This Saturday - honest feelings

Fabio Silva will start. He gave Johnston problems in the last two Old Firm matches, should have scored, won a penalty. I'd have him up top in place of Dessers.
I think if Sterling is fit, the manager will fit him in… it may well be on the right wing instead of McCausland, but that would seem harsh. I cannot see him not starting Dessers, I wouldn’t.

Considering this is the final game of the season, I would hope and expect that every player leaves everything on the pitch. However what I want and get are two very different things. Without any doubt we need to score first, if we concede first goal then this group of players don’t have the bottle or heart to fight back.

Its more how we play against them that is the problem and the issue isn't just tactically, it is the mentality.

Tav should be dropped and Sterling should be in at right back, at the very least it will give their manager something else to think about as it's obvious that will be the area they target and why wouldn't they?
Agree with that first paragraph 100%

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, wouldn't make that big a difference if we were right up for it, played the game on the front foot and actually got stuck in.

If we soil ourselves at the first sighting of them or gift them a goal in the first 5 minutes, maybe even a wee OG on the cusp of halftime, as we sadly seem likely to do, then the tactics or formation will end up counting for very little.

I think realistically Clement will just be trying to keep the game tight. He'd probably settle for a narrow defeat. Depressing thought but he'll be looking to next year and no doubt being able to never play some of this lot again.

I think realistically Clement will just be trying to keep the game tight. He'd probably settle for a narrow defeat. Depressing thought but he'll be looking to next year and no doubt being able to never play some of this lot again.
He shouldn't be here then. This isnt a first class Celtic team or even one that looks amazing next to ours like back in the 2016-2018 days.

The main difference is they have a belief they are going to win and go out and try to win the game. We wait for them to go a goal or two up and then try and get back into the game, our comfort zone basically.

But under no circumstances should our manager be accepting a narrow defeat in a cup final or any game against them. Its the narrow defeats against them this season and last (barring the first one under Gio) that has cost us two league titles. We have no reason to fear them and the sooner the players get that out of their heads the better.

They have mauled us twice in about six years and as unacceptable as both of the games were they were quite some time ago in footballing terms. Just find some balls please Rangers, be positive and get after them for a change.

There isn't an excuse for playing Lundstram or Lawrence. That would be the definition of insanity.

As would setting up with a midfield 2 for the 4th game running.
Will struggle to watch it if he goes with them, but have a real fear/expectation that Lundstrum will be in there. A major alarm bell over the manager for me if he does.

Hope all the bears going to the game have a brilliant day out - a result would be absolutely magnificent given the state of the team over the last month or so.

Not at all. He's trying to juggle about with average players.
Prior to this game though, he has used the wrong average players in the wrong positions and his tactics have been a mile out other than second half at Ibrox.

Unfortunately I can see Clement sticking to his usual shape, format and system, which has failed time and time again.

He doesn't seem to learn.

Last chance this season for him to make some amends.

He and the team owe us one !!

If Lundstram and/or Lawrence are in the starting line up then that's more red flags for Clement.

Not the case - the guy needs a summer to move out the players in decline and bring in some dynamism
If he sticks with the same formation and makes the same mistakes then it prob its at last chance saloon

If he makes us difficult to beat changes it and stops them walking through us then people might accept that especially with players at our disposal

If he doesn't change it and we lose with the same mistakes then it's a sign he is not managing what he has in front of very well.

I want him to do well but tactics wise we have been all over plave since winter break

They always start like an express train.

We can't afford to simply try to contain them - were not / haven't been good enough in midfield or central defense to go with that.

Our midfield needs to be robust and strong and play with an energy that's been sadly lacking recently.

Our attacking player need to close them down at the back and take the opportunities when we create them.

There you are - sorted.

He shouldn't be here then. This isnt a first class Celtic team or even one that looks amazing next to ours like back in the 2016-2018 days.

The main difference is they have a belief they are going to win and go out and try to win the game. We wait for them to go a goal or two up and then try and get back into the game, our comfort zone basically.

But under no circumstances should our manager be accepting a narrow defeat in a cup final or any game against them. Its the narrow defeats against them this season and last (barring the first one under Gio) that has cost us two league titles. We have no reason to fear them and the sooner the players get that out of their heads the better.

They have mauled us twice in about six years and as unacceptable as both of the games were they were quite some time ago in footballing terms. Just find some balls please Rangers, be positive and get after them for a

They have mauled us twice in about six years and as unacceptable as both of the games were they were quite some time ago in footballing terms. Just find some balls please Rangers, be positive and get after them for a change.
Well yeah, hel'l be very aware the games have been tight for 2 seasons (level or 1 goal in them), if he takes a sore one here he will be half finished in the fans eyes before his rebuild has begun. Losing heavy is a disaster for him and made a bit more likely by the circumstances leading into the game, losing the league, form off a cliff and half the team for the exit. Don't envy him at all.

If the gaffer can find a way of getting legs and energy into the midfield ( Dio Raskin Sterling ) for me and learn lessons from his first 3 games, we can beat the fcukers.

