This is the telling quote for me:

The manager has been unable to put a team out with the necessary tactics to beat Ross county and Dundee. Of course he deserves criticism. He also deserves our backing and next season to prove he has what it takes but he is not unworthy of a bit of criticism.
Well I’ll put it like this…when PC came in the most obvious difference in the team’s performances wasn’t scintillating football, it was the energy levels that went up markedly and you could say he simplified things for the players to go out and execute. However, personnel wise we’ve got a core of guy’s who’ve been there too long and we’ve seen the same movie too many times now.

Middle to front, I don’t think many would disagree we are absolutely bogging! and have been for about 18 months. We are so disjointed and a million miles off what it should be and needs to be, more often than not the passing and the final ball doesn’t come off and when it does we don’t have the predatory instincts to ruthlessly take advantage in the final third with Dessers simply not good enough and others not working out for us either.

PC asked these guy’s to up their energy level and efforts which they did but now they have either run out of steam or decided they can’t be arsed because the likes of Ross County and Dundee shouldn’t have caused us too many problems if the ATTITUDE was correct. We didn’t remotely look like a team trying to win a league title. It's wholesale changes now in the summer that’s required, no ifs buts or maybes and if it doesn’t happen prepare to get your balls kicked again next season as well and that’s by no means an impossibility even if the club does have a big clear out!

A rebuild with the level of funding available to us and much reduced from what it could’ve been will in all likelihood mean it will take a period of time to come good for us as there will be the inevitable inconsistency you can get when rebuilding with more younger players which will need time to develop. Bringing in injury prone players from the championship on big wages needs to stop, so much money and time has been wasted and now it’s time to do this reconstruction properly no matter how much it’s probably going to hurt in order to get us back to where we want to be.

Last edited:
Nor does it take into consideration the fact that they may drop points to Killie (again) or Hearts (again). Remember losing to them at Ibrox to go 5 points behind with 4 games to go in 2005? Everyone thought that was it. League over. They immediately lost their next game against Hibs, then again to Motherwell and the legend of Helicopter Sunday was born. Do I think we'll win this league from here? Highly unlikely. But we're not in as bad a position as we were in 2005, so all I'm saying is it isn't over til it's over.
The 2005 team had players in it who actually had a pair, that’s the difference.

It’s a comparable situation, but when you look at the make up of both Rangers teams, that’s when you realise this lot don’t stand a chance.

This place reads like it's on horse tranquilizers today.

I'm just no depressed in comparison, staing only facts also.

Facts don't matter much on here among all the wallowing in pity.
I'd say Facts do matter but delusion is a different matter

Need to get you into the Team Talk. The Fans haven't let the Club down

I would do that no bother, but they know legendary status still awaits same way I do.

I never once said we let the Club down, but to concede when we can win everything is deluded.

We had the chance to be 2 clear from the last 2 games, we find ourselves 3 behind and in no form to win 5 games let alone beat them. We have to change style completely, 5 defenders allowing Tav and say Ridvan to push on, sima back on left , McCausland right, Sterling midfield. We need legs in the team not Lawrence, Lundstram or Dowell.

A few weeks ago we were in a great position to win the league.
Not so much now after some woeful performances !! :))

I was hoping he would be more honest and say in the last few games we haven’t met the standards we set ourselves. The players have been told this. They know it and we’ll be back on the trading ground tomorrow to make this right.
Don't you think what he says to them is the only important bit? Sound bites always have to be positive in these scenarios, it doesn't mean the players are hearing anything positive about terrible performances though.

Sunday will tell us all we need to know I guess.

What would I advise the Manager to say?

"Every single player is playing for their future at this Club.
The past is gone: it's what they do from now on is what counts.
I only want players here who want to win.
If they can't win or don't even look like they're trying that hard -- they have no place here."

And I want him to mean it !

Our Manager:

“I don't speak about favourites. I didn't do it a few weeks ago, I won't do it now. If we win all the games, we still have our fate in our hands.”

Mathematically, he is correct. But it requires 15 points and a massive goal difference swing (no laughing at the back). B-)

That said, whatever happened to his mantra of one game at a time? He’s consistently refused to look beyond the next game since he came in but yet, now, the writing is on the wall and he knows the pressure is on; he’s clutching at the same straws as the supporters.

It tells me, deep down, PC knows the title race is over.

Wonder what he’ll say when we drop points against St Mirren?

Come on PC wisen up and stop giving the media and that mob more ammunition to spin and laugh about.
I don’t disagree

However the goal difference is 5, if we had to beat them it would be 4 max

So although I don’t see it happening, it certainly shouldn’t be considered insurmountable and the players need to go out and give it all they have and salvage this

Like it or not, we should back them 100% until it’s done, there is no other option

Clement knows it’s gone and he looked shell shocked and bewildered on the touchline at full time. You could see him and his assistant looking at each in disbelief at the set of losers they’d just watched in front of them.

