This magnificent season, we’ve had amazing consistency from the majority of the players, is the system we play the reason?

Boabmeister

Both goalies , all the defenders , all the midfielders , even with a certain degree of rotation with Balogun & Helander & with the midfield .

only upfront are there regular questions asked regarding Alfredo , Kent , Hagi , Aribo . Joe Aribo actually started the season on fire as did Kent . All the forwards numbers will be pretty decent . Roofe started a bit slow , but has shown after a run in the team his quality , his season has been injury disrupted & he always takes a game or two to get sharp , while frustrating it’ll probably be worth it to Rangers .

If the system is the reason for this consistency , then we can look forward to seeing more of the same . The secret ingredient for this Rangers team is hard work , hard work, hard work , repetition & humility .

Many, many reasons, but to me the most important to me is that we have added quality to the squad, and each and every one of them can come in and play the system to a high quality. We can now bring on the likes of Itten, Roofe or Wright compared to Jones or Barker, for me the only one we really miss is Alfredo, we’re not the same team without him.

Our consistency has been incredible it’s down to a whole new level of professionalism. Manager and coaching team who have a style of play and plan in place for each opponent we face players who carry out the plan to perfection most of the time massive improvement in squad quality

If it was as easy as “ just the system “ everyone would be doing it . You need the players to fit , the right attitude and discipline. Look at Kent when he loses the ball for example - he’s back like a shot covering up the space in front of our fullback or winning the ball back . We don’t give opponents a moments peace

Practice. The more they play together, the better the system works. This is 3 years of practice by the bulk of the squad, and additions are bedded in to it over half a season.
Roy Hodgson has a philosophy of repeating the same drills, so that it is muscle memory, leaving the player time to think whilst in possession. Sadly it takes a long time to get it in the UK, but on the continent where they are technically better at a younger age, it is easier/quicker to implement, hence why he has had his successes abroad.
It also has a touch of Rafa’s Valencia, well drilled and solid with a quick dangerous attack.
To me, it’s a Rafa team with a Klopp press in a 4-3-3.

If it was as easy as “ just the system “ everyone would be doing it . You need the players to fit , the right attitude and discipline. Look at Kent when he loses the ball for example - he’s back like a shot covering up the space in front of our fullback or winning the ball back . We don’t give opponents a moments peace
In my original post I alluded to our forward players getting the most scrutiny , so if the collective are correct , there is more to come from this area .
Undoubtedly the better players you have , the better you should be playing , but we don’t need to look too far ( in our shared city ) for a decent group of players , that have appeared , almost clueless at times , I mean European football is a total mystery to them .

Many, many reasons, but to me the most important to me is that we have added quality to the squad, and each and every one of them can come in and play the system to a high quality. We can now bring on the likes of Itten, Roofe or Wright compared to Jones or Barker, for me the only one we really miss is Alfredo, we’re not the same team without him.
I think we’ll adapt without Alfredo mate , we maybe have to after the summer . What I don’t see happening , is us playing to suit him , once he’s no longer there .

The fact the players are also coached to a very very high standard and the management team leave no stone unturned in their preparation gives the players a platform to go and perform. Obviously the recruitment team and the manager have stuck to their principle of signing players who they feel tick most if the boxes needed for a player to be able to come here and fit in.

I wonder if Gerrard was to stay at the club for say another 3 or 4 full seasons just how good a team he could put on the park. I think it would then be in Europe his teams would be judged as I believe he would easily have a grip on Scottish Football.

I just hope we can hold onto him for as long as possible as he is going to be one hard act to follow.

This, I think. Im not sure our strongest 11 is significantly better than our strongest 11 last season. However, the squad is much improved this season.

The fact the players are also coached to a very very high standard and the management team leave no stone unturned in their preparation gives the players a platform to go and perform. Obviously the recruitment team and the manager have stuck to their principle of signing players who they feel tick most if the boxes needed for a player to be able to come here and fit in.

I wonder if Gerrard was to stay at the club for say another 3 or 4 full seasons just how good a team he could put on the park. I think it would then be in Europe his teams would be judged as I believe he would easily have a grip on Scottish Football.

I just hope we can hold onto him for as long as possible as he is going to be one hard act to follow.
A cracking post mate , you’ve said more eloquently than I managed , roughly what I was trying to say . This Rangers project & team has only shown us glimpses of what is possible for them .

Consistency requires a clear, simple message from the coaches, to a group of players committed to what they are doing, who train hard and practice what they are being asked to do and a manager committed to his squad. A key element is recruiting a squad capable of doing all that.

