To Sons of Struth, RST , Rangers First and Club1872 - thanks!

Southside_shug

After years of being put to the sword by the charlatans and scum who ran our club, thanks to you guys who took all the shite yet faced up to them.

I thank you for your efforts that we are almost free of the last of the vermin and our fans can now buy from the club and companies who are willing to work with us in tandem, rather than screwing us to the floor.

This man stuck his head above the parapet, made many genuine sacrifices, was steadfast in his approach, took it too them, looked directly into their eyes and deserves an enormous amount of credit. He did not surrender at any point.

A genuine hero in all the mess.

WV15-Rangers-protest.jpg

Should be 100% mate, the guy right or wrongly for him personaly put his whole life upside down to fight the spivs. Long before most would admit what was going on.

Its been disgusting the abuse the guy has taken and still gets from some of the support.

I've posted before, he deserves to be revered in the same way George Goudie is.

Craig Houston saved Rangers, not just him but a small and dedicated army. and he deserves the same respect.

He & All at S.o.S have my eternal gratitude.

After years of being put to the sword by the charlatans and scum who ran our club, thanks to you guys who took all the shite yet faced up to them.

I thank you for your efforts that we are almost free of the last of the vermin and our fans can now buy from the club and companies who are willing to work with us in tandem, rather than screwing us to the floor.

Amen Brother

Should be 100% mate, the guy right or wrongly for him personaly put his whole life upside down to fight the spivs. Long before most would admit what was going on.

Its been disgusting the abuse the guy has taken and still gets from some of the support.
Yip Craig fone a fantastic job. It was just a shame more people didn’t show up when it was important. I went to every meeting every event like the Sports Direct boycott and even at the court for Whyte. I remember the meeting Craig arranged at the Hilton in Byers Road and we were lucky if there was 60 bears there.
It didn’t stop Craig though he just never gave up. It was indeed a pleasure to stand along side him at all the events.

This man stuck his head above the parapet, made many genuine sacrifices, was steadfast in his approach, took it too them, looked directly into their eyes and deserves an enormous amount of credit.

A genuine hero in all the mess.

WV15-Rangers-protest.jpg
The wet days and nights we stood to get to this day I would do again with this man. Thankfully we will never have too. Well done to all involved from protesting. Marching and buying enough shares to get our club back.

We truly are the people.

With SOS and Craig we had too not only take on the Charlatans, we alas had abuse from fans, at that time being called Blue Tim’s, it still rankles, we gave up two very good STs too deny the rapists of our Club for two seasons any monies. It’s sad that some so called legends took monies plus free shares.

With SOS and Craig we had too not only take on the Charlatans, we alas had abuse from fans, at that time being called Blue Tim’s, it still rankles, we gave up two very good STs too deny the rapists of our Club for two seasons any monies. It’s sad that some so called legends took monies plus free shares.
The one night that really angered me was the hearts game that was cancelled due to snow. The amount of abuse from those with tickets shocking.

And let everyone who comes on digest this post because this surely sums it up Never Forgive or Forget.

The attacks on us will never stop.

If anything, now that the Beasts from the East are faltering and we’ve stabilised - they’re going to get dirtier and nastier in their attempts to damage us, with the assistance of like-minded scum in media and political circles.

The difference now is, we have a Board that truly care, a % of our support that’s far more switched on, and tireless individuals such as those above - all prepared to protect our Club.

@blueismycolour on here along with his son, who was 13 at the time, produced an S.O.S. banner with 'spivs out' where they had season tickets next to the Directors Box.

They didn't get it easy, I can assure you all.

Both stood tall and told the truth.

@blueismycolour and C :cool:, respect to you both.

Serious question...what did rangers first and club 1872 do?
Without the RST and Rangers First organising the fans and buying shares, along with the ordinary fans who had shares, there is a good possibility DK and the 3 bears might have failed to oust the old regime.
I'm amazed that you ask that question ?
Everyone played a part but some gave more time.
WE have a support like no where else on the planet

Without the RST and Rangers First organising the fans and buying shares, along with the ordinary fans who had shares, there is a good possibility DK and the 3 bears might have failed to oust the old regime.
I'm amazed that you ask that question ?
Everyone played a part but some gave more time.
WE have a support like no where else on the planet

Robert,

I don't want the post politicised which is why I didn't reply to the poster myself.

