Tillman - the boy who doesn’t track back

Perhaps, yet I would be interested in seeing a breakdown of the amount of players who went on loan and then returned to their parent club and became first team regulars. I'm assuming it's not a great amount just going by our averages.
I see your point, but if they do develop on loan but still aren't good enough for the parent club it will probably at least make them a more sellable asset and offer the player a better career.
Look at our own Ryan Kent.

The boy has undeniable talent however I’d like to see him take over games against the bigger fixtures in the league - Celtic and away to the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

I also have no faith in this board providing significant funds in the summer, would depend on our budget as there’s going to be a big rebuild required with the majority of our departures being out of contract with no transfer fee.

We had way more than 4 clear cut chances.

Sky Sports Stats

Match Stats​

Rangers vs St J'stone​

Possession Home 69 Away 31​

Total Shots Home 20 Away 4​

On Target Home 11 Away 1​

Off Target Home 6 Away 2​

Blocked Home 3 Away 1​

Passing % Home 88.9 Away 73.1​

Clear-Cut Chances Home 4 Away 1​

I think he looks a bit lost just now, not sure he knows what his role actually is.

He isn’t even allowed to take a quick corner, must have been raging when he went off and Hagi was allowed to take one.

Yesterday we had Cantwell, Tillman and Kent all in the same areas doing the same thing, nice pretty triangles, no penetration.

Very talented boy just hope he doesn’t go the same way Aribo did under Gerrard/Beale doesn’t nail down a specific p

I think he looks a bit lost just now, not sure he knows what his role actually is.

He isn’t even allowed to take a quick corner, must have been raging when he went off and Hagi was allowed to take one.

Yesterday we had Cantwell, Tillman and Kent all in the same areas doing the same thing, nice pretty triangles, no penetration.

Very talented boy just hope he doesn’t go the same way Aribo did under Gerrard/Beale doesn’t nail down a specific position.
Pish

No wonder he looked like he was hating his football under Gio.
Never knew you could get these heat maps so easily.

It just shows how restricted he was under Gio when his whole heat map is on the left touchline which everyone and their granny could see doesn’t suit him.

This Mallik Tillman has disappeared under Beale. This was by far the weakness in Tillman’s game prior to Beale coming in. That seems to have completely flipped on its head now, his ability to track back and win balls is sensational. A clear improvement coaches by our management team.
Was at the game yesterday took the Mrs for a birthday treat,personally I think the big man is 3 moves in front of everyone hope we sign him and Beale must be given time,as the new boy covered more ground than Glen Kamara has all season,love Kamara (and finished a lovely move for the second),but him and lundstram are one dimensional and tend to play safety first,on my side second half Borna could have read a book out on the wing,so mu h space and not used,we should be winning these games 3 4 -0,however fitness seems to have improved and I will trust Michael Beale to get us where he wants,but will be tough one Wednesday against the jam tarts?

He is playing just as well as he was previously. No idea what folk were not seeing before that they are now seeing? He has been categorically our best player since he signed. He has always had work rate, always won the ball a lot and always created goals. People see a moody face and big legs and literally ignore how he actually plays it seems. Complete myth that he didn’t or doesn’t work hard.

Any money we can make from moving out some of the dross should be put towards signing him . Selling Hagi to finance this deal is a no brainier imo. He’s a class act .

He is playing just as well as he was previously. No idea what folk were not seeing before that they are now seeing? He has been categorically our best player since he signed. He has always had work rate, always won the ball a lot and always created goals. People see a moody face and big legs and literally ignore how he actually plays it seems. Complete myth that he didn’t or doesn’t work hard.
There was a run of games where he genuinely looked like he didn’t want to be on the park. One of the European matches sticks out in my mind. He seems to have fixed this now.

I suppose it really shows the benefit of giving talented young players clear instruction on what is expected of them which was clearly lacking in the first 6 months of this season.
It also shows the benefit of giving players a chance to settle in. We as a fanbase are terrible in this regard.

The boy who does what he does, when he feels like it...........But to some, he's still be best talent we have a our club...........:oops:

I think everyone has forgotten that Bayern will have a buy back and I don't imagine that'll be £20m.

With Bayerns resources, I don't think it's likely he will impress enough to be going directly back there.

They have put that in there off the back of us hitting the Europa final IMO incase Tillman becomes another Bassey and earns a big move. It'll give them first refusal.

He has a style that suggests lazy but he is anything but.

He’s just calm. It’s a trait Hagi has too. See’s things others don’t and sometimes unorthodox. Can wait that wee half second before passing that makes all the difference too.

He’ll be well worth the money. And I think we’ll see what we’ve been missing with Hagi aswell

He was our best player yesterday FFS.

Don’t remember you being this critical when Gio was manager. Everything was the refs fault every week with Gio totally blameless.

who started this, see post 43 and stop polluting every thread with your “ I know better than everyone“ p!sh

who started this, see post 43 and stop polluting every thread with your “ I know better than everyone“ p!sh

You seriously went back through your posts all the way to September before you could find a slight criticism of Gio?

Well done

Back