We have the complete package.

It’s a combination of many factors, undoubtedly the system we play and the way it’s been built over the years Gerrard and the coaching team have been here is a major part and provides the base that the rest comes from.
Our scouting and recruitment has been spot on, having a system that we trusted that could be adapted for home and Europe would have helped with identifying suitable players.
Then you have the maturing of players like Jack, Tav, Goodson and Borna who despite not having won much if anything in their carreers looking like born champions this year.
It’s not as easy as saying everyone would do it if it was just the system, it takes time to build what we have now, it takes a strong board to back and stand by a manager to allow the time to build what we have especially when so much was at stake.

I think we’ll adapt without Alfredo mate , we maybe have to after the summer . What I don’t see happening , is us playing to suit him , once he’s no longer there .
As an individual player, he is going to be very difficult to replace, it worries me slightly, that IF we had sold him in the summer, was Itten his replacement? If so it’s not good enough.

Consistency requires a clear, simple message from the coaches, to a group of players committed to what they are doing, who train hard and practice what they are being asked to do and a manager committed to his squad. A key element is recruiting a squad capable of doing all that.

We have the complete package.
While I agree with most of what you say mate , I think in the forward area , we have gears to go up , & I’m not meaning sign new forwards , these guys Kent , Alfredo , Hagi , Roofe , Aribo , Itten , Wright , hopefully even Kai Kennedy will improve their consistency .

How good does that list of forwards look ?

Ps Jermaine Defoe’s mere presence will have helped everyone of them too , a well done from him would have the birds singing .

There will be loads of reasons but the attitude of the players has been first class. The work rate from the likes of Kent and Hagi who you would consider our match winners is unbelievable.

A couple of replies have mentioned a key factor I never .

Time , it’s taken time , in the main part we as a support have been patient , not our most renowned quality. So give yourself, ourselves a wee pat on the back too.

As an individual player, he is going to be very difficult to replace, it worries me slightly, that IF we had sold him in the summer, was Itten his replacement? If so it’s not good enough.
He might be virtually impossible to replace mate , but whoever replaces him will probably have strengths that Alfredo simply doesn’t have yet , for example a better temperament.

We didn’t have Morelos in our worst 2 performances this season. We are going to need to alter our style and approach significantly if we are to sell him. That is unless we can find someone with similar attributes to replace him.

He is the focal point and spearhead in everything we do. Our form is so much better this season because he is now much more of a capable all round player to fit the system.

You see us use Itten against St Mirren and Hamilton, and the ball doesn’t stick. His touch and movement is different. Morelos will be a huge huge loss in more ways than the obvious.

We didn’t have Morelos in our worst 2 performances this season. We are going to need to alter our style and approach significantly if we are to sell him. That is unless we can find someone with similar attributes to replace him.

He is the focal point and spearhead in everything we do. Our form is so much better this season because he is now much more of a capable all round player to fit the system.

You see us use Itten against St Mirren and Hamilton, and the ball doesn’t stick. His touch and movement is different. Morelos will be a huge huge loss in more ways than the obvious.
In a perfect world , he’ll stay a bit longer & have a listen to the champions league music hopefully .

I think we might have promised him he can leave once a certain size of bid is made .

He’s a family man now , who knows .

A couple of replies have mentioned a key factor I never .

Time , it’s taken time , in the main part we as a support have been patient , not our most renowned quality. So give yourself, ourselves a wee pat on the back too.
Ironic that you mention "Fans Patience", when I remember a year ago, the Cup defeat at Tynecastle followed by a midweek defeat at Ibrox, to Hamilton. Those 2 results were "Testers", 1 year ago, but oh how things have changed.

Ironic that you mention "Fans Patience", when I remember a year ago, the Cup defeat at Tynecastle followed by a midweek defeat at Ibrox, to Hamilton. Those 2 results were "Testers", 1 year ago, but oh how things have changed.
For what it’s worth I agree mate , it had reached the last chance saloon point , but that’s ancient history now .

I never heard a call for change . Not with any backing that is.

Huge factors:
1 No fans. We're best, biggest, and most passionately supported team in Scotland, maybe UK. But we have lots of guys who see it as a wee day trip...had seat for years, arrive at 2.59 etc. They're quick to moan and often don't sing. Players are clearly not missing the groans and harrumphs.
2 Psychology. You don't stop individual errors through training. You do it by working with the individual. We have obviously been doing great work here when you consider confidence levels, lack of errors etc.

Back