I'm just greatly appreciative of all the different groups who have allowed this momentous day to happen.

It's almost as ground breaking as the Three Bears and King getting the shares to take control... if not it is certainly up there.

I remember e-mailing Craig at SoS on the morning of thew AGM vote congratulation him individually and offering to buy him a pint if I sould ever bump into him....that offer still stands

I got involved in a minor way and went to a few meetings and a few protests, handed out leaflets and put them on cars windscreens across on the spare ground from the stadium, met some superb bears. Committed guys like Craig, he was the face of SOS and took the flack for it, it was a desperate time for the club, but strangely it brought the best out in the support, i like to walk around Ibrox on match days just to see who's around and what's occurring, it's good to see the faces again and give a wee nod to them and a shake of the hand, it's my way of thanking them.

Last edited:
Completely agree, Shug. Sometimes we take what others do for us too much for granted. Working together in a broad church of ideas will continue to strengthen us. It really is a truism, but together we are strong.

From Murray to Shyte to Greens band of asset strippers to fatty it's been a stressful time.

Anyone that did anything to help - I thank you most sincerely.

Hopefully no more shite to endure but time will tell.

Round of Applause here for every one of you, for the hard work and determination you've shown.

Yip Craig fone a fantastic job. It was just a shame more people didn’t show up when it was important. I went to every meeting every event like the Sports Direct boycott and even at the court for Whyte. I remember the meeting Craig arranged at the Hilton in Byers Road and we were lucky if there was 60 bears there.
It didn’t stop Craig though he just never gave up. It was indeed a pleasure to stand along side him at all the events.

The Hilton on Byres Rd meeting was the first time Rangers Retail was mentioned & I'm sure John Brown was in attendance.

Dark times!

Sons of Struth, RST, RangersFirst and Club 1872 were all the right people in the right place at the right time, and they provided direction and focus when it was most needed.

When the full history (as much as we will ever get to hear about) is written about the period covering Sir Duped, through Whyte, the spivs and the eventual rescue by the Three Bears etc, I'm sure it will be recognised that the main factor of our survival was the action and commitment of all the ordinary fans who provided the volume and scale of the resistance against the spivs.

In spite of all the pro-spiv propaganda from McTurdo, RangersMedia and some - sad to say- on the old RangersChat programme, the club has survived in no small part because of the efforts of the true Rangers supporters. The marches, John Brown's speech at the Main Entrance, protesting against the spivs in a blizzard at the Hearts game, and outside the Rangers Shop, withholding Season Ticket money to put pressure on the crooks in the Boardroom were all part of the campaign that finally got us spiv-free.

I - along with everyone else who was there - am proud to have played a small part in most of these events. As a KP boy born and bred, Rangers were always my team. When I go to the games now, I always think how close we came to losing it.

That's why, when 55 eventually comes - and it will - it will be the most special of the 26 I've been fortunate to live through.

Also worth noting when these guys were demonstrating we had some of our supporters shouting nonsense at them, remember a group shouting "Blue Tims" at us one Sunday afternoon whilst protesting against Green and Ashley. Also worth noting is the small percentage of fans who would say it's sunny today just to be different and not face reality.

I think the protest at Sports Direct that Saturday at the Fort was the eye opener for Ashley, and for that I thanks my pare take and the 40 other folks who turned up.

Craig and the rest deserve plaudits forever and so do the protesters the best modern day Protestants.

I remember the meeting at the Hilton, when I walked in I was expecting the place to be jumping, but at least all were in agreement of what needed to be done.
We now have our club back and heading in the right direction, congratulations to all our fellow bears, to Dave King and the rest of the board.
Never ever let it slip away again bears.

