This Saturday - honest feelings

Unfortunately they have a little more quality when it matters - that's been the difference. We'll get a chance at 0-0, for example, the question is can we take it unlike previously.

I'm hopeful rather the expectant. 2-1 to us.

Score first we will win, they score first it will be as many as they want it to be, massive pressure on clement to get his team selection spot on with the players available.

3 old firms on the bounce and hour before kick off when team was out most could see it was going to be a struggle

Honestly...
I'm expecting nothing, Clement has been getting a pass from a lot of our supporters but he simply keeps selecting the wrong players in the wrong positions every single game against them.
He's leaned zero about how to set up against them tactically and for me that's a very big concern, if he's half the manager we hyped him up to be he'd have rectified the same issues we see every single game against them with whatever personnel he has at his disposal.
We set up to stand off them and allow them to knock the ball about with players finding space all over the park, McGregor is allowing to stroll about that middle of the park controlling the game every time and if Clement thinks it's a great idea to have Sterling playing every position on the park bar the one Stevie wonder could see he should be in then I don't know what game he sees

Literally not one person has compared them to Barcelona or anything close to being that ridiculous.
Your own post sums up people's fears. The evidence of recent OF matches is all you need to understand why confidence is so low.
I literally did not say anyone was. I used hyperbole to highlight the ridiculousness of some of the comments writing us off.

I’m always full of bravado and confidence. But, I’m afraid on this occasion this has deserted me. I’m pretty downcast about our chances. I’m not remotely confidence and frankly rather this season finishes. There is nothing I’ve seen from this team to suggest otherwise and given we’re down to the barest of bones makes it all the worse.

I hope we give them an absolute doing however.

Sadly we all know the answer to this question but there will be calls for Clement to be sacked after he can’t turn a team of serial losers into cup winners.

Fans: this team is full of absolute losers who let down manager after manager.

Also the fans: Clement needs to be sacked for not taking this group of absolute losers (who would find a was to lose if we were 6 clear with 2 games to go) to title upon title.

Absolutely hate feeling this way but can’t help feeling the gaffer is going to spring no surprises on Sat.

Messers lundstrum and Lawrence (if fit) will likely find their way into the line up and we will once again concede early to a stupid preventable goal. Most likely a tap in for Kyogo.

Gaffer will be on thin ice but his defenders will all say that it’s not his players.

I really hope he has a surprise up his sleeve, in terms of gameplan and approach to hit them hard and early.

Something needs to change, we can’t possibly hope to go into this game with the same setup that has seen us take 1 point out of a possible 9 under clement against THEM.
The players need to turn up with the right attitude and cut out the ridiculous individual errors which have gifted them at least one goal in pretty much every game over the past 3 seasons. They need to man up and lose the inferiority complex. Without that, you can juggle the personnel and systems any way you like, but nothing will change. I'm sure that on top of the out of contracts, quite a few players will have been told they're not part of the manager's plans for next season, so Saturday could come down to whether the departing players want to go out on a high, or just couldn't care less.

Absolutely hate feeling this way but can’t help feeling the gaffer is going to spring no surprises on Sat.

Messers lundstrum and Lawrence (if fit) will likely find their way into the line up and we will once again concede early to a stupid preventable goal. Most likely a tap in for Kyogo.

Gaffer will be on thin ice but his defenders will all say that it’s not his players.

I really hope he has a surprise up his sleeve, in terms of gameplan and approach to hit them hard and early.

Something needs to change, we can’t possibly hope to go into this game with the same setup that has seen us take 1 point out of a possible 9 under clement against THEM.
If we can get some minutes out of Balogun, Sterling and Sima it will make a big difference,

We can't start the match with King in the defence though

I'll feel a bit better about it if we have Balogun and Souttar available, Sima up against either bug eyes or the turncoat and Sterling in the middle.

Maeda v Tav
McGregor v Whoever is picked against him
C.C.Vickers v Dessers

These Duels will decide the game.
I absolutely hate myself for saying this but it's 3 duels where we haven't got near to winning this season and unless Clement has a cunning plan and changes players mindset we'll struggle to win these duels.

Not the case - the guy needs a summer to move out the players in decline and bring in some dynamism
He needs more than just a summer window mate. I can’t see us getting all the players we desperately need in one go

Simple drop Tav we all know he can’t defend play Sterling at right back why do we handicap ourselves before a ball is kicked that lot knowTav and Barasic are hopeless against any pace

maybe surprise a few and put Sterling right back and Tav right midfield, that way when Maeda inevitably burns past Tav, we're not fcked.

Sterling, Raskin and Cantwell in the middle. If the gaffer brings back Lundstram for this game I will be f.ucking raging. FFS We need the first goal this time and cut out the shit at the back. Will be up for the game come Saturday morning. Just now just depressed and Scunnered. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It concerned me when I heard Clement's most recent interview. He seemed to be saying if we'd kept 11 men on the park, we'd have won at the piggery. I'm not sure I agreed with that. I'm not sure the players think they can win, which is a bigger issue.

I cannot wait to see the back of Lundstram. But given the two games he’s missed no one has staked their place for that position.
Which currently sums up the quality of this squad.
So get prepared to see Lundstram play one more game.

Anything is possible. From a scoreline point of view its been close since Clement came in, although the last match at the piggery could easily have been a lot fucking worse after you know who got sent off.

Part of me feels we can do it, but if I'm being honest with myself I think they'll come out and have us comfortably beaten.

We really are at the bottom of the barrel here. A victory would take something special, and this group doesn't have what it takes IMO.

It's possibly a free hit for the gaffer to have a gamble. If he goes with a brave team and loses I think most will forgive him and put it down to the players. If he goes with the same team and loses then he will cop most of the blame.

