This Saturday - honest feelings

Albertz78

Absolutely hate feeling this way but can’t help feeling the gaffer is going to spring no surprises on Sat.

Messers lundstrum and Lawrence (if fit) will likely find their way into the line up and we will once again concede early to a stupid preventable goal. Most likely a tap in for Kyogo.

Gaffer will be on thin ice but his defenders will all say that it’s not his players.

I really hope he has a surprise up his sleeve, in terms of gameplan and approach to hit them hard and early.

Something needs to change, we can’t possibly hope to go into this game with the same setup that has seen us take 1 point out of a possible 9 under clement against THEM.

If we turn up determined enough we can win it but unfortunately we've been let down by the players all to often. The stadium will be half and half with fans this time so the support will be immense as always. Everything is pointing to a victory for them but if Clement can get one last tune out of this squad a cup double will be a good foundation to build on for the summer however if he can't and we suffer another loss to them I think the manager will come under serious pressure as we need to end their dominance as soon as possible.

In my bowling club yesterday full of bravado saying “due a wee rub of the green and will hump you” seriously they were practically frothing at the mouth, in reality my darkest fears coming to the forefront.

A neutral venue with an even split of fans will hopefully make for a good game (i.e. we win)

Is this Clements 4th game against them - surely he has seen the way they will play against us in that we never press their defence and we allow McGregor and O'Riley too much space.

If you don't win the midfield you won't win the game but we also have to stop Maeda from tormenting Tavernier.

We need to score first to build some momentum but we are rarely clinical enough to do this quickly.

A neutral venue with an even split of fans will hopefully make for a good game (i.e. we win)

Is this Clements 4th game against them - surely he has seen the way they will play against us in that we never press their defence and we allow McGregor and O'Riley too much space.

If you don't win the midfield you won't win the game but we also have to stop Maeda from tormenting Tavernier.

We need to score first to build some momentum but we are rarely clinical enough to do this quickly.
Its more how we play against them that is the problem and the issue isn't just tactically, it is the mentality.

Tav should be dropped and Sterling should be in at right back, at the very least it will give their manager something else to think about as it's obvious that will be the area they target and why wouldn't they?

Even if Clement has valid tactical reasons to believe the same team / formation as last time is our best bet, I hope he realises that that trying something different and losing is a different place than doing the same thing again (and losing).

The fans will, I think, easily forgive the former and we all go into next season anticipating a rebuild, but watching Lundstram / Tav etc get carved up again is harder to stomach and means starting next season with some doubt hanging over the manager, fair or not.

We just can’t keep the door shut against them.

Maeda will be on Tav like a rash and we will need to stop allowing good players time to shoot ffs

It wa happening time after time

Hopefully have Ridvan at left back and we go down that side more.

The balance of the team has been miles off.

If we start with Lawrence the game will be over by half time. Slows everything down and they’ll just zip it up and exploit the usual insecurities and frailties. I fear the worst because it’s a movie we have already seen play out time and time again this season.

The lack of a solid 9, creative mid and strong centre back will expose us time and time again.

Just hope he picks the players that actually want to be there and not lundstrum and barasic.

Should we be passive against them, we will get hammered and it will be a nail in the coffin for this whole squad, potentially the manager as well depending on how bad it gets.

We need to get a result, it’s imperative that we do or else our 151 years of trophy dominance will be at an end. I think this needs to be drummed into these players, because we will never ever hear the end of it.

Its more how we play against them that is the problem and the issue isn't just tactically, it is the mentality.

Tav should be dropped and Sterling should be in at right back, at the very least it will give their manager something else to think about as it's obvious that will be the area they target and why wouldn't they?
Agreed but it's not gonna happen.

Through current form and weak mentality we probably don't have any player who has done it against them regularly and as a result they won't concern themselves about who we play.

We just can’t keep the door shut against them.

Maeda will be on Tav like a rash and we will need to stop allowing good players time to shoot ffs

It wa happening time after time

Then have someone block the prick immediately. Happens all the time from kick off.

Would feel a lot happier if Goldson was fit.

They've hit form at the right time we're struggling with a make shift team and a squad that's done physically and probably mentally.

If Sima is fit then start him on the right Silva on the left and feck knows about who plays in midfield. If we want to control possession then Sterling can't go in there suspect if Souttar isn't fit Sterling will play centre back anyway. Lundstram will sadly walk back in so probably him Diomande and Cantwell.

Hopefully keep 11 men on the park and not gift them their usual goal but unless we work as a unit it will be the same result again.

Honestly fear the worst. Were decimated with injuries. Probably line up with same formation as last time, massive gaps all over the pitch, out run and out gunned. I really really hope Clement has learned and trys something to combat them as that will give me hope for next season.

For some bizarre reason and I don’t know why I fancy us.
That's the right answer for me. Can't give a logical reason apart from it's about time our team shone and they didn't. Rangers are capable of great results and howlers but for heaven's sake make it a great one this time.

Gut feeling is we will get beat too many injuries and players badly out of form and we don't know if Clement will pack the midfield which is what we need to do here to stand a chance.

Defensive we are poor.

We lack mobility in midfield.

Our wide options bar Sima are shocking.

And you the have the most unreliable and unpredictable striker leading the line for us.

Struggling to see how we pull this one off.

The issue for us is two fold.

We keep conceding absolutely honking goals and when an opportunity presents itself to one of our forwards, they miss it.

For me, this issue of conceding crap goals versus them haunted Beale last season and in the first game at Ibrox.

Then Dessers failing to shoot in a 1v1 at Darkhead and then Silva free header at the back post where he turned his back.

We need to ensure the supply to Maeda is cut off at source. Our full backs play too centrally or narrow for me, particularly Tav. Maeda can doing nothing without the ball (even with the ball he can be poor), but when he does have it, Tav needs to be much closer to him when the ball gets to Maeda. Don’t let any of them have acres of room and press them continually. Or just score one more than them.

Whether we have the players on Saturday to do any of that is another matter.

For me it’ll be one last rush of excitement and hope met with the brutal realisation that this team has one too many brain farts and lack of belief to over come them to be serious about winning.

Prove me wrong Rangers, please!

We showed at Ibrox we can get at them, 3 goals and a goal ruled out. But I’d say we need Sterling in midfield somewhere for more energy.
And even tho I think he’s poor I’d start Silva he definitely gave that mutant guy at right back problems in the last game.

Can't see anything apart from a defeat unfortunately, but cup finals can be a game for the underdogs. Just can't wait for the season too finish

I struggle to see anything other than a hiding for Rangers.

Dealing with Maeda is critical IMO.. but it has been for about 2yrs now and we always struggle to do so.
I hope to be proved entirely wrong and be celebrating a cup double by teatime on Saturday but struggling for grounds of it outside of utter optimism.

Back