The individuals who fought and dug in to their pockets to save our club can never be thanked enough.i thank you on behalf of myself,my son,and grandsons that the heart is still beating in this great club of ours.WATP.

The Sons Of Struth

In the Blue Room of heaven there's a smile on the face
Of the man who loved Rangers , who welcomed the chase
As he witnessed the Sons who were called after his name
Stand up for the virtues against those with no shame

For those were the people chosen by God
To walk in the footsteps that Bill Struth had trod
They stood in the gap and did not yield one inch
In the face of their foes they never did flinch

Craig Houston was one, John Brown, Novo and others
Who stood at the main doors united as brothers
Against all the odds they resolved to prevail
For in the task set before them true Ranger's won't fail

It was all for the love of the Rangers
It was the least that they felt they could do
As they were misunderstood and berated
In defence of the Red White and Blue

Their sacrifice born of an unbroken devotion
An unselfish passion of heartfelt emotion
In the way that they honoured that dear sacred trust
For a cause oh so noble , A cause oh so just

Their anchors held as the ill winds blew
For deep down within their hearts they knew
That truth would overcome the lie
And their beloved Rangers would never die

Victory was sure, there was never a doubt
That the enemy within would soon be cast out
And when that day came there was joy in the street
Amongst families and women with kids around their feet

Now our Temple of Dreams is set gloriously free
From scoundrels and rogues of the lowest degree
God bless every supporter who stood up for the truth
Those Sons of the Fathers , the Sons of Bill Struth

May the sun always shine upon Edmiston Drive
May we never forget , keep the memories alive
Of Mr Struth's legacy and the blood , sweat and tears
Of those loyal Sons of Struth and the Gallant Pioneers

Should ever our service be needed
We shall answer the clarion call
And again gather with those who love Rangers
The club which is open to all

We will defend the traditions and values
That we have loved since the days of our youth
For we are all part of the Family of Rangers
Forever all true loyal Sons Of Struth

ItsInTheNet

The one night that really angered me was the hearts game that was cancelled due to snow. The amount of abuse from those with tickets shocking.
I walked 5 miles to Ibrox and 5 miles back on that horrific night.
So gutted to watch so many desert the protest and stroll into the game.

There was a photo of me in the daily rebel (online)next day looking like a (handsome)drowned rat.:)

Craig Houston was the spark that encouraged me to give up the 3 season tickets held by my family- even travelling up from Irvine to walk round Ibrox on a Saturday when no game was on to protest, sign and post cards of intention into argyle house
This was the day I ripped up my season ticket renewal forms in front of the ticket office in protest against the spivs all caught on camera by Willie Vass - the small sacrifice I made to get our club back was well worth it

@blueismycolour on here along with his son, who was 13 at the time, produced an S.O.S. banner with 'spivs out' where they had season tickets next to the Directors Box.

They didn't get it easy, I can assure you all.

Both stood tall and told the truth.

@blueismycolour and C :cool:, respect to you both.

To be told you are not supporters of the club, summed it up for me back then, how wrong these now totally impertinent buffoons have been made to look and that gives me and my son something to be very pleased about. My son was 18 last Saturday and we were up from Southampton once again for the St Johnstone game. He could've gone out with his mates to celebrate, but no, all he wanted to do was get up the road to see The Rangers.............

Aye he's not a supporter of our club..........

Thanks for the wee mention, E10H.

WATP.

To be told you are not supporters of the club, summed it up for me back then, how wrong these now totally impertinent buffoons have been made to look and that gives me and my son something to be very pleased about. My son was 18 last Saturday and we were up from Southampton once again for the St Johnstone game. He could've gone out with his mates to celebrate, but no, all he wanted to do was get up the road to see The Rangers.............

Aye he's not a supporter of our club..........

Thanks for the wee mention, E10H.

WATP.

You and your lad, Wife & daughters, have shown a phenomenal level of dedication to our Club over numerous years.

Spread kindness on unreal levels also.

Proud to know you all and know I hold our friendship dear. :cool:

Back