Time to give some youths a chance

Giovanni Van Henry

Can't see us winning the league anymore there's a chance we could but we don't have the mentality to do it. I think the players who aren't putting the effort in should be dropped and have 2-3 young lads brought through. If anything it might uncover a hidden gem and also makes our job easier in the summer. The lads too will know what is required to play for rangers and will have some kind of love for it.

Can't see us winning the league anymore there's a chance we could but we don't have the mentality to do it. I think the players who aren't putting the effort in should be dropped and have 2-3 young lads brought through. If anything it might uncover a hidden gem and also makes our job easier in the summer. The lads too will know what is required to play for rangers and will have some kind of love for it.
You serious?

This crap always appears after a bad result. When, anywhere in football, has 'we're crap just play the young players' ever worked. Or even been tried?

We are currently fighting for the Scottish Cup (which will almost certainly mean conquering Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Hearts and the mentally challengeds) and a respectable 2nd place league finish.

Do you think the youths can deliver this, or do you think the outcome of their introduction, would be a catastrophe, resulting in an empty trophy cabinet and the sacking of the manager ??

I know which one I think is more likely.

I'm all for trying to blood young players from the bench but most people who call for youth players have no perception of where youth ball sits in term of the standard required for first team football.

Our academy has improved beyond recognition from the days of the previous HOY but they are performing well against other youth players !!

Most of our young players who have gone out on loan have struggled to hold down a place in a lower League.

Secure second spot first then introduce some lads like mepude, ayataki for example . It’s not a bad idea . I’d rather see these lads progress than loan duds who aren’t staying .

Just so you can come back on and slaughter them when they don’t win?

I would say the difference in quality and level required between professional and youth/reserve football would surprise many. Just because a lad is tearing up the youth leagues doesn't mean he'll survive 90 mins in a SPL game.

Disagree it's time for the first time in 3 years we clinch second spot at a canter, and clinch a major trophy for the first time in 7 years

Aye OP
Great idea, and then when we are third behind Killie and the atmosphere is poisonous how will these 2-3 youngsters do then?
Also no one is putting in a lack of effort

Aye OP
Great idea, and then when we are third behind Killie and the atmosphere is poisonous how will these 2-3 youngsters do then?
Also no one is putting in a lack of effort
I must admit I’ve seen consistent poor performances from individuals and said to myself “there must be someone in the reserves or youths that can do better”.

Sometimes there’s not.

Kelly looks about 14 when he plays and he is (according to some) the best in the reserves right now. It is annoying that we are having so much success at youth level and we have only really had 1 consistent success in McCrorie to actually break through but we unfortunately just need to accept that the youth options are gonna need time, we're only just over 4 years into rebuilding from the disaster McCoist and the spivs left us with and hopefully with time we can introduce 2-3 youth players every couple of years to improve the side.

I’m surprised it’s taken until Mid February to see such a thread appear. I was betting on December myself.

Yes, let’s dispense with experienced pros who have taken us this far since Gerrard took over, and throw the kids to the wolves.

Better yet let’s play the U17s that won the tournament in Qatar. They will be better than the first team.

And because they are young, the fans certainly won’t get on their backs when things go tits up, because we are such a patient and understanding lot.

Good call OP.

This always comes up after a few bad results, the time to blood a few youngsters is when the team is successful not when it's struggling.

Back