Time right for Aribo exit?

As long as we get a good fee and every penny is reinvested in acquiring a good attacking midfielder and right winger I don’t mind.

That’s assuming Colak is already just about a done deal.

I've copped a 3 day ban for being over-critical of Aribo. He's obviously super talented, but he is also extremely frustrating and his play after AFCON he just looked half the player.

He should have been hooked or benched after some of his performances after January, but I guess he has that 'can pull a rabbit out the hat' at any moment, aspect to his play.

I think he'll get back to his best and I hope we have a nice % sell on fee.

A lot of punters wanting us to sell and reinvest. Players moving on looks inevitable.
As much as it pains me to see him leave we can’t get to a other Goldson situation where he could sign a pre contract mid season and perhaps performance drops (not that Goldson did) or walks away for free at the end of the season. Making a profit a profit for a player we signed for £300k was it? This has to be the model, my biggest concern is the Kent contract situation seeing as he has been our biggest outlay and thus far no teams have come chapping with an offer over 7m (that we know of, correct me if I’m wrong) if he goes for nothing then that’s terrible business.

We need 1 possibly 2 goalscoring attacking midfielders now Aribo is departing do I have faith in the board to provide funds for them no I don’t

I like him he brings a good game with good fight just what you look for in a player but no one is irreplaceable he should make up his mind now so we know where we stand

The board have made it clear the model is to buy and sell for a profit so selling Aribo fits that model. If Morelos and Kent are not signing extensions then the time is right for them to be sold for a profit too imo. Obvioulsy to be successful on the park a good chunk of the funds brought in will need to be used to refresh the team too. A refresh of our team is a year overdue imo.

Of course it is, if he isn't going to sign a new contract.

If the Patterson and Europa money go to balance the books, and assuming money brought in for Itten is used for Colak, then the Aribo money must go to Gio for a right winger.

I can imagine he will be fatigued from playing 70 games last season which could have impacted on his performances this year if he had stayed. Hopefully we get some young Dutch wizard to replace him and keep the £££ coming in, which is what we are trying to do.

The last 6 months, weve brought in circa £30M in sales. Allied to the massive increase in commercial revenue Bisgrove was talking about, and we now have an incredibly strong financial foundation and the spine of the squad is still completely intact.

I love Aribo as a player, il follow the rest of his career with interest - but if you had to choose 2 players to sell to bring in that type of money, Aribo and Patterson would be fairly high up that list. Patterson because hes a back-up and big Joe, because he clearly has never had any intention of signing a 2nd contract with us. I respect that. He was honest with us and gave us a chance to cash in.

Mate we made the final without having a recognised striker.we may have lost in penalties. But tome the team are legends for making it to the final..
I’m not taking anything away from them, it was an unbelievable achievement. But my memories of Aribo will always be tied to that goal and the utter ecstasy we all felt for ten minutes. If things had stayed that way we’d have been singing songs about him for decades.

Will be sad to see him go but this is Rangers and I’m sure Gio will have contingency plans. Gives Lowry more chance of getting a starting place next season too.

In terms of ability, versatility, his strength and style of play one of the most difficult to replace like for like, would rather he stayed long term as I fully believe he will only get better, Southampton will be the EPL stepping stone to bigger for him. Sad to see him go.

It’s understandable that players leave but it’s the fact we let their contracts run down to the last year and get shit transfer fees in.
It’s a disgrace that Kent and Morelos are in the same boat.

As long as we get a good fee and every penny is reinvested in acquiring a good attacking midfielder and right winger I don’t mind.

That’s assuming Colak is already just about a done deal.
A player trading model doesn't work if you are going to reinvest all of the money in players ! The idea is making profit.

Just a matter of time now.

Hopefully we can get a replacement who can offer as much.

Thanks for the memories Joe and all the best.

£10million straight to Gio for 2 first team quality players, not including Colak in that.
Ittens money should have paid a good chunk of Colak s fee.
If he did happen to go then i agree, the £10 million should go on tranfers.
The SG / Paterson money has obviously been put in the bank .

I have zero issues with us selling players on for big profit, as we are doing with Aribo. As a club, we need to do it in order to become self-sustaining and given what's happened to us in the past, it's the right thing to do.

However, the succession plan has to be in place before we do so. I'm not at the transfer thread levels of panic or anger yet, but when Aribo goes, I really hope we're ready to go on a replacement.

If the 6m fee is true I’d rather keep him for the year and run out his contract , who you going to being in to replace him , sorta the same situation as goldson last year

Back