This Saturday - honest feelings

This. It goes against his natural attacking instincts, but he shouldn’t be going past our winger on Saturday unless it really opens up. If he is in a solid starting position on most occasions then that will help defensively, as opposed to being caught out on the transition.

As for keeping an eye on McGregor, Cantwell has the energy and mobility to do it, but whether he the discipline and ability to self sacrifice his own game to do it, I have my doubts.

Rather than go man for man on the press previously, we have been leaving Scales free to wander up, with the intention of attacking the space when turned over. However, it has not panned out successfully. A change of plan is required, whether that be actually going man for man and pushing a midfielder further forward when they are coming out of defence, or congesting the midfield so they can’t play through when they get over the halfway line.
I don’t think this is a game for Cantwell as his discipline can’t be trusted. The bug eyed dyke jumper would wind him up from the start and anyway he has not got near this wee Cnut anytime he has been up against them.

It’s a game for being solid in midfield which means ditching the 10 position as to give us a more solid and functional 3 in the middle.

Cantwell can play a hopefully successful cameo in the second half.

Could be a doing, but I suppose the only silver lining you can take from that will be that it might be the straw that breaks the camels back with Clement regarding some of the old guard.
it all comes down to our formation and line up mate. A strong midfield and we can definitely beat them. The gaffer needs to be flexible here, we can not set up the way we have the last 2 games. Win the battle in midfield and we will lift the cup.

Regardless of the result, I have faith the old guard will be punted. The gaffer needs to be ruthless or it will cost him his job.

I think if Sterling is fit, the manager will fit him in… it may well be on the right wing instead of McCausland, but that would seem harsh. I cannot see him not starting Dessers, I wouldn’t.
A midfield four of Sima on the left, Diomande and lundstrum in the middle with sterling on the right. McAusland floating about picking up space and the Dessers up front missing sitter after sitter.
Hopefully yilmaz at left back and Souttar and Davies at CB.
Tav starts coz that's what Tav does.
They'll simply bully us in midfield as usual though and no one will react.

Agree with every word. It will be extremely concerning if he doesn’t change it.

I was shocked he went with his preferred formation at Ibrox never mind the piggery. If he refuses to change it and starts Lundstram on Saturday, the support will be beaten before a ball is kicked.

TBF to him, I think he will change it. Injuries will dictate who plays where but I think he will go three in midfield.

Ideally it's Sterling, Dio and Raskin. Sterling will probably be needed elsewhere which means Lundstram probably comes back in.

I just can't see a manager of Clement's ability going 4-2-3-1 for a fourth time and expecting a different outcome.

He's made mistakes the past two months but he's not a stupid man.

TBF to him, I think he will change it. Injuries will dictate who plays where but I think he will go three in midfield.

Ideally it's Sterling, Dio and Raskin. Sterling will probably be needed elsewhere which means Lundstram probably comes back in.

I just can't see a manager of Clement's ability going 4-2-3-1 for a fourth time and expecting a different outcome.

Clement has an Engineering Degree which means he is a realist and practicable thinker.

He can’t go with Lundstram as every past time he has has ended in abject failure.

He has to try something different and put the rattlers out of their stride /comfort zone.

I have faith we will rise to the occasion and pull off the victory.

Although they’ve shown they have a better side, it isn’t by much, and I feel we are due a win. Hopefully the gaffer will reiterate to our players they are playing for their futures at Ibrox

WATP!

I have faith we will rise to the occasion and pull off the victory.

Although they e shown they have a better side it isn’t by much and I feel we are due one. Hopefully the gaffer will reiterate they are playing for their futures at Ibrox

WATP!
I hope he’s blind siding them as most of them don’t have a future with us.

Just do it Rangers.

It's on at midnight here. I've got covid and feel like shite. I know this is probably not very staucnh, but I might just not bother with it.

