This feels like the final few games under Gio/Beale

Clement is rightly going to get the summer and next season to get things right, but you’d have to be wilfully ignorant not be concerned about performances in the last month.

He needs a serious result and performance this weekend .

And we all know how they both ended. Defeat on Sunday and another manager could be away.

Same players letting us down. Time after time.

Disgusted. Deflated.
I agree it feels similar

But I think Clement is enough of a ruthless character to get shot of the worst offenders in the summer. Beale just wanted it to be 2020 and Gio was too loyal after Seville

Same players same results. A good run of form won't change anything, it's time to completely rip it up. No sentimentality over any of them

And we all know how they both ended. Defeat on Sunday and another manager could be away.

Disgusted. Deflated.

No he couldn't. There is absolutely no way that Clement is leaving Rangers unless he himself quits the club. He'll get at least this summer to try and bring in his own players.

The squad needs to be completely gutted.

Nonsense. If anything it just underlines the need to deal with the reason why we've needed a new manager in each of the previous seasons. This team isn't anywhere near capable of taking plus where we want to go

As you say, that’s three managers these players have failed. I would suggest the evidence points to the players being the issue, not the manager.

If Clement persists with Tav, Goldson and Lundstram then it will also be his undoing.

I'm in no mood to offer any analysis as it's all been done before. Will watch the semi. If it goes tits up then see you next season. We've pretty much turned a two horse race into one team. Certain players will never be forgiven. I include the captain in that .

My concern is there is no plan b, the manager has done well with these players, who I may add have got many managers the sack, we need to change the old guard and the bottlers, we need leaders not players who need to take it on board and learn from it every year.

Doesn’t feel like the last days of a manager but there are defo similarities to GVB and Beale, new manager comes in, team respond, team then become shit and can’t string two passes together and we still don’t have a manager that can beat Celtic

No more managers. Clement has what it takes to deliver us success. There’s a strong argument to make that so did Gio. Both of them were let down by the legacy old guard. Give Gio or PC 5 seasons at the club building a whole new squad and the sky will be the limit for us.

The leadership group are to blame. The same ones that shite under the least hint of pressure.

We’ve seen what Clement can bring, and it’s good. We’ve seen what shite the leadership group can bring, and it’s howling.

This needs to be the last season of them. No more is acceptable. This can’t be allowed to carry on, because if there’s morons at our club that think by some miracle that these frauds can bring success, then they need hunted as well.

If this carries on, this 55 nonsense won’t mean %^*& all. Because that rotten lot will be laughing all the way past it very soon.

A fucking embarrassment once again.

That’s because we’ve got a board who constantly make the same mistakes year after year without learning.

We are heading towards throwing yet another manager under the bus and hoping the next guy can work miracles for about the 40th time.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we’re sitting here in 12 months with someone else in the dugout wondering how many millions have again been wasted on dreadful players over the next two windows.

Clement is going nowhere.

He knows he's working with shte just now.

He looked raging at the end

Then do something about it.

There are guys in that team who can play as bad as they want and they'll play 90 minutes.

Either he changes it or he pays the price.

They can't be allowed to get another manager sacked. They'll just do it to the next guy, then the one after...
This time is different in that the fans won’t stand for Clement to take the blame just now. He needs to be brave and rip up that squad starting with the “leadership”

Disgusted. Deflated.
You just answered your own point. It's the players.

Clements not even had a summer transfer window.

I just pray tonight has shown Clement what he we already knew about these charlatans, they are bottlejobs who don't deserve to be here.

I trust he will make the right decisions.

Clement always needed next season at least to make a fist of this, arguably the season after that as well to reset this unremitting pile of shite.

He's unfortunately made his job harder by getting so much out of them for a few months. I'm concerned about some of his decisions the last few weeks but he'll ultimately be judged on his start to next season. With a squad that is healthy, new, and rid of the utter embarrassments.

It does have the same feel as the last days of managers, but this time it must be the last days of players instead.