He needs to be careful what he says after the match but his reputation is being battered defending his players and offering up factually incorrect statements about matches.

Clement knows it’s gone and he looked shell shocked and bewildered on the touchline at full time. You could see him and his assistant looking at each in disbelief at the set of losers they’d just watched in front of them.

He needs to be careful what he says after the match but his reputation is being battered defending his players and offering up factually incorrect statements about matches.
Yeah - you could see it in his eyes throughout the game.

The 2005 team had players in it who actually had a pair, that’s the difference.

It’s a comparable situation, but when you look at the make up of both Rangers teams, that’s when you realise this lot don’t stand a chance.
I get that and I'm not disagreeing. But at the same time we could have a scenario where we beat St. Mirren and Killie, they lose to Hearts and suddenly we go there level on points. I'm certainly not deluded enough to think we're at all likely to win the league from this position and given current performances. Just saying stranger things have happened in the run in, so let's not wave the white flag of surrender until it's officially done and dusted.

Our Manager:

“I don't speak about favourites. I didn't do it a few weeks ago, I won't do it now. If we win all the games, we still have our fate in our hands.”

Mathematically, he is correct. But it requires 15 points and a massive goal difference swing (no laughing at the back). B-)

That said, whatever happened to his mantra of one game at a time? He’s consistently refused to look beyond the next game since he came in but yet, now, the writing is on the wall and he knows the pressure is on; he’s clutching at the same straws as the supporters.

Come on PC wisen up and stop giving the media and that mob more ammunition to spin and laugh about.
Aye right enough he should have come out and said the league is over. Imagine the outcry then!

Come on lastnight wasn’t nearly as bad as Dingwall that was a meltdown and that was PCs point the structure was secure again but the advanced and forwards couldn’t provide movement and opportunities leading to an xG 1.03
I thought it was worse for 2 reasons,
- A response was badly needed and we didn't remotely get one
- We created very, very little yesterday and the players looked scared to go forward

Granted we were better defensively and gave up fewer chances, but it was a cowardly performance with no one willing to take responsibility going forward. We at least had opportunities vs County.

Ross County could be seen as a blip in isolation, but Dundee cemented a worrying pattern that in all likelihood has cost us the title.

Appreciate we're comparing two of the worst performances of Clement's tenure

Medical experts and the public speaking psychology experts are out in force, full asylum mode in here

Our Manager:

His interview last night was worse than anything from Beale and Gio put together.
Beyond deluded

Especially as we have to beat them so it’s -3 at worst in that scenario.

We won’t beat them though…

The confidence coming from a cup win and 2 league games before that would paint a different picture in all our heads, more importantly the players.

Perspective will change when we reach the final this weekend and then the confidence from it to do St Mirren.

We're still in for some fun here and plenty will happen that few expect, twists and turns that are unforeseen.

5 goals behind them with 5 games to play is far from a massive goal difference fs.

Exactly. If you beat them, then that 5 is down to a maximum of 3 (assuming we match them goal for goal until then).

However, if we are not making a huge improvement we'll be fortunate to win another game this season.

Win on Sunday and it MIGHT restore some confidence heading in to final 5 games and we can have a good week to prepare for the St. Mirren game. Winning the league from this position is absolutely not impossible. But with these mentality midgets masquerading as Rangers players it's highly improbable. I'd still have had them slight favourites going in to theses 5 games if we were 2 points in front needing to go to Parkhead. So needless to say, they are now massive favourites.

The confidence coming from a cup win and 2 league games before that would paint a different picture in all our heads, more importantly the players.

Perspective will change when we reach the final this weekend and then the confidence from it to do St Mirren.

We're still in for some fun here and plenty will happen that few expect, twists and turns that are unforeseen.
Hahaaaa a cup win.. LOL

You don't think beating Hearts builds confidence for the league games?

Fcukin hell.
Yeah, I do think that would build confidence for the league games. Agreed.

My problem is, I just can’t see us beating Hearts on Sunday at Hampden. Not on our current slump in form and absolute shit-the-beddery.

Yeah, I do think that would build confidence for the league games. Agreed.

My problem is, I just can’t see us beating Hearts on Sunday at Hampden. Not on our current slump in form and absolute shit-the-beddery.

So what's to laugh at then?

Your perception is different to mine and that's fine.

Current form is shit however our stats against Hearts are tremendous in recent years.

All things considered, we are beating them well in my minds eye.

I seriously doubt we'll win all our remaining games.

But just for argument's sake, if we can better Celtic's goal difference in the four remaining fixtures other than the Old Firm by four goals, then we'll win the title.

They are currently five goals better off than us. If we win at the Piggery even by a solitary goal, then that goal difference is cut to three.

