This Year’s Top Sizes

Iandocgrk

Looking at the new match day top the orange one out today

are the sizes true to size or are people sizing up ?

thanks

From the posts on here it seems that the Large this season is the same as the Large last season. Anything above a Large seems to be tighter than last years equivalent. So if you were an XL last season you might need an XXL in this seasons. Conversely smaller sizes seem bigger than last seasons. So I’ve seen some posters who were a Medium last year needing a Small this season. Bizarre.

Best start point is the size Guide though.

Strange, I’ve had to size down this year.
Normally a large but needed a medium

5’7” and 13.5stone

Was usually an XL, bought a 2xl and was no better, waitin on the 3xl for over two weeks and no despatch

God sake that’s really strange then, are you allowed to try on stuff in store atall?

this is my main hate for not shopping online haha hate returning things

God sake that’s really strange then, are you allowed to try on stuff in store atall?

this is my main hate for not shopping online haha hate returning things
They say u arent allowed, but as long as u try it on quickly they dont bother

I got the 2-3 home kit last season for my girl, she’s currently 18 months. Still drowns her.

Got her this seasons top, got same size 2-3 and it’s a lot smaller. It’s a lot tighter around the collar, even getting it over her head is tricky.

only tried my one on quickly when I got it and it’s a lot shorter in length compared to last years

I was my normal 2xl size for the white training top but had to take my home top back to exchange for a 3xl, the sizes are all over the place

I’m normally a large and had to buy XL for this season/last seasons top

I think I’ll be buying an XXL of this years top because it fits like an XL boys rather than an adult top. Kits these days are tiny

From the posts on here it seems that the Large this season is the same as the Large last season. Anything above a Large seems to be tighter than last years equivalent. So if you were an XL last season you might need an XXL in this seasons. Conversely smaller sizes seem bigger than last seasons. So I’ve seen some posters who were a Medium last year needing a Small this season. Bizarre.

Best start point is the size Guide though.
The home top I had to get xxl I’m usually L/XL, god knows why they changed the sizing! It’s chines fake sizing tbh.

Only bought tw o 1/4 zips the blue one and blue/orange one.

Got them in XL were as last season I got L.
There is very little difference in them

I was my normal 2xl size for the white training top but had to take my home top back to exchange for a 3xl, the sizes are all over the place
The training range last season was bigger/looser than last seasons replica kits. The respective Size Guides last season reflected this, showing different dimensions. This seasons Size Guides differ and they show both as same dimensions. Whether the training range are again a looser fit I’ve no idea yet.

Strange, I’ve had to size down this year.
Normally a large but needed a medium

5’7” and 13.5stone
3177e083bde7eaff6e6fb6022ebb48d2.jpeg

The size guide we have for Castore is different from the one on the Newcastle site for their clobber, their corresponding sizes being 4 inches bigger.

Can you take an online order instore to change. Again, I need to exchange for a size up.

I was XL on all tops last season, I know about sizing up to XXL for the new Home top as been advised.

Does the same apply to the training range and matchday shirts, are they similar in size to last seasons or should I size up on them also?

Cheers in advance.

I have sized up for my new home top after reading a few post about the sizing just need it to be delivered now

Had to get Cuellar Jnr a small adult top…..he is 8 ffs. Not too much of a difference between that and the large junior

It's not just Castore in fairness. I bought the new Sweden and Germany away kits - both adidas, both size Large - and the Sweden shirt fit fine and the Germany top had to go back as it was too small, and I normally sit between medium and large.

Had to get Cuellar Jnr a small adult top…..he is 8 ffs. Not too much of a difference between that and the large junior

I had the 9IAR top as my first rangers Jersey when I was 9. My parents bought me a small adults and it didn't fit me until I was about 15

I bought last years match day top in white and it was skin tight compared to everything else I bought. I don't have the physique to pull that look off anymore.

I was a XL in last years and I’ve had to get a 3XL this year. Last years XL still fits me fine. Bonkers

I was a XL in last years and I’ve had to get a 3XL this year. Last years XL still fits me fine. Bonkers
I was a 2xl in last years shirt, got the 2xl this year and it fits fine, I’d say I’ve added a few more lockdown pounds since then aswell, complete lottery on sizes

I got an XL and felt the neck and sleeves were too tight, took it back and went with the 2XL and its alot better. Last season's XL still fits me perfectly though - weird

My mate sent me a picture of last seasons strip with this seasons on top. Both XXL. This seasons was a good few inches narrower and shorter

I compared this season’s kit with the last home shirt by Hummel and the retro Umbro one we won 54 in.

This year’s XXXXL is exactly the same length and width as XXL in the other two.

Id say size up one size as a minimum, possibly two.
Better still, try it on.

I don’t know what the poor guys who are normally a XXXXL or XXXXXL are going to do this year, I suspect they won’t be able to get one that’s big enough for them.

Depending on make, I’m an XL or XXL in everything, but had to get XXXXL in this season’s Castore strip.

I compared this season’s kit with the last home shirt by Hummel and the retro Umbro one we won 54 in.

Better still, try it on.

I don’t know what the poor guys who are normally a XXXXL or XXXXXL are going to do this year, I suspect they won’t be able to get one that’s big enough for them.

Depending on make, I’m an XL or XXL in everything, but had to get XXXXL in this season’s Castore strip.
See my post (42). I had to get a 5XL, when I used to get a Hummel 2 or 3XL..

Better still, try it on.

The size guide on the Newcastle site has their 5XL at 60/62. a full 8 inches bigger than Rangers corresponding size

Back