Our players are more successful at fragging leadership than disgruntled US soldiers in Vietnam.

They've gotten 3 managers fired, almost got Gerrard fired after Hamilton, gutted the technical and coaching side of things 3 or 4 times, the board got taken out because of their failures.

And that's only the last five years!

Personally don't think the manager is in danger, however the key question is how much money is he going to be given to rectify this in the summer?

If it's a low number then he might end up walking rather than let this group of serial offenders destroy another manager's reputation.

Clement won’t be sacked unless he has a Bealeesque start to next season. He is working with a squad full of utter dross thanks to two summers of unbelievably bad recruitment.

It's absolutely nowhere near the last days of Beale or Gio. Behave.
It is, I said that to my son earlier. The same players throwing the manager under the bus. Tye new one will come in and the sane players will say “breath of fresh air, great feeling around the place, new beginning” etc etc. I said a few days ago, it’s a pattern. I got banned for giving players a hard time, which I believe was harsh. If I say what I think I am in trouble

Disgusted. Deflated.
Bullshit how about giving him one transfer window to spend a bit of cash and to get rid of the dross?

I think the Benfica game was a reality check for some who had been performing well domestically.

The Celtic game on top of that looks to have stripped the team of any confidence.

They don’t believe they can win the league.

It is, I said that to my son earlier. The same players throwing the manager under the bus. Tye new one will come in and the sane players will say “breath of fresh air, great feeling around the place, me beginning” etc etc. I said a few days ago, it’s a pattern. I got banned for giving players a hard time, which I believe was harsh. If I say what I think I am in trouble
Aye well these players haven't got long to go so the managers going nowhere

They fooled us for a few months but these players are all very average and have absolutely no heart or bottle. Clement will be here next season and rightly so but he won't have much to work with as we require another complete overhaul. We will win nothing else this season with these losers, I can't stand the sight of them, spinless cheats.

Let’s be honest and brutally honest, Frank Spencer should be able to manage a Rangers squad full of those players to victories against Ross County, Dundee and Motherwell given their budgets. I’m past making excuses for this guy, it would have appeared that the players just disliked Beale the man so much that they had entirely downed tools, they lifted them once again once he had gone, that was the cause of the improvements we saw.
For the last near two months this manager has shown us very little in terms of selection or tactics to suggest he knows what he is doing and I know I’m about to be repeatedly told that these aren’t his players, but they are his tactics and they aren’t very convincing.

Manager's going nowhere unless he pulls the plug on a number of senior players that continue to fold when the going gets tough.

Another rebuild in the summer but this time it's about changing the dressing room mentality as much as quality on the park.

Clemente fails to bin the senior players in the summer then he'll be another victim of their mentality.

I just can’t work it out.

People shouting it’s the players but even the relatively new signings are suffering the same way. It’s endemic.

Questions to be asked at every part of the football setup.

The last thing the board want is to be looking for a fifth manager in less than three years but while there's no question regarding Philip Clement's man management skills are his football tactics any better than either Gio's or Michael Beale s?

I agree it feels similar

But I think Clement is enough of a ruthless character to get shot of the worst offenders in the summer. Beale just wanted it to be 2020 and Gio was too loyal after Seville

See this is what I'm not sure about. Gio was clearly hamstrung in terms of who he could bring in, and I think Clement will be the same.

I think there will be changes, obviously, but we're talking about needing to get rid of the core of our squad. Sadly, I think that's an unrealistic prospect.

It absolutely doesn't.

The fans haven't turned on Clement. At least none of the sane ones anyway.

He's made some poor decisions in the last two games. Neglecting to play a midfielder in midfield, makes me suspect that Raskin has done something that has royally pissed him off. Can't be any other reason, we don't have a midfield and it's killed us in the past two games. Could have driven a fucking bus through the middle of the pitch at times.

Disgusted. Deflated.
It's not the manager we need rid of, but hopefully he now realises that the leadership in the team is not strong enough and we don't have a core of the right type of players.