So if they win one of their games 2-0 but we win 3-0, that cuts it to two. And so on.

Worst thing is if they go and pump someone 5-0. We'd have to match it to stay in contention.

We know we must win all remaining fixtures. In my view, goal difference won't come into it. If we lift this title then I think it's because Killie or Hearts will have taken points off them.
There is straw clutching and then there is the above

You say it yourself - the manager is more informed than us.

In which case, rightly or wrongly, he doesn't see Robbie Fraser as good enough to step in, or Yfeko, or any other young left back options. He's not scared of doing that.

I can absolutely see why people want Lundstram dropped - I don't think he will be, but it's always possible - but I don't think Sterling should be his replacement if we do. We need him next to a Lundstram rather than trying to play that deeper lying playmaker role. If Lundstram comes out of the team, for me it's Raskin, King or Rice who would come in, and again, the fact none of them are even getting off the bench suggests Clement isn't of the belief they can do the job right now.
Fair comment but I don’t think that Raskin is even in the managers plans at the moment.

Seems slightly harsh as he couldn’t be worse than the current midfield options.

The team has lost any attacking process it had.

We have no way of playing. The players look shot of any desire or real hunger to do anything about it. That spark that dragged us back into this title race has left us. We are a passionate lot, there is no doubt in my mind that injuries have taken their toll as part of the problem. Players overused and others only trying to get up to speed at the wrong time of the season.

What worries me more is a solid back 4 looks to have lost the ability to defend overnight. Our main midfielder who had bossed every game since the gaffer came in looks like he no longer wants to be there. Our CF who misses too many chances is still leading the line but we are struggling to create the same number of clear cut chances.

The Manager's opinions are built around seeing all these guys on the training pitch so therefore it is more informed opinion than what we have. He just however, review the games and see what is best for the team. How uncomfortable is Sterling at Left Back? Constantly having to try and check inside. He does however have the drive and energy we are badly lacking in the middle of the park which is where he should be. From the outside, if it were me, I would be promoting Robbie Fraser to play the next couple of games at LB and have Sterling replace Lundstram in midfield. Fraser is 21 years old, not 16. It's his natural position and we should be prioritising the spine of the team which for me means Sterling playing in there.

It's far from impossible to win our remaining 5 games but the team is showing nothing to give us any confidence that they will. Something has to change to change that.
The worrying thing is that after the debacle up in Dingwall Clement started with more or less the same team last night. Perhaps that was his attempt at psychology, to say, “I trust in you no matter what” in trying to initiate a response from them, but look what he got in return?

Even more worrying was that, publicly at least, he claimed to have been happy with their effort?!

That being so, does anyone seriously think there will be any radical shake-up?

Most of us seem to be of the impression that we looked at our best when Sterling was in the centre of midfield, yet Clement appears reluctant to use him there anymore.

I get that he’s been covering for injuries - firstly McAusland, then Yilmaz - but we’re being deprived of his strength and speed in the middle of the park which also helped protect our defence and it’s surely worth exploring that reinstating Sterling to that role could be the key?

Once upon a time managers did whatever was necessary to win a game of football, whether that was dropping underperforming stars for kids or converting defenders into strikers, or vice versa. Not so much nowadays where the managers central vision is key and players appear undroppable regardless of form as a result.

We still have a chance of winning this title, no matter how slim that might appear to be right now, but it’s going to need some bravery from the manager as well as the players.

Over to you, Phil.

Nor does it take into consideration the fact that they may drop points to Killie (again) or Hearts (again). Remember losing to them at Ibrox to go 5 points behind with 4 games to go in 2005? Everyone thought that was it. League over. They immediately lost their next game against Hibs, then again to Motherwell and the legend of Helicopter Sunday was born. Do I think we'll win this league from here? Highly unlikely. But we're not in as bad a position as we were in 2005, so all I'm saying is it isn't over til it's over.
It’s over mate. We have nowhere near the same player level or mindset and attitude of the 2005 team. This lot just don’t have it in them. Even though you are completely correct, the position we are in is not as bad as then.

Our Manager:

It’s a five goal so win the 5 games obviously whatever you scored v the scum you double it so 2 goals no it’s seems far off but the GD 1 even 1-0 and it’s 3 goals not writing off think we know if they have the stomach come Sunday SCSF result

The telling thing for me the last couple of weeks.

We convince ourselves that we are playing sh!te teams that go with an 11 man defence determined to spoil that game and get a 0-0.

The last two games Ross County and Dundee have went toe to toe with us and we can’t beat them. Our crazy money players can’t beat English Div 2 teams.

Can see this title being decided by goal difference. Makes our 2 home games not only must win but must win high scoring.
Left ourselves zero margin for error but until its impossible i still have hope.

You’ve got me now by saying Helicopter Sunday. Amazing moment.

Bring it on!

Back