Thursday's English football

Dier is the English David Luiz.

Put him in a back four at your peril.

However, if you put him In a back three as the man who takes the ball out of defence or have him as a screening defensive midfielder, he could be quality.

quite awful defending by Spurs who haven't been in the game since they were denied the VAR goal or potentially FK for Moura getting fouled

People talked about Arsenal crisis because they lost 2 games in a row. What about Jose and Spurs 1 win in 10 or whatever it is?!

Berge has been very good here as well.

Stupid booking from McBurnie there. I know it's easy to say from hundreds of miles away but in that sort of situation you should just be laughing at them for venting their frustration instead of reacting.

Kane needs to get out of Tottenham asap. Loyalty is always nice to see but if he doesn't move now while he still can then it's more stupidity than loyalty. He would score bucket loads in the Man City team, but Aguero is far from finished and isn't likely to leave anytime soon.

Last edited:
Berge has been very good here as well.

Stupid booking from McBurnie there. I know it's easy to say from hundreds of miles away but in that sort of situation you should just be laughing at them for venting their frustration instead of reacting.

He looks like the kind of guy that beats his wife when she forgets to put sugar in his tea so I'm not too surprised. Generally I think he's shite but this Spurs defence have made him look world class today.

VAR is perfect interpretation of imperfect rules.

It's like writing buggy code on a computer and then compiling. It's not the computers fault if it breaks, the computer is merely doing it's job, it's the person who wrote crap code that's to blame.
Why nobody can see the great harm this abomination is doing to the game is beyond me.

By far its the worst thing that's ever been introduced to football that I can remember. Bad enough watching it murdering the game on tv, but being at the game,it must be 10 times worse.

It's not a stop start game like tennis or rugby, it's free flowing and takes the crowd along with it. Save the game from this madness.

He’s always been bang average. Well liked for putting in a big tackle on Sergio Ramos once.

His first season at Spurs he looked a quality player in the making. Played well in an England shirt too early doors. But he's just a slogger with a decent free-kick on him.

Kane needs to get out of Tottenham asap. Loyalty is always nice to see bit if he doesn't move now while he still can then it's more stupidity than loyalty. He would score bucket loads in the Man City team, but Aguero is far from finished and isn't likely to leave anytime soon.

Kane is in danger of doing a Shearer, stay with the club he loves but have hardly anything to show for it because of that decision. I know Shearer won the PL with Blackburn but did he win anything at Newcastle? I don't think he did

Kane is in danger of doing a Shearer, stay with the club he loves but have hardly anything to show for it because of that decision. I know Shearer won the PL with Blackburn but did he win anything at Newcastle? I don't think he did

Did he win anything at Newcastle who’s last trophy win was in 1969 ? No

Apologies does the UEFA Intertoto Cup count ?

Kane needs to get out of Tottenham asap. Loyalty is always nice to see but if he doesn't move now while he still can then it's more stupidity than loyalty. He would score bucket loads in the Man City team, but Aguero is far from finished and isn't likely to leave anytime soon.

Kane at Man City to replace Aguero wouldn't surprise me.

He's getting older and it seems like he's getting injured more often.

His first season at Spurs he looked a quality player in the making. Played well in an England shirt too early doors. But he's just a slogger with a decent free-kick on him.

Played well in an England shirt against dross. Yes, he’s a big unit with a decent shot. He is incapable of passing the ball forward and slows everything down. His level is mid-table premier league, he cannot play for a “top 6” team.

Aguero is certainly not finished but injury after injury means he only has another season at City as an automatic starter for me

If they signed Kane he’d score ridiculous amount

Aguero is certainly not finished but injury after injury means he only has another season at City as an automatic starter for me

If they signed Kane he’d score ridiculous amount
I’m not even sure he’s an automatic starter the now, Pep seems to make rotational decisions based on a tombola draw sometimes.

I know Jesus is offside but that passage of play sums up why he’s never first pick for a side looking to win the big trophies. Way too inconsistent.

Good game this as expected. Liverpool looking dangerous every time they go forward but haven't found that final pass or finish. Could easily be 2-2. Robertson has been rotten so far.

Played well in an England shirt against dross. Yes, he’s a big unit with a decent shot. He is incapable of passing the ball forward and slows everything down. His level is mid-table premier league, he cannot play for a “top 6” team.

Not disagreeing with you. Just saying that a few years back he looked a very good prospect despite being one paced.

I know Jesus is offside but that passage of play sums up why he’s never first pick for a side looking to win the big trophies. Way too inconsistent.

I'm sure I read or heard that Jesus' scoring record is incredible for his age and appearances.

I'm not sure how different Aguero would have been at 23 when he was at Atletico.

Back