Today’s match (of relative note)

Main Stand

Official Ticketer
As it seems every year La Liga are the only ones playing a match on New Years Eve.

Valencia v Espanyol

Premier sports, for those us of needing a fix @15:15.

Valencia missing a few players like Gaya, Gabriel and Diakhaby. It’s not much, but it’s something.

Had no idea Helder Costa played for Valencia, remember him scoring his first international goal against Scotland and being quality in the championship.

As it seems every year La Liga are the only ones playing a match on New Years Eve.

Valencia v Espanyol

Valencia missing a few players like Gaya, Gabriel and Diakhaby. It’s not much, but it’s something.
You don’t do the broadcast negotiation and advertising for the SPFL by any chance?

Valencia v Espanyol

Whit's this New Year's Eve pish? Hogmanay, my man....:cool:

DABF3519-6734-4458-892-A-6219-B005162-B.jpg

Won £87.50 on a bet builder from a free fiver bet on the Oviedo game. Pocketed the £80 for weekend coupons.

Valencia v Espanyol

Im surprised you're not there

Valencia v Espanyol

From the Mr fixit site...

(edit didn't realise the game had started already)

Valencia will be aiming to boost their quest for a European finish as they host Espanyol in La Liga on Friday. The Catalans can be dangerous opponents but Valencia are are in good form at the moment and should take the points here.

Valencia are attempting to pick up their form again after losing their way slightly following a bright start to the season. Jose Bordalas’ men are currently on a seven-match unbeaten run in La Liga, winning the last three fixtures.

Los Che are still in mid-table but their recent resurgence has rekindled their hopes for a European finish. They are just two points off fourth placed Rayo Vallecano and can climb into the Champions League places if results go their way this weekend.

Valencia’s last La Liga fixture before the winter break was a thrilling 4-3 victory over Levante. They fought back from two goals down to win with Goncalo Guedes and Carlos Soler each netting a brace.

Espanyol are sitting just outside the top half but have plenty of reasons to be pleased with their campaign so far. They are often tricky opponents and can count victories over Real Madrid and Real Sociedad among their results this season.
Espanyol have lost three of their last five La Liga matches and were beaten 3-1 by Celta Vigo in their previous fixture before the winter break.

Manager Vincente Moreno will be worried about Espanyol’s abysmal record on their travels. They have failed to claim a single win on the road this season and have lost their last four away matches.

How the bookies view it​

Valencia have been installed as favourites among the bookies and are priced at 3/4 by William Hill to claim the win. A victory for Espanyol is priced at 43/10 with SBK while a draw is set at odds of 17/6 with Vbet.

Head to head​

Valencia have a 29-19 advantage with 10 draws from 54 previous matches against Espanyol. They have also won the last two fixtures, including a 1-0 victory in the most recent meeting at the Mestalla.

Players to watch​

Carlos Soler and Goncalo Guedes have combined for 13 La Liga goals this season including a brace each in their previous fixture. Unibet has Soler at 41/20 to score anytime while also offering odds of 23/10 on Guedes in the same market.

Raul de Tomas has eight La Liga goals this season and will be the one to watch for Espanyol on Friday. The striker is priced at 23/10 by Unibet to get on the score sheet at the Mestalla.

Anything else catch the eye?​

Valencia and Espanyol have struggled at the back this season and given the quality in their attacks, both teams could be backed to score at evens with bet365. There were over 3.5 goals in Valencia’s last fixture and a similar outcome is priced at 14/5 with Paddy Power while over 2.5 goals is valued at 11/10 with BetVictor.

Valencia have scored in both halves in their last three La Liga matches and could be set for a repeat at 2/1 with Skybet.

Valencia To Win
3/4
William Hill
Over 2.5 Goals
11/10
BetVictor
Goncalo Guedes Anytime Goalscorer
23/10
SBK

Last edited:
Enjoy the Spanish football. La liga tv also shows every single game live. The way it should be!

Flipping about waiting for the football to start I've found pro-kabaddi league. I have no idea there was a pro-kabaddi league. Strangely watchable.

Bengal Warriors are humping Patna Pirates if anybody has money on it.

Flipping about waiting for the football to start I've found pro-kabaddi league. I have no idea there was a pro-kabaddi league. Strangely watchable.

Bengal Warriors are humping Patna Pirates if anybody has money on it.
Used to watch this on Channel 4 many years ago

Manu Morlanes on the bench for Espanyol - remember him being pretty good for Villarreal when we played them in 2018, was only about 19 at the time..

I have a large collection of butt-plugs is what I’m saying B-D

Riveting stuff this by way.

Lopes was always solid in ultimate team when I was younger.

Back