably) criticised for being too fragmented, but at that time, thankfully, enough of us pulled together to see the Club restored on its path to greatness.
I remember someone (possible on here) phoned McGill's buses and asked if they could hire a bus to London to take bears down B-)

Top class shithoosery!

Trivial one here but Ally being interviewed whilst seemingly always wearing training gear with peeling off labels and print.

If ever there was a case of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger it's the Rangers story.

The support of this club are united against our enemies like never before and that has only served to galvanise this club of ours.
Make no mistake RFC are a stronger entity now after all the years of turmoil.

Just let that sink in this morning.
We are one of the Pillars of the club.

I remember now, but must have erased it from my memory over the years, queuing up for the portaloos at the back of the stand at half time in Brechin and thinking to myself. This is gonna be a long fucking haul.
without being a smartass I was only too pleased we still had our club. Yes it was hard but each time we won I knew one day we would witness the weekend we've just had . and I like the fellow bears at Ibrox and George Sq. took great delight in saying GIRUY ya shower of Rangers hating bastards . You tried to kill us but failed . We're back where we belong .WATP

Boyd headed Murdoch's cross wide from six yards to seal his team's exit.
This was Raith knocking us out the SC at Ibrox. Boyd was so out of shape he could not get his feet off the ground.
That was the moment I lost it, screaming profanities at the computer screen . I know Boyd is popular now but I never forgave him for that for years.

Jack Irvine punting Easdale disinformation. Used to play spot the plants on here.,
Charlotte Fakeso_O
Graham Wallace and his "120 day" review.
Easedales demanding we stopped laughing at his hair. It upset his mum.
Just to lighten the mood Carlos Bocanegra's wife.

Ally pushing John Daly until his body broke in order to preserve our unbeaten status in league 1.

The Union Bears being absolutely slated for interrupting Greens speech during the time when he was wanting to rename Ibrox the Sports Direct Ibrox or something along those lines. Or their banner telling Ashley to %^*& off cause they were just ‘daft wee boys’

That home game against Annan. Fights breaking out around me in the Club Deck.
I come from Annan originally. A bad,bad day. I remember just 5 years earlier Rangers sent the youth team down in a friendly to open the Stand at Galabank..Rangers were 4-0 up @half time and Kirkwood was giving it the old " stop scoring " lads. Rangers even gave away a blatant penalty to let Annan back in the game in the second half.

The Union Bears being absolutely slated for interrupting Greens speech during the time when he was wanting to rename Ibrox the Sports Direct Ibrox or something along those lines. Or their banner telling Ashley to %^*& off cause they were just ‘daft wee boys’
I stood with them that night - we were given “Always Ibrox” placards to hold.

There was a bit of bother after the game IIRC.

Along with three other Bears I met with one of the directors of a hedge fund that owned a significant chunk of Rangers to try and persuade him to sell their shareholding to the right people. He and his legal advisor listened politely, paid for the coffees and did %^*& all. Them was dark days indeed.

Being in the home end at Annan away and seeing Sandy Jardine, Chuckles Green and Andy Cameron coming out of the hospitality area which was a shipping container.

Just watching BBC Scotland's piece about the turbulent times and it's just dawned on me that I've blocked most of these players from my memory. Must be some sort of trauma :)

Back