Throw-ins

Colinstein69

After recent shitshows I understand that there are more pressing matters to address, but our consistent surrendering of possession at this most routine of set plays does my nut in.

Could be symptomatic of the general malaise we've been in since the start of the season, but watch for it against Hearts if you haven't noticed already.

We've been dreadful at throw ins for as long as I can remember.

I always dread when we get a throw in near our own corner flag, it basically sets up the opposition with an attack.

I remember the mhanky mob actually starting a match a few years ago by actually doing this - kicking the ball straight out of the pitch in that area.

We clearly don't practice throw ins as other posters have said we continually give away possession from them.There are lots of different wee moves but we never try anything different.Even a simple quick throw never happens it's something we need to address.

Was the same under Gerrard. We have a throw in, we normally lose posession. Other team has a throw in, they've acres of space
Exactly this. Yea, it feels like it has been going on for a while but has became more apparent to me this season.

Don't think we've done anything creative from a throw in all season. We have 20/25 throw ins a game; they're the perfect opportunity to show a bit of innovation and creativity. As with so many other areas on the park, we seem to just go through the motions with them.

100 per cent agree, it does my napper in. I am sure H&H did a show about a throw in coach, both offensive and defensive - we need one!
Interesting. Something we need to look into.
Just read that, on average, there are 40-50 throw-ins per game. I'd wager good money that we lose possession in way more than 50%.

Liverpool have employed freelance throw in coach Thomas Gronnenmark for the past four seasons. Watch how they receive and charge forward next time they’re on tv.
Cheers for the heads up. Just watched a wee video on YouTube about him and Liverpool - some difference he's made.

Liverpool won 45% of throw-ins in the season prior to his appointment. The season after it was 68% and they won the league.

We need to be addressing this, it's amateur stuff to watch at times.

We've been dreadful at throw ins for as long as I can remember.

I always dread when we get a throw in near our own corner flag, it basically sets up the opposition with an attack.

I remember the mhanky mob actually starting a match a few years ago by actually doing this - kicking the ball straight out of the pitch in that area.
Throw ins,free kicks and corners are piss poor. Seems we need to work on a few things. You're right about the kick off thing. It was edword guy that kicked off to our left back position and put us under pressure in the first few seconds

Liverpool have employed freelance throw in coach Thomas Gronnenmark for the past four seasons. Watch how they receive and charge forward next time they’re on tv.
I have his stuff and said to him to give Gerrard a shout.He said he had but not needed

Cheers for the heads up. Just watched a wee video on YouTube about him and Liverpool - some difference he's made.

Liverpool won 45% of throw-ins in the season prior to his appointment. The season after it was 68% and they won the league.

We need to be addressing this, it's amateur stuff to watch at times.
Yeah and I remember plenty of people laughing when they appointed him.
It’s important.

I made a remark to my son the other night quite early in the game, we had a throw-in down the left and I said to him “look, no lady's front bottom even wants the ball”. Summed up our attitude the whole night.

Defending them is worse.

Throw ins in our half lead to alot of chances.

Malmo at Ibrox was unbelievable, throw in straight to striker who turns and puts us out the UCL.

After recent shitshows I understand that there are more pressing matters to address, but our consistent surrendering of possession at this most routine of set plays does my nut in.

Could be symptomatic of the general malaise we've been in since the start of the season, but watch for it against Hearts if you haven't noticed already.
Been like thos for years we always struggle to find space when we have the throw in but our opposition seem to time and time again ....... id say its something we don't really work on

Back