Today's Game

I disagree . It was your bog standard dreadful SPL fare .

No reason for it not to be played .

Crowd in attendance showed it shouldn't have been played.
24hrs notice for a pre-paid crowd coming from all over is nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm with the accies manager, wind level should be taken into account, at the end we won, but it was a lottery.

24hrs notice for a pre-paid crowd coming from all over is nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm with the accies manager, wind level should be taken into account, at the end we won, but it was a lottery.

So we just allow fixtures to pile up , end up playing about 4 games in one week because of it , could cost us the Scottish cup ?

Correctly played today . Even in perfect conditions most SPL matches are Fcking dire .

So we just allow fixtures to pile up , end up playing about 4 games in one week because of it , could cost us the Scottish cup ?

Correctly played today . Even in perfect conditions most SPL matches are Fcking dire .

So just forget the match attending punters that actually keep the game alive because the standard of Scottish football is shit?

On current form, if a lottery was what we needed for 3 points, I’ll take it.

It was . Correctly played , pitch fine , a horrible windy day yes but that’s life .

So just forget about the real life and soul of football, the fans?

Sorry mate, but fixture congestion should be the last thing on your mind, the paying punter is far more important, and today, they were treated like shite by playing that game.

Weather conditions should have seen the game cancelled in any event.

Sorry mate, but fixture congestion should be the last thing on your mind, the paying punter is far more important, and today, they were treated like shite by playing that game.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to cancel today’s fixture .

I thought we were terrible today and have been for some time and that's not down to the weather conditions.
We need to start finding form as a team and the lazy players who can't be arsed are needing to get their finger out.

I thought we were terrible today and have been for some time and that's not down to the weather conditions.
We need to start finding form as a team and the lazy players who can't be arsed are needing to get their finger out.

What players are lazy?

1st half the team was cronic a 25 min spell n the second half we took control but it was shite to shite through ive seen rangers teams play in worse conditions.. ffs ive played in worse conditions in my youth on a red ash pitch full of puddles

Last edited:

So what happens when we end up playing 4 games in a week like we did in January 2002? Doesn't that affect the paying punters who can't get to all 4 games? Even the following week the games were still coming thick and fast.

There will always be people inconvenienced but it was better playing today than building up a bigger back log especially if we are still in europe and draw with Hearts in the cup.

Can we not just have a winter break Jan/Feb and play in the summer months? I know no guarantee it will be perfect weather but surely not as bad as today.
Football is a spectator sport so let's make it as spectator friendly as possible.
It was baltic today.

OP is just high on life getting two match day trades on the spin.

Laughing all the way to the bank.
We took in less income in two days than we normally do in a home match, but we had double staff wages to payout.
Not even sure why you are going there I was commenting on the conditions the players had to endure.
You obviously weren't in The Louden or you would know how quiet it was. Gets very tiresome all this pettiness.

Last edited:

Load of crap.
Plenty of people were there, and plenty chose not to attend because of the weather. Undoubtably some maybe not, like the Irish bears, but at the end of the day we DO have a busy Schedule and when was the last time a game was postponed because a minority of fans couldn’t attend?

We took in less income in two days than we normally do in a home match, but we had double staff wages to payout.
Not even sure why you are going there I was commenting on the conditions the players had to endure.
You obviously weren't in The Louden or you would know how quiet it was. Gets very tiresome all this pettiness.
Why even explain that to anyone else? It’s your business no one else’s what you take in, I have never been into the pub but know the costs of running them and it doesn’t take too much working out it wouldn’t have been as profitable as a normal week end due the tha amount if fans who were never near Ibrox as their busses turned back or the sparse crowd today.
You could have aske you staff to work for nowt due to the high winds right enough

Why even explain that to anyone else? It’s your business no one else’s what you take in, I have never been into the pub but know the costs of running them and it doesn’t take too much working out it wouldn’t have been as profitable as a normal week end due the tha amount if fans who were never near Ibrox as their busses turned back or the sparse crowd today.
You could have aske you staff to work for nowt due to the high winds right enough
I have always tried to be as open as possible where I can be with the Rangers fans. I understand there are lots of people who just look to put the boot into The Louden, that I don't understand.

We make our living off of Rangers, so I'm not going to complain when sometimes we have a setback. A few of the staff offered to work for free on Sunday, not for one minute would We accept that.

Last edited:
I have always tried to be as open as possible where I can be with the Rangers fans. I understand there are lots of people who just look to put the boot into The Louden, that I don't understand.
Some just don’t like fellow fans doing well selling to fellow fans, it’s mental, there wil be some that think you make millions a year but that’s no possible only opening 80 days a year. Jealousy or there are some just don’t like you either you won’t losss sleep

Some just don’t like fellow fans doing well selling to fellow fans, it’s mental, there wil be some that think you make millions a year but that’s no possible only opening 80 days a year. Jealousy or there are some just don’t like you either you won’t losss sleep
As long as most of the fans like The Louden, I have no concern about what they think of me. It is a hard shift to pay all the bills but I'm one of the few people in life that actually loves their job.

It wasn't, many punters had already pre-paid for a game they couldn't attend.

Football is about the fans.

So because people from Glasgow couldnt make the game it should have been cancelled basically? there was no reason for the game to be called off yesterday unfortunately those who travel fair distances to come to the games have been unfortunate and unable to travel due to conditions but that weather wasnt stopping anyone near Glasgow traveling to the game.

Great effort over the two days, and for getting the staff in on a sunday, we were in over the two days and your hospitality as usual was excellent, the square sausage on sunday hit the spot.
keep up the good work for the actual people who use the Louden, not the many on here that just want to moan about everything
See you on Thursday

Whether or not you agree with the sentiment of the OP, people who consistently take issue with the Louden are for the watching on this forum INO.

The years we had to endure ‘The Stadium’ and it’s overt papery, it’s shameless milking of the support and it’s truly horrendous match day experience....... to be replaced with a lock stock and barrel Rangers boozer with direct interaction with the punters..... I genuinely despair.

A broad church indeed.

Great effort over the two days, and for getting the staff in on a sunday, we were in over the two days and your hospitality as usual was excellent, the square sausage on sunday hit the spot.
keep up the good work for the actual people who use the Louden, not the many on here that just want to moan about everything
See you on Thursday
[/QUOT
Cheers

Whether or not you agree with the sentiment of the OP, people who consistently take issue with the Louden are for the watching on this forum INO.

The years we had to endure ‘The Stadium’ and it’s overt papery, it’s shameless milking of the support and it’s truly horrendous match day experience....... to be replaced with a lock stock and barrel Rangers boozer with direct interaction with the punters..... I genuinely despair.

A broad church indeed.
I always wonder if the folk who slaughter the Louden ever had the misfortune of drinking flat lager from plastic cups in that midden too

I missed the game on sunday for obvious reasons been from Ulster, but Id rather the game was WON yesterday and I missed it than played in a few weeks and we got beat.

Back