Watching the same players, shit the same bed again, it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Depends on how we set up, its been shown in every game against them this season that we aren’t good enough to let them have the ball and try contain them, they have been in front at ht in every game this season, attacking them and committing people up the park has shown better results than trying to contain them. There could be an argument that there sitting back protecting a lead which allows us to push further up, although i think they are currently a better side than us at the moment, i dont believe there that good that they should be able to pin us back for the majority of the game either.

You could write their team, maybe bar right wing, now and be spot on.
It won’t change.

We need to be more combative and that means Clement making some big calls, three in middle and one of them being Sterling has to happen.
We can’t let them dictate the play again.

Backline is a massive worry, but don’t think much can be done within his control at moment.

Not in the slightest confident. Dreading a shagging.

This is for me, we simply cant invite Celtic on top of us playing 2 number 6's. We need to be a 4-1-3-1-1. We need to make McGregor accountable and have a 10 "cheat" in the hole. It will either hold McGregor or pull Carter-Vickers/Scales out of position.

I don't have my pro badge yet but its the only way to disrupt their rhythm. We would probably have to wear a storm for the first 10 and counter really quickly, if we're successful then Celtic will sit deeper. Almost every side in Europe has adopted this formation against them.

Absolutely hate feeling this way but can’t help feeling the gaffer is going to spring no surprises on Sat.

Messers lundstrum and Lawrence (if fit) will likely find their way into the line up and we will once again concede early to a stupid preventable goal. Most likely a tap in for Kyogo.

Gaffer will be on thin ice but his defenders will all say that it’s not his players.

I really hope he has a surprise up his sleeve, in terms of gameplan and approach to hit them hard and early.

Something needs to change, we can’t possibly hope to go into this game with the same setup that has seen us take 1 point out of a possible 9 under clement against THEM.

If you are looking for a surprise it should be Sterling at RB to mark Maeda and push Tavernier further forward if he has to play.

We also need a solid 4 man midfield.

If we win it will be by a single goal. We certainly wont win easily.
If Celtic win it could be by 2 or 3.

The beginning of the end for Clement if we lose again.
Surely no one is that knee jerk though? If he can’t beat Celtic with someone else’s losers then he’s out and another manager comes in to repeat the process. Bonkers.

I think we’ll need a lot of luck. Our players will have to be at their best and some of theirs will need to have an off day, because I just don’t think our guys have the stones required for these games.

I applaud your defence of the Manager to an extent as he can’t be blamed for the incompetence of his squad, who have previous in this regard.

However if he doesn’t at least show signs he can get to grips with the rattlers tactically he is going to get valid criticism. If he goes with Lundstram and Diomonde as our midfield this will be disastrous.

Lose in this fashion and he makes a rod for his own back next season.
If we get a hammering then yes he is probably on his way out but the same could/should be said of any manager who loses badly to them.

I don’t think many wish to see the same players next season so if he has the balls to get rid of as many as possible I will give him time but if he keeps the same old tried and failed players the knives will be out.

maybe surprise a few and put Sterling right back and Tav right midfield, that way when Maeda inevitably burns past Tav, we're not fcked.
A few saying this, put Tav further up the park.

Tav must be the first player in footballing history who gets moved up the park as his legs go, usually players move down the park.

I think Sterling will be next to Tav, but at CH. Shame, as his energy and aggression would have been handy somewhere through the middle.

Really excited about this game. Disappointed at losing the League, but this game is a great opportunity not only to cap off this rather disappointing season more favourably, but provide some optimism going into next season. A tight game, but we'll win.
Honestly, fair play mate. Love that positivity.

Dessers has won that duel, causing them problems in each of the games.

Sterling will likely play on the right if he’s not required at CB - 1. To assist Tav in his duel and 2. To come in at the back post where they are suspect to cross balls (see goal at Parkhead).

Midfield? I think we’ll see Lundstram back. I’d think about Dio + Raskin

This leaves Silva. If Sterling is at CB, I’d play McCausland.
I understand why Clement stuck Sterling out on the right, but I reckon if he does it again, he will get roasted for it.