If we stick with the players attitude and tactics of the last 6 weeks we have no chance

Celtic aren't that great and it is a one-off game.

Depends on what the players can muster within themselves and hopefully the manager has figured-out (at the 4th attempt) that conceding the midfield to them won't end well for us.

When you play your rivals and 4 out of the 5 times the referee supports them, you're going to struggle and getting rid of the manager,coaches, players or the board isn't going to help.

You can be absolutely sure this doesn't happen in any other derby, it's just corruption and it's sickening.

On the basis that things even themselves out we should get at least 4 VAR decisions in our favour.

The other balancer is that Cyriel will score a hat trick.

The reality is that Lundstram will come in Sterling will be on the right and Dessers will start.

Before and after it will be the injuries that will get the most focus first as an explanation of the team and then as an excuse for the team.

The beginning of the end for Clement if we lose again.
Clement has done very well given he’s had one January transfer window to work with.
He needs a minimum of 2 more transfer windows and he needs funds to operate within it.
When he walked into Ibrox he was faced with Beale’s problems he’s done very well so far.
The cup final is using Beale’s team again don’t blame Clement for that

Last edited:
If the gaffer can find a way of getting legs and energy into the midfield ( Dio Raskin Sterling ) for me and learn lessons from his first 3 games, we can beat the fcukers.

If we stick with the players attitude and tactics of the last 6 weeks we have no chance
Pretty much this for me as well. The midfield has to be switched on and willing to run themselves into the ground for at least the first 60 minutes. Fitness concerns just need to be forgotten about.

Also hoping Sima gets a good week's training under his belt and can come on for the latter stages - if we're still in it that is.

Intensity from the scum will win them the match. We cant match them for movememnnt off the ball or closing them down. Cantwell needs to start. many dont fancy him but he will run at them in midfield while the others stand and watch. Our defence will be caught square as they run between them. We wiii end up with ten men.
However late goals from Dessers and two from Sima plus a Tav penalty and we win the cup.
Its up to PC to pick the right team and against the odds who knows.

Surely he has to put Sterling at right back to match Maeda and move Tav up to right midfield.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and then expecting a different result. If he leaves Tav to deal with Maeda my opinion of the manager will be going down a few levels.

Nick Walsh, assisted by linesmen Calum Spence and David Roome with Steven McLean on VAR will conspire to make sure Celtic win. How many times will we be cheated out of goals?

Having said more likely they won’t need to swing into action because we will be our own downfall as per the previous limp wristed attempts at beating them.

No problem pal.

Raskin's been garbage, Dio's been mediocre and Stirling's not fit.
What other three would you play.
Granted Raskin not been himself but hardly had any game time and when he came against them in last game at least he worked his socks off and put bug eyes on his backside.
Diomande needs to play
Sterling is a machine he will recover.

The line up and shape of the team is absolutely key. We will all know by 2pm if we have a chance or not. If the Manager hasn't learned from the last 3 games against them, then we are in serious trouble.
Agreed. When I seen the line up in the last two games against them I knew straight away it was wrong. He has to learn his lesson, has to.

A very poor team, who are low on confidence, out of form, with a weak mentality and seemingly convinced themselves that they can't get the better of celtic. And of course, with a deplorable record against that opponent.

My honest feelings are the same as they were before our last surrender to them.

They always start like an express train.

We can't afford to simply try to contain them - were not / haven't been good enough in midfield or central defense to go with that.

Our midfield needs to be robust and strong and play with an energy that's been sadly lacking recently.

Our attacking player need to close them down at the back and take the opportunities when we create them.

There you are - sorted.
The best way to stop them doing that is attack them straight away and put them on the back foot.

Has to be Sterling to nullify the threat of McGregor dictating the game. There isn’t anyone else to do it.
Agree. Playing Sterling on a wing against them is mental. He can’t cross a ball and their full backs are the least threatening part of their team.

We need to stop their midfield playing through us. Sterling is our only player that is good at stopping others playing. He has to start in the middle. Assuming there isn’t a crisis at Centre Back in which case it’s probably damage limitation anyway.

He certainly needs to go with something different as 2 v 3 in midfield doesn’t work and if he sticks with Lundstram and Diomonde we will lose.

I have a feeling he will and we all will be in for a very long afternoon.

Absolutely hate feeling this way but can’t help feeling the gaffer is going to spring no surprises on Sat.

Messers lundstrum and Lawrence (if fit) will likely find their way into the line up and we will once again concede early to a stupid preventable goal. Most likely a tap in for Kyogo.

Gaffer will be on thin ice but his defenders will all say that it’s not his players.

I really hope he has a surprise up his sleeve, in terms of gameplan and approach to hit them hard and early.

Something needs to change, we can’t possibly hope to go into this game with the same setup that has seen us take 1 point out of a possible 9 under clement against THEM.
Dreading to be honest.Might be an embarrassment.

Back