This Board’s last chance.

The feeling I’m getting amongst our supporters tonight is anger more than disappointment, feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

I reckon this upcoming transfer window will be our board’s last chance to get it right on the park, and produce a winning Rangers, otherwise heads will roll.

We deserve better.
Thank feck I'm moving out of this street. It's full of them and I'm fed up getting laughed at this time every single season and needing to watching all the gardens next to mine full of them having parties blaring their music singing we are the champions ... Good riddens:D but raging at us for continuing to let it happen. I was hoping I'd be leaving rubbing it in their faces but ah well

In terms of the commercial side I believe it was stated by the CEO. He may be wrong but going by his word. The exposure Scottish Football gets and the potential for sponsors to be seen globally means we don't get top dollar. The same CEO has been getting bashed for having too many sponsors. They can't win.
That's his excuse mate.

You can always do better, there's always someone somewhere wanting to build their brand, new companies setting out needing exposure and that's before we look at European exposure in our recent cup runs in the EL we can offer, its a poor excuse.

Said it many times would love to see the value of these many sponsors, it's a tick box exercise with nothing substantial behind it.

Our commercial side are "lazy" taking eassy options.

Board's last chance or what?

Honestly, what consequences do you think there will be for the board if next season is just as pish as this one? Our board are not accountable to anybody beyond the small group of majority shareholders. The average fan or small shareholder? They have absolutely no influence. They can't hold the board to account. They'd lose any vote at an AGM or EGM.

Fans and small shareholders have no real influence over the board and the majority shareholders aren't angry enough at our performance. So how does the OP propose to hold them to account for this "last chance"?

I doubt if there's an appetite amongst the support in any meaningful numbers for match boycotts or anything else that publicly targets the club. Fans will pay up, support the team, moan about our struggles and then rinse and repeat the following season.

How does the support achieve any meaningful change within the club?

This board can do no wrong seemingly.

Anytime a protest is mentioned we are told to stop acting like that lot.

Ironic when we protested again and again during the spiv era.

When has there ever been a protest mentioned of planned against the current board?

Im also fed up repeating this line.

If a player wants to run down his contract there is nothing the club can do. Absolutely nothing.
Nonsense.

Guys signs a deal. With 18 months left you either get him to resign or you sell. If he won’t extend you move him on. Simple as that.

Yet we’ve let Morelos and Kent in recent years bugger off for nothing. Barisic had interest at one point and now he’s away for nowt.

The board can show it’s got a clue by getting us on a player trading model rather than a player buying and leaving for free model.

That would help bridge the gap.

Board's last chance or what?

Honestly, what consequences do you think there will be for the board if next season is just as pish as this one? Our board are not accountable to anybody beyond the small group of majority shareholders. The average fan or small shareholder? They have absolutely no influence. They can't hold the board to account. They'd lose any vote at an AGM or EGM.

Fans and small shareholders have no real influence over the board and the majority shareholders aren't angry enough at our performance. So how does the OP propose to hold them to account for this "last chance"?

I doubt if there's an appetite amongst the support in any meaningful numbers for match boycotts or anything else that publicly targets the club. Fans will pay up, support the team, moan about our struggles and then rinse and repeat the following season.

How does the support achieve any meaningful change within the club?
If the fans start protesting they'll be under pressure to leave.

I see John Bennett s pal is on .

The stupid question who would you get, who had heard of anyone on the board except Douglas Park.

We had wallies in the first half of the 80s likely Jack Gillespie with his 2 car garages until Malborough appointed David Holmes.

If the fans start protesting they'll be under pressure to leave.

And you honestly believe that the fans will protest in enough numbers to force a change at board level?

Unfortunately Rangers fans don't do that. Rightly or wrongly, the phrase "to the car park declan" that was popular in the 90s when Celtic fans were protesting sums up the feelings of many when it comes to taking organised action.

It's seen as the Timmy thing to do. Rangers fans don't buy into collective action in any meaningful way.

We heard this last summer. And the summer before that.

No, what we got on here last summer was a continual orgasm at all this wonderful talent, the equally wonderful managerial talent that was Beale, had signed. I had to clean my screen every night.

The OP for me has a point. The monies guaranteed for automatic entry into the CL, and especially for next season takes us into new financial disparity.

