Todd cantwell tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggakd

His celebration, then walking round the stadium at full time looked like he was fighting back the tears, on sky just now with red looking eyes. Am I reading into this or could it be a goodbye to Ibrox?

Looked like he was waving bye at one point then looked like he had been crying when sky interviewed him. Also seen his brother was up for the game and the badge kiss. Looked to me like he was leaving.
That’s exactly what I took from it. Quite a serious tone in his interview and looked like red watery eyes

Will be a shame to see him go if so...that said, for the right price, and if it helps fund Clements new squad, I don't mind him going.

That’s what I mean mate, if Cantwell turned up like he did tonight most the time, we’d have a better chance of winning the league.

Another who’s let us down more often than not this season I’m afraid.
If Cantwell turned up like he did tonight most of the time, he wouldn’t be anywhere near Rangers.

Surely you build a squad that includes players like him. When they’re off it, someone else is on it.

Clement has not played him in the two biggest games of the season and said at the weekend it wasn’t a game for Cantwell.

Would not be surprised if he moves on. There is something there with Cantwell and it is frustrating we are not getting it out of him consistently

I didn't take it as red eyes in the interview, thought his interview was him acting angry for being left out last sat

Clement has not played him in the two biggest games of the season and said at the weekend it wasn’t a game for Cantwell.

Would not be surprised if he moves on. There is something there with Cantwell and it is frustrating we are not getting it out of him consistently

Certainly not games for Lawrence. I think Cantwell will be off. We should get a decent return on him and it goes to the rebuild.

His celebration, then walking round the stadium at full time looked like he was fighting back the tears, on sky just now with red looking eyes. Am I reading into this or could it be a goodbye to Ibrox?

He was very arsey with the boy interview him on sky. Obviously pissed off.

He can certainly be infuriating, clueless one minute and brilliant the next. When he’s on song his touches and skills are just what we need to tie the opposition in knots and he delivered tonight. It’s fair to say that the treatment he receives from his markers is disgraceful and without much acknowledgement from the officials - tonight was a good example, the way Scylla repeatedly kicked him around without even receiving a yellow card was ridiculous but at least he had the last laugh with a spectacular goal in an emphatic (second half) victory was just reward. I hope he stays.

I like him. He has an abundance of skill and is good to watch. His wee reverse pass at the edge of the box tonight was reminiscent of Davie Cooper. He is an entertainer who takes risks that don’t always come off but it’s better than watching safe sideways passes. He is targeted by the opposition for a reason, they see him as a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back