This is similar to the collapse Clement had at Monaco that cost him his job.

Sounds like us in the summer with butland going tbh...
is butland going a certainty??

im hearing mixed stuff and then some folk in our group chats on whatsapp seem to be convinced his wife or family or something isnt settling in glasgow and he wants away??

its all "he said she said" nonsense tho since no one i know is close to any of the players

Said the same when the tramps got Rodgers back ,, good managers aren’t readily available.
We got clement with ease as no one else was interested that should have been red flag.
That will be the same Rodgers that got a very decent Leicester team relegated? The Leicester players and support hated him. Not one EPL team was interested in the tranny shagger. His scum team have been awful this season. We’ve handed him the title on a plate. Sickening.

It's not even close to the same ?

Monaco sold their best player(s) and didn't give him the funds to replace them.
This is true. Monaco sold their best players and replaced them with lesser quality. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing he's trying to try and salvage something for the weekend. I would be shocked if most of these players are here next year.

Not saying he'll get the bullet but there was a similar collapse with one win in the last 7 games there.
The players are massively massively to blame for this but just maybe we got a bit ahead of ourselves with how great we thought the manager is.
He needed to be stronger and ship the shysters out of that team quicker also his decision to sign Silva rather than a striker in January was a monumental %^*& up.
Beale had already blown the budget to buy any players and no ones letting any good strikers go out on loan in that window.

Far from it but perhaps it’s time to back the gaffer and dig out some of the players that have consistently let us and previous managers down.
They do get dug out and rightly so but the manager sticks by them week after week no matter how often they %^*& up.
Problem I have though is with his continual baffling team selections we see zero structure or tactic.
We look like we could play all day in games and never score enough to win a game, let alone win a game convincingly these days.
It's absolutely shite from the players and the manager that selects them.

Beale had already blown the budget to buy any players and no ones letting any good strikers go out on loan in that window.
The wages we are playing Silva would have covered signing a proper striker, signing shankland for 3 or 4 million for example would have been the difference between us having that champions League cash and them now so but having it banked.

How were his collapses when he won the Belgian league 3 times?

2 of them were very close to not winning the title

With Genk he didn't win in the final 3 matches and won the title on the final day with a draw.

First year with Brugge the league was stopped after 29 games and Brugge awarded the title

2nd year with Brugge he won 1 of the last 6 games in the play offs.

Then there is the end of the season with Monaco.

It was a concern of mine prior to his appointment but was shot down for suggesting it was maybe a red flag.

Not saying he should be chased but there has to be consideration to his role in this current form.

The wages we are playing Silva would have covered signing a proper striker, signing shankland for 3 or 4 million for example would have been the difference between us having that champions League cash and them now so but having it banked.
We are only paying a % of Silvas wages and where are we getting 3 or 4 million from have you not seen our latest accounts?

These players had similar end of season collapses under Stevie G and Gio. It’s on them more than it is the managers
Butland, Souttar, Sterling, Diomande, Dowell, Lawrence, Sima, Dessers, Matondo, Mccausland, Ridvan, Davies, Raskin, Silva - all weren’t there.

There were 3/4 max who were around for it all. This is a complete fallacy that it’s the same faces. It’s a very small percentage of the players, and one of them is our top scorer and top assists this season.

It was a concern of mine prior to his appointment but was shot down for suggesting it was maybe a red flag.

Not saying he should be chased but there has to be consideration to his role in this current form.
So, what are we saying, that April comes around and something happens with PC that automatically makes his teams shit the bed? Or that he himself becomes a poor manager all of a sudden for that last month and a half of the season?

Just as well you're not saying he should be chased. Many are inferring it is a matter of time and others are openly calling for it. Absolutely wild.

is butland going a certainty??

im hearing mixed stuff and then some folk in our group chats on whatsapp seem to be convinced his wife or family or something isnt settling in glasgow and he wants away??

its all "he said she said" nonsense tho since no one i know is close to any of the players

Without having any inside information whatsoever, I expect him to go on the basis that he’s the only substantial saleable asset we have on the books and therefore will raise some funds to reinvest elsewhere in the team.

Been a great singing but not much point having a good keeper if the rest of your team is howling.

It's tiresome to hear the same three players get the blame.

It goes deeper than that...let's just pick Silva who PC has refused to drop....he has had three terrible games on the trot.

The alternatives aren't much better at all though.

Maybe should get Sima back on the left and somebody else on the right.

They do get dug out and rightly so but the manager sticks by them week after week no matter how often they %^*& up.
Problem I have though is with his continual baffling team selections we see zero structure or tactic.
We look like we could play all day in games and never score enough to win a game, let alone win a game convincingly these days.
It's absolutely shite from the players and the manager that selects them.
Agree about his strange team selection's is Scott Wright injured? Because he started at Parkhead but hasn't been in the match day squad since I'm not advocating he should be playing but it highlights PC's team selection's

Butland, Souttar, Sterling, Diomande, Dowell, Lawrence, Sima, Dessers, Matondo, Mccausland, Ridvan, Davies, Raskin, Silva - all weren’t there.