When you add in a board who are poltically impotent after all we've been through, it does feel like the last chance saloon. However we all know, as does the board, we don't do demos and sack the board stuff. But by feck we need one.

And who will give them the money for their shares? and put more millions in

They don’t need to sell shares just appoint people who actually know what they are doing in key positions like chairman/CEO etc. We need a nasty streak at boardroom level which is sadly lacking.

As for the millions being put in they genuinely wouldn’t need to do that if we were run properly. £82,000,000 in wages over two seasons is absolutely scandalous for what’s being served up on the pitch.

We just need a huge transfer window and a bit more luck next season. With them in the CL (8 games) it will drain them and hopefully lead to more dropped points

Remember Dave King's house of cards - that still applies. We just need one title. Then everything will collapse over there and we can resume dominance

Back the team and the board for next season and we can still leave them in the dust.

We are set to LOSE our position as Scotland’s number one club WITH the current board.
That was always a possibility after the whole liquidation. People seem to be under the idea it wouldn't cause a generational issue, which it obviously would and has.
Yes

Yes, but that was when our very existence was being genuinely threatened by absolute sharks.

None of that applies now. I’ll safely predict there will be no protests of anything remotely of those numbers with this current board.
The anger at Ibrox these days seems stronger than it was even during those days. I think you'll be surprised.

We just need a huge transfer window and a bit more luck next season. With them in the CL (8 games) it will drain them and hopefully lead to more dropped points

Remember Dave King's house of cards - that still applies. We just need one title. Then everything will collapse over there and we can resume dominance

Back the team and the board for next season and we can still leave them in the dust.
I think for us to remain competitive it's important we also qualify for the champions league or have a prolonged run in the Europa League which would drain us also. We need leaders on the park, players that absolutely hate losing and we need the acceptance of coming 2nd mentality within the club removed.

The feeling I’m getting amongst our supporters tonight is anger more than disappointment, feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

I reckon this upcoming transfer window will be our board’s last chance to get it right on the park, and produce a winning Rangers, otherwise heads will roll.

We deserve better.
What did you suggest they need to change and if the fail what’s the plan?

I agree we need new money and that's the commercial/marketing's role, I'm not buying it's at an all time high(if you can point me to proof of this the aplogies yours) and again I don't buy we are doing great, in fact that's exactly the sort of attitude that breads failure.
You don’t know but you still ‘guess’ you’re right. Ok

That's his excuse mate.

You can always do better, there's always someone somewhere wanting to build their brand, new companies setting out needing exposure and that's before we look at European exposure in our recent cup runs in the EL we can offer, its a poor excuse.

Said it many times would love to see the value of these many sponsors, it's a tick box exercise with nothing substantial behind it.

Our commercial side are "lazy" taking eassy options.
This is exactly what I heard from non marketing members of boards for a couple of decades when I worked in Sponsorship

Fucking hell. Talk about head in the sand nonsense

I'm assuming the OP gas a huge wad of money and is laying in wait to buy the club?
The point is the people running the club should be making far better use of the resources already available to them.

Over the last 5 years we've heard lip service to 'best in class', 'player trading model', 'succession planning' etc etc.

How does signing guys from the most expensive leagues - often in their late 20's or with a long track records of injuries - demonstrate a long-term strategy?

Expensive marquee signings walking out the door for free every summer?

An injury list in double figures every single fking season?

A 'robust, extensive recruitment process' for selecting managers that somehow result in unemployed ex-players and former members of the coaching team being handed the big job?

Nobody expects the Board to bankroll £100m of new signings every season, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect basic competence and some joined up thinking. If anything, our lack of resources make this even more important.

That was always a possibility after the whole liquidation. People seem to be under the idea it wouldn't cause a generational issue, which it obviously would and has.

The anger at Ibrox these days seems stronger than it was even during those days. I think you'll be surprised.
I don’t, not even close.
The anger right now is football related, back then, our very existence was threatened, we had thousands in protest marches, and close to a riot at the Hearts game when they tried to sell our stadium to Ashley.

I’d be extremely surprised if we saw anywhere even remotely close to that anytime soon,

What is it you want the board to change from what they are doing now? Genuine question.
Set a tone of ruthlessness, so we aren't in a situation where we're relying on the same failures that have been here 3, 4, 5, 6 years in a row and have 1 league title to show for it to somehow change things season after season.