Not sure how we afford to make all the required changes but guys like Tav and Goldson can no longer be certain starters next year even when they are playing badly.

Another bang average manager who is shit scared to change anything, pretty much like his predecessors, how he can stand and watch those senior players put in that level of performance is beyond me
Change what?

The squad is an absolute disgrace full of dreadful footballers

Disgusted. Deflated.
I'm as pissed off as the next bear but it really doesn't.

Nobody even saw us having a chance in the league when Clement took over he pulled a shambolic squad back into contention. Then the same old lot let us down.

Gutted.

I’m tempted to take my earlier comment back now. Clement interview: thinks we created enough to win the game. Not sure what game he was watching

Sick of saying same thing get tav and goldson to %^*& play Balogun surely Yilmaz is fit from now and Sterling at right back we have no fucking width and every player tonight passing the buck and not willing to take responsibility and grow a pair

Clement needs to be clear to the board that they'll need to somehow fund a total squad rebuild.

This group of players are done, with a few exceptions.

Reactions: VGM
Clement's still working with Beales even Gerrard's players! 3 players he's brought in January Cortes(injured) Diomande(injured) and Silva (has been poor), I've been quite impressed with the first 2. The players have nose dived after maybe peaking too early half way from the season. We're gonna need Killie or Hearts to do us a favour and us to win the remaining games of the season but that looks like bridge too far.
A cup game this weekend isn't a bad thing try and get through to the final and back on to winning the last games of the league not over just yet.

I had a post written out to defend Clement and then went through to watch that press conference. From the first words out his mouth my jaw was on the floor. That is as inexplicable, remarkable press conference I can recall seeing from a Rangers manager. Tone deaf and really worrying.

See this is what I'm not sure about. Gio was clearly hamstrung in terms of who he could bring in, and I think Clement will be the same.

I think there will be changes, obviously, but we're talking about needing to get rid of the core of our squad. Sadly, I think that's an unrealistic prospect.
It is not easy for sure, especially when we are looking at one window to try to sort out years of mismanagement.

But if you want to change a culture then you’ve got to go to the core. So it might be a case of focusing resources on replacing those central figures in our recent history/failures

No point tinkering around the edges bringing in flashy attackers when our centre backs and central mid slow everything down to a snails pace and then hammer a long ball out of play. And even if it all clicks for maybe 30 games a year, they shit the bed at the business end

He had one facial expression that was an exact replica of Beale in his final days. Almost like he can't understand what is happening.

It is not easy for sure, especially when we are looking at one window to try to sort out years of mismanagement.

But if you want to change a culture then you’ve got to go to the core. So it might be a case of focusing resources on replacing those central figures in our recent history/failures

No point tinkering around the edges bringing in flashy attackers when our centre backs and central mid slow everything down to a snails pace and then hammer a long ball out of play. And even if it all clicks for maybe 30 games a year, they shit the bed at the business end
I'm absolutely with you. As said on another thread, it's becoming difficult to argue that the core of our squad, the supposed senior players and leaders, are the problem. They bend like human palm trees at the sign of pressure.

And I remain convinced that it's a psychological thing. I know all teams thrive on confidence, but the manner of our repeated collapses puts you in mind of a team with collective PTSD.

I'm just worried about our ability to actually make those changes. We've had those 'squad clearout needed' threads since 55, and each time we end up being placated by having a few trophy signings, and the current squad putting in a few good performances when there's no pressure.

Another bang average manager who is shit scared to change anything, pretty much like his predecessors, how he can stand and watch those senior players put in that level of performance is beyond me

What's the alternative Pep?

Have you seen our bench?

What's the alternative Pep?

Have you seen our bench?
Who said anything about the bench?

How about we play the ball quicker, we press higher, we run faster, we anticipate 2nd balls, we bully teams, if you do not carry out the instructions then you are off.

Nope, he thinks we were brilliant. Guy has lost the plot

Back