A midfield four of Sima on the left, Diomande and lundstrum in the middle with sterling on the right. McAusland floating about picking up space and the Dessers up front missing sitter after sitter.
Hopefully yilmaz at left back and Souttar and Davies at CB.
Tav starts coz that's what Tav does.
They'll simply bully us in midfield as usual though and no one will react.

That sounds great but I don't think Sima can last the game and Silva couldn't do that job instead.

Sima was excellent away to Prague playing left wing back. He's just a proper athlete.

I don't expect anything at all this team has let us down far too many times. I'll still watch it and suffer it though!

Honest feelings is we don’t have big time players - they will shit the bed (again) - manager has a free hit here however, if he changes the formation he can say, look we haven’t performed v them so we took a chance to change and it didn’t work - most of these players are not here next season so it’s irrelevant to the master plan

Clement deserves all the abuse he gets if he starts Lundstram. There really is no need to start him when Sterling is right there. Lundstram is the past and is leaving there's no point in bringing him back for this game.

Honestly. Fear at tge thought of 1 full back getting easily beat n slow a cross to come in n the other full back to lose his man n let a free shot from 5 yards out.

If you are looking for a surprise it should be Sterling at RB to mark Maeda and push Tavernier further forward if he has to play.

We also need a solid 4 man midfield.
I don't mind it, however, If the manager does do this, it pretty much confirms that Tavernier is done with us and isn't trusted anymore in his natural position.

I’m hoping that this will be another Jelevic cup final - that mob were only going to turn up to collect the trophy- we were written off by near enough everyone - but we didn’t follow the script

Problem with this thought process is we dont have a Jelavic or a Weiss or a Weir

If the manager mixes it up a bit and throws a curveball or 2 then we have a chance. They aren’t a good side and are there for the taking.

I think I’ll be more annoyed if we play the same way and lose 2-1 than if we try something different and lose 3-0. We know this squad is done but at least let’s try and get one last push out of them.

Given the level of injuries we have, and the number of players that are finished at this club, can’t see what surprises he can spring.
I will be happy if we don’t give them a 2 goal start, need to score first to stand any chance.

I mean, it really is just hope we’ve got.

There’s no rationale reason to believe and this Rangers side rarely surprise you in a good way.

More or less letting most of those that are available know, that their time is up with us, tells me that a rather large £££Bonus, will need to be on offer! Tools I think, have been downed!

Last edited:
They are at full strength. They have the bit between their teeth. They have all the momentum. They know they have the beating of us in these games.

We are an injury ravaged mess. We have been horrendous for nearly 3 months now. We have zero momentum or confidence. The bulk of our players are terrified of them. The bulk of our players have also checked out and are ready to move on.

It’s only going to end one way sadly.

Regardless how well or shite we play, we will still find a way to lose the game as it’s just what this group of players do against them.

We might be 2-0 down after 20 minutes. We might actually play well and keep it tight for over an hour, but will ultimately still make the same mistakes we always do against them and lose.

The beginning of the end for Clement if we lose again.

What a load of pish. Look at what he inherited. Look at the state of the squad in terms of injuries.

We are going into a Scottish Cup final where there's a high chance our starting centre backs will be Leon King & Ben Davies. Lucky if they have 10 starts between them.

Personally I'd play Sterling at CB beside Davies.

The thing is the mentality and it all stems from the Hibs cup final.If Clement wants to keep his job he needs to sweep the old gaurd out sooner than later..I dont thinkl we have a chance on Saturday we never win games when it counts.The core have cost managers their jobs.

Last edited:
Hoping for the best but fearing the worst. With this presumably being the last hurrah for a number of this squad I’m just hopeful they can raise their game and leave with a trophy.

I reckon we will likely see

Butland
Tav Balogun Davies Yilmaz
Lundstram Diomande
McCausland Cantwell Silva
Dessers

I'd be shocked if he changed from this set up as he's used it consistently and even when he should have changed it he hasn't.
Sima will probably start on the bench.

Back