Improve/change the recruitment model so we aren't paying massive fees and wages to unbelievably mediocre footballers. Highest wage bill in Scotland and nothing to show for it..

Sell players when the irons hot instead of letting players like Kent, Morelos, Goldson and Barisic run down their contracts. Granted, Bassey and Patterson were both sold for good money in fairness.

Those 3 things change the complexion tenfold.

Nonsense.

Guys signs a deal. With 18 months left you either get him to resign or you sell. If he won’t extend you move him on. Simple as that.

Yet we’ve let Morelos and Kent in recent years bugger off for nothing. Barisic had interest at one point and now he’s away for nowt.

The board can show it’s got a clue by getting us on a player trading model rather than a player buying and leaving for free model.

That would help bridge the gap.
With respect its your reply that's nonsense.

" If he won’t extend you move him on. Simple as that."

If player makes it clear he will see out his contract no matter what then what do we do?

And please don't come back with the above statement which as Ive said is nonsense.

I’ve still yet to hear any realistic solutions as to how we could have invested properly when we had an eye watering £23mill loss and relied that year on £14mill of directors loans just to keep the club running,
That's the boards job, or something!

This is the sad reality, everything the scum do in the footballing department is the right way to do things.

A clear example of that is when we won the league. They ripped the entire thing up and reaped the rewards instantly

We've got the same players letting us down season after season. Those same players simply don't survive at the other mob.

Has to still be mentioned though, that they are still disgusting, child abusing, subhuman, inhumane filth that built a statue of a man that allowed a child predator to reap havoc on their club then set a tone to gaslight and abuse the victims, regardless of how they run the footballing department.

I don’t know where people get this perception from that you can sack a board. Yes, you can join in with the chant and hold up a banner but that’s as far as it goes

Someone , with lots of cash , that is more interested in Rangers than our current board full of good Rangers men needs to buy their shares. That assumes they want to sell their shares. I don’t want to see another Ashley, Whyte, Green or Easdale anywhere near Ibrox.

Most Scottish people that have made enough money to buy Rangers aren’t interested. The hassle that it brings for them and their families isn’t worth it.

This post sums up my thoughts also.

Where are all these rich Rangers supporting moneymen who are prepared to run Rangers and be open to the feelings of the fans through thick and thin?

I wonder how many would feel with a David Murray type character taking over the club now.

This is the sad reality, everything the scum do in the footballing department is the right way to do things.

A clear example of that is when we won the league. They ripped the entire thing up and reaped the rewards instantly

We've got the same players letting us down season after season. Those same players simply don't survive at the other mob.

Has to still be mentioned though, that they are still disgusting, child abusing, subhuman, inhumane filth that built a statue of a man that allowed a child predator to reap havoc on their club then set a tone to gaslight and abuse the victims, regardless of how they run the footballing department.
We seem to do the diet version of everything they do.

We had 1 title. Its whats stopping them celebrating 12 in a row.

That 1 title didnt seem to have much of an impact on them did it?

With respect its your reply that's nonsense.

" If he won’t extend you move him on. Simple as that."

If player makes it clear he will see out his contract no matter what then what do we do?

And please don't come back with the above statement which as Ive said is nonsense.

Play hardball. Reserves until they leave. See how many big contracts they get offered elsewhere when they've not played for 18 months.

It seems we are the only club in the world who talk about a player trading model and then make excuses about not being able to implement it because we can't stop players running down their contracts. It's a nonsense.

Ajax, PSV, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, our pals across the city all seem to manage it fine.

Who was the last big asset to walk out of Celtic on a Bosman ?

Not really true when you look at their recruitment in the past 18 months, the difference is they can afford to make a few mistakes .

Also their results in Europe and would suggest thier football department do not get everything correct.

Smaller clubs with lesser budgets have achieved far more than them in Europe recently.

Aye by luck more than anything, they chased Howe for months then were scrambling about looking for a manager when he said no eventually, threw a double six and landed on the Aussie who treated the Scottish league with the contempt it deserves.

Play hardball. Reserves until they leave. See how many big contracts they get offered elsewhere when they've not played for 18 months.

