Todd cantwell tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would sell him to part fund the rebuild. Also wouldn't play him in the cup final. Would start Raskin, Sterling and Diomande in mid with Silva and McCausland and Dessers. Wouldn't have a 10.

Fantastic player and I really hope he's here next season. Seems that Big Phil doesnt fancy him which I just dont understand.
He doesn’t fancy him because he isn’t a team player he prefers to play for Todd Cantwell if he wants to play with Rangers his attitude will have to change without the ball and getting into positions which help the team defend the manager has said this numerous times he can’t allow Cantwell to be a headless chicken without discipline and team work

He doesn’t fancy him because he isn’t a team player he prefers to play for Todd Cantwell if he wants to play with Rangers his attitude will have to change without the ball and getting into positions which help the team defend the manager has said this numerous times he can’t allow Cantwell to be a headless chicken without discipline and team work

Aye but he kissed the badge tonight mate and put Dundee to the sword in a dead rubber

Do we have the finances to replace him along with the OOC players plus any1 else we sell.

However we do need to sell a few. Hopefully coup decent money for Lammers

Do we need to still pay for Diomande plus if manager wants Sima here next season

Just not sure we have the money to replace Cantwell with some one of more quality

I didn't take it as red eyes in the interview, thought his interview was him acting angry for being left out last sat
Me too. He certainly doesn’t lack confidence in his own ability and (rightly?) thought he could have contributed on Saturday.

He and Clement maybe don’t see eye to eye but we aren’t likely to pick up a player like him cheaply.

Had a good game tonight but I think the time is probably right for him to go while we can still get a fee for him rather than the usual leaving for free under a cloud and all goodwill from the fans gone.

We need players who can have games like that consistently, he just doesn't do it regularly enough.
End of season no pressure, just like last season with him and Raskin.

If anyone thinks some should get a reprieve going into next season then it will all end the same - AGAIN.

Got to keep him. Tidy player and has loads to offer. He will improve again when the standard of player around him rises.
It’s going to rise on another shoestring budget is it?

I hope to %^*& PC can unearth a good few diamonds in the rough and be backed in doing so, otherwise we’ll be another manager down and another season of significant funds behind the filth!

Depressing!

Not his biggest fan. However, if he can produce those kind of performances most weeks and in big games, I’ll take him all day long. Hopefully the penny has dropped for him.

You'd only keep him if you are happy with inconsistency. He's not going to become consistent suddenly. When he's on it he is brilliant - but if there's a choice, I want Rangers players who are on it every game.

If he goes be interesting to see the fee and where he ends up.

If we ever need reminded how short term our attention span is we can revisit this thread about another dead rubber masterclass from Cantwell who apparently is our best player yet isn’t trusted to start an OF game and has frankly dreadful stats for our so-called best player

If he goes be interesting to see the fee and where he ends up.

If we ever need reminded how short term our attention span is we can revisit this thread about another dead rubber masterclass from Cantwell who apparently is our best player yet isn’t trusted to start an OF game and has frankly dreadful stats for our so-called best player

We dont have a best player

they have all been absolutely shocking with the exception of the keeper

Its easy to see that Todd C is one of our more talented players though

I hope he stays but part of me thinks that Clement doesn’t want him long term. Pity because he can be a game changer when he wants to be.
Part of the problem sometimes

Not sure whether its attitude related, or ability

He has games like tonight were he was frankly outstanding, but for what ever reason doesn't seem to get the same trust in the bigger games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss out on starting the Cup Final

Ultimately, one thing that can very rarely be flung at him is anything about hiding. He always seems to be trying, even if it doesn't come off

He kinda has himself to blame. I think if he knuckled down and played as asked he could have been a cult hero at the club for many years.
In a way he's but this year Beale had him getting to do everything which then caused a niggle with clement which was sorted

But he's being injured a bit he gets ac fair amount of bad takes that do unpunished as well I think under a proper system a proper pee session with better around him he crevices a better player.

I like him but he’s not a team player, therefore I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go if Clement were to get a decent fee for him. Games like tonight sum him up, plays with a freedom when the pressures not on and looks very easy on the eye, does some keepy ups on the byline then gestures to the crowd. As I say, I like him but there’s an element of ‘it’s all about me’.

We dont have a best player

they have all been absolutely shocking with the exception of the keeper

Its easy to see that Todd C is one of our more talented players though
Is it though?
I don’t see the important things an attacking player should bring to our team. He flatters to deceive consistently-he’s a fan favourite and not one of the so-called leadership team so he gets an easier ride.

Burns my brain that some fans would want him gone or even dropped. But then we’ve got fans this season who felt Tom Lawrence should be playing ahead of him so I really do give up when that’s deemed a reasonable topic of debate.

Yes he’s not been at his best but who has ?! He’s still head and shoulders ahead of the majority and could get back to his best if we get players in the final third around him better than the dross we’ve had this season.

I’d suggest those saying we “can get better” have a look at the Tavernier thread posted the other day containing the list of players we have signed in ten years.

I’d then suggest they have a think about what level of footballing ability we can attract to our league and whether letting a player with actual ball control leave is a wise move.

Game of two halves for him.

First half holding on to the ball too long and spent most of the half on his arse because of it.

Second half much better and showed what an asset he can be.

Flatters to deceive most of the time though and I’d sell if we got £4-5m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back