Butland

Tav
Souttar
Balogun
Davies
Yilmaz

Diomande
Sterling
Cantwell

Dessers
Sima

You at least have the chance of surprising them with something different and then wright and mcausland off the bench is some pace and energy

That's about the best we can hope for.

I think we have a fighting chance. If I’m honest, they have better players than us in key positions and importantly, they have depth. They have the luxury of being able to change a game with a sub. I despair a little when I read the thread and you see Clement getting abuse. It’s not that simple. There are zero combinations of midfield that we have that are better than Celtic’s. Up front? We have an entire front line injured. Defence? 3 CHs out and our left back has played half a game since February. We need to catch on quick - our issues are way, way deeper than ‘getting in their faces’ and ‘having the right mentality’. We are very short on quality. Have a look at the ‘your team for the final l’ thread. Everyone has a similar team and not one would start as favourites. But…keep believing.

I just don't trust this collection of players to turn around the previous two months of nonsense and win on Saturday. Celtic aren't world beaters but their attitude and application in these games are miles ahead of our lots. Far too many of them just don't have the mentality required when it matters.

TBH I expect a narrow defeat and for the manager to make a decision selection wise that will have the support talking about it the entire summer.

Whether that's Lundstram back in, Sterling at CB, going with 4-2-3-1 for the fourth time against them or the (unlikely) ultimate unthinkable in dropping Tav I don't know but I think there's going to be one shock call in the starting XI at the weekend.

He has to do something different. He has played against them 3 times and been down 2-0 in all of them at some point.
Play a 4231 regardless of who is in the starting 11 then he will be in for a long game.

It concerned me when I heard Clement's most recent interview. He seemed to be saying if we'd kept 11 men on the park, we'd have won at the piggery. I'm not sure I agreed with that. I'm not sure the players think they can win, which is a bigger issue.
Mate we were back in the game at 1-2 .that lot were rattled

Maeda v Tav
McGregor v Whoever is picked against him
C.C.Vickers v Dessers

These Duels will decide the game.

Dessers has won that duel, causing them problems in each of the games.

Sterling will likely play on the right if he’s not required at CB - 1. To assist Tav in his duel and 2. To come in at the back post where they are suspect to cross balls (see goal at Parkhead).

Midfield? I think we’ll see Lundstram back. I’d think about Dio + Raskin

This leaves Silva. If Sterling is at CB, I’d play McCausland.

It is psychological. Our players are just scared to play Celtc.

That mob will start at high tempo, force our defence into a howler and we'll concede. It happens too often just to be a coincidence.

Sadly we all know the answer to this question but there will be calls for Clement to be sacked after he can’t turn a team of serial losers into cup winners.

Fans: this team is full of absolute losers who let down manager after manager.

Also the fans: Clement needs to be sacked for not taking this group of absolute losers (who would find a was to lose if we were 6 clear with 2 games to go) to title upon title.
I applaud your defence of the Manager to an extent as he can’t be blamed for the incompetence of his squad, who have previous in this regard.

However if he doesn’t at least show signs he can get to grips with the rattlers tactically he is going to get valid criticism. If he goes with Lundstram and Diomonde as our midfield this will be disastrous.

Lose in this fashion and he makes a rod for his own back next season.

Last edited:
Drop the 10, go with 3 in midfield. If we do this, we can win the midfield battle and go on to win the game.

If we start with the failed 4231 we will lose. Surely the gaffer will change the system?

He has to go three in midfield. It's staring every one of us in the face like it was two weeks ago.

If he changes the system and we still get beat then we can tell ourselves the manager knew his system wasn't working and at least attempted to fix it. Won't hurt any less but it'll be a sign that he's seeing what we're seeing.

If we go 4-2-3-1, lose again and get cut open with the same ease as usual, I think there will be open revolt amongst the support.

I know it’s like watching Whittaker v Templeton but perhaps don’t allow him to go forward as often and actually hold the back 4 defensive line at least initially

This. It goes against his natural attacking instincts, but he shouldn’t be going past our winger on Saturday unless it really opens up. If he is in a solid starting position on most occasions then that will help defensively, as opposed to being caught out on the transition.

As for keeping an eye on McGregor, Cantwell has the energy and mobility to do it, but whether he the discipline and ability to self sacrifice his own game to do it, I have my doubts.

Rather than go man for man on the press previously, we have been leaving Scales free to wander up, with the intention of attacking the space when turned over. However, it has not panned out successfully. A change of plan is required, whether that be actually going man for man and pushing a midfielder further forward when they are coming out of defence, or congesting the midfield so they can’t play through when they get over the halfway line.

The gaffer is not on thin ice. Just absolute nonesense. Who knows who will be injured and the squad is already fragile and heartless.
We will get a doing on Saturday simply because they have a core of better players.

He has to go three in midfield. It's staring every one of us in the face like it was two weeks ago.

If he changes the system and we still get beat then we can tell ourselves the manager knew his system wasn't working and at least attempted to fix it. Won't hurt any less but it'll be a sign that he's seeing what we're seeing.

If we go 4-2-3-1, lose again and get cut open with the same ease as usual, I think there will be open revolt amongst the support.
Agree with every word. It will be extremely concerning if he doesn’t change it.

I was shocked he went with his preferred formation at Ibrox never mind the piggery. If he refuses to change it and starts Lundstram on Saturday, the support will be beaten before a ball is kicked.

Reactions: SDF
Could be a doing, but I suppose the only silver lining you can take from that will be that it might be the straw that breaks the camels back with Clement regarding some of the old guard.

Back