It seems we are the only club in the world who talk about a player trading model and then make excuses about not being able to implement it because we can't stop players running down their contracts. It's a nonsense.

Ajax, PSV, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, our pals across the city all seem to manage it fine.

Who was the last big asset to walk out of Celtic on a Bosman ?
I absolutely get your point but point stands that the players have the power. The issue we have had is not identifying that risk when buying/signing in the first place.

Secondly they've been successful on the park and as a result player values (in terms of prospective fees and individual players possible salary elsewhere) all rise hence attractiveness of a move increases for players. We've simply not had that luxury.

We had 1 title. Its whats stopping them celebrating 12 in a row.

That 1 title didnt seem to have much of an impact on them did it?
We had them where we wanted them and we didn't press our advantage. We pissed away the chance to bury them for a decade.

Gerrard literally told us what we needed to do, fix the roof whilst the sun was shining, and we refused. That doesn't take away the fact the opportunity was there. If we get the chance again, we better learn our mistakes from 55.

We had them where we wanted them and we didn't press our advantage. We pissed away the chance to bury them for a decade.

Gerrard literally told us what we needed to do, fix the roof whilst the sun was shining, and we refused. That doesn't take away the fact the opportunity was there. If we get the chance again, we better learn our mistakes from 55.
How could we have buried them for a decade?

Attention seeking look at me post number 115 of the week. I suppose we should be grateful he never ended it with DISCUSS.

Stop wasting our money for a start would be nice.

They have got every single appointment wrong after Gerrard.

They had a very weak CEO for years he was walked over by our counterparts.

I want them to run our club properly they stopped doing that while lapping up 55 and too busy with hubris and neglecting the club.

We pay the highest wages in the country look what we get for it.

The board must do better and hire folk that know what they are doing for a start.

Ross Wilson set us back years and they still didn’t sack him
Sorry, but every appointment since Gerrard has been hailed by the majority of the support. AS has every signing. It's not like they've been going out and buying duds that no one wanted.

Raskin was going to be the next big thing.
Silva was the final piece of the jigsaw.
Cifuentes was a coup etc.

The market we shop in is extremely hit and miss, unfortunately we've had more misses than hits.

I absolutely get your point but point stands that the players have the power. The issue we have had is not identifying that risk when buying/signing in the first place.

The first port of call is to stop handing out ridiculous contracts to Championship level players in their late 20's that we'll never be able to shift or sell. That's player trading model rule number 1.

Davies and Lawrence are on £25k+ a week. Who the hell in their right mind is going to look at those guys and pay us a fee and pay them what they're on at Ibrox ?

We have about three times as many guys as Celtic on that level of money and very few of them have a resale value. It's absolutely killing us.

Not really true when you look at their recruitment in the past 18 months, the difference is they can afford to make a few mistakes .

Also their results in Europe and would suggest thier football department do not get everything correct.

Smaller clubs with lesser budgets have achieved far more than them in Europe recently.
You don't get every new signing right though. That never happens, if you have a 50% success rate you're generally doing. And it was the spine of the team from Postecoglu's first season that have got them over the line again.

12/13 league titles? It would be a m8nor annoyance if we were getting pumped in the CL every season but winning league after league.

There probably has been Copenhagen have done excellent in the CL this season. Can't think of that many more in the Champions league. Couldn't care less either tbh.

Been saying it for long enough. We were a mess before Gerrard came in. I put that down to them having to deal with the sh1tshow they had been left. However in my opinion Gerrard came in and drove the standards that were required and held the board to account on those things. Since he left I feel like that has regressed back the way again.
I've said time and time again just because these guys are Rangers fans and have put their money in doesn't mean they are the right people to be making the decisions or the best qualified to be running our club.

well why don't you do something about it? Go and make your millions and come back and invest it in Rangers .

If you are not willing to do this then shut the %^*& up
edit - replied to wrong post

Last edited:

One title is the start reality is the catalyst but it's the 2nd in a row that puts them in a cycle.

They were nearly chasing post a pot of glue down the road in October.

We failed badly to capitalise on that

We win the league under gio that year of we play the sheep and scum and correct times.

They got the games rearranged and they sent and spent getting 4/5 players in we got ramsey and diallio.

Back