There were 3/4 max who were around for it all. This is a complete fallacy that it’s the same faces. It’s a very small percentage of the players, and one of them is our top scorer and top assists this season.

Yeah it’s a fair point. I said in another thread that we have a squad of players that simply aren’t good enough. It was the same in those other seasons. We can go on decent winning runs but don’t have what we need to sustain it over a season.

The recruitment since the 55 season simply isn’t good enough and we can’t compete financially with the mhanky mob.

That will be the same Rodgers that got a very decent Leicester team relegated? The Leicester players and support hated him. Not one EPL team was interested in the tranny shagger. His scum team have been awful this season. We’ve handed him the title on a plate. Sickening.
My point exactly no one wanted Rodgers hence the nonsense peddled that he was a top notch manager.

The culture in the squad is a concern.. They prove time and again they just don't have the minerals required. You never see the group or any individual rolling up their sleeves and demanding more when we need it. It won't change without a big change in the leadership group within the squad.

I would hold fire.

He's not going to come out and hammer every single waste of a jersey. He should but as a professional he won't.

Agreed.

He'll see now that there's a mental fragility running through the core of the squad he has inherited.

What would throwing them under the bus achieve at this point?

With Genk he didn't win in the final 3 matches and won the title on the final day with a draw.

First year with Brugge the league was stopped after 29 games and Brugge awarded the title

Very damning stats that.
Cheers for the in depth breakdown, I started the thread only on the basis of the Monaco debacle.
That's quite concerning that almost every season his teams start to fade.

Never takes us too long to turn does it?

Inherited a total shit show, a complete mess and worked absolute miracles to have this squad of charlatans where they are

Let’s just get rid though, “red flags” everywhere

Not saying he'll get the bullet but there was a similar collapse with one win in the last 7 games there.
The players are massively massively to blame for this but just maybe we got a bit ahead of ourselves with how great we thought the manager is.
He needed to be stronger and ship the shysters out of that team quicker also his decision to sign Silva rather than a striker in January was a monumental %^*& up.
That’ll be the pattern right there then.

He's doing what previous managers have and is letting the team manage itself, which will be his downfall. His interview after the game was Beale levels of nonsense and has me worried about him.

Wonder if PC is having any regrets about even bothering taking this job in the first place.

Massive, massive club with a fanbase that has major expectations...and a piss poor squad and limited funds to rectify it. I don't envy him.

But he did win them, do you celebrate more when we win the league by 1 point or by 20 points ?

Thats the reason why folk are mentioning this now, so if and when Clement leaves they can say I told you so

We can't keep sacking Managers all the time, even Clement was wary of taking on the job due to how quickly we got rid of GVB and Beale

Here it starts .A nicely placed article in the Times about his time in Monaco and folk pile in. Just waiting for Celtic's other media glove puppets to start to chime in. So predictable, Given the players he has inherited who would have done a better job.

This bunch of players have collapsed multiple fkn times over the years! Fk all to do with Clement, he inherited this serial loser mentality of a squad!

Here it starts .A nicely placed article in the Times about his time in Monaco and folk pile in. Just waiting for Celtic's other media glove puppets to start to chime in. So predictable, Given the players he has inherited who would have done a better job.

Yip he's had half a season and 1 transfer window and people are wanting The Manager chased

Never takes us too long to turn does it?

Inherited a total shit show, a complete mess and worked absolute miracles to have this squad of charlatans where they are

Let’s just get rid though, “red flags” everywhere
We could hire Guardiola, Ancelotti or Alonso and we would still have posters firing out the 'red flag' nonsense

But he did win them, do you celebrate more when we win the league by 1 point or by 20 points ?

Thats the reason why folk are mentioning this now, so if and when Clement leaves they can say I told you so

We can't keep sacking Managers all the time, even Clement was wary of taking on the job due to how quickly we got rid of GVB and Beale

He did win them.

He might still win this title as well. It's not over yet.

He has more than enough credit after getting us back into the race this season to deserve full backing in summer. Was just highlighting what is a trend at all his teams at the business end of the season. It's all there in the record books to go and look at

It’s more like the January capitulations in 19 and 20, or 2022, or downing tools the first half dozen games this season. The players that repeatedly fail can GTF then we will talk about the manager

I think most managers who have lost their job have had a bad run of results

Any manager that has never had a bad run of results and lost their job is way outside our price league

This is similar to the collapse Gio had after a good start

This is similar to the collapse Beale had after a good start

This is similar to the collapse Clement had after a good start

Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results
We had yearly collapses under Gerrard soon as we'd get close to Celtic also, not to mention the performances and results that nearly got him sacked before the League was stopped. The one season we didn't had no fans, and we still bottled what should have been the easiest Treble in our history.

It's the players and it has always been the players.

When it's his players he has brought in this would be an issue but there not

While we all want to say it was awful and these players are getting told but we can clearly see the players are fragile fairy's and probably could not handle it. He still needs them till end of season then I hope he gets struck in to them

Copied from X

Clement had one outstanding period at the end of his first season at Monaco.
Played some exciting football but team selection was questionable at times.
Notably failed to rally his side after key losses, which became decisively poor spells.
He can't afford the same at Rangers.

Back