Todd Cantwell

Because Cantwell isn't as good as many fans think he is.

Played a few good dead rubber games at the end of last season and people think hes a world beater.

Clearly isn't taking on Clements instructions, there is a reason he was shipped out at mid table Norwich.

Did cantwell not post some cryptic message on social media through the week about being a caged bird or something like that?

Unfortunately I think he would have been just as anonymous as the majority of the players we had on the pitch today.

I agree he’s not as good as he thinks he is but by fck hes 1000% an upgrade on McCausland

I agree hes a better player than young McCausland, but its clear McCausland is willing to listen to the gaffer.

Cantwell thinks hes good enough to ignore his instructions.

Cantwell had to start ahead of Lawrence but when that team starts, he needs to come on.

Managers subs a bit bizarre.

I agree hes a better player than young McCausland, but its clear McCausland is willing to listen to the gaffer.

Cantwell thinks hes good enough to ignore his instructions.

The writing was on the wall against Prague.

Incidentally we’re in huge trouble if anyone thinks Todd Cantwell is more important than Clement in winning Rangers next title

I’d cash in in the summer. It’s gonna be a profit and that’s good news

Chris Sutton told everyone he's pish and half of FF want to believe that , unbelievable.

The manager not playing him today says a lot about himself and that's a major concern
I probably would’ve brought him on today.

However, his performances and numbers show that he’s not the special player he’s built up to be.

Chris Sutton told everyone he's pish and half of FF want to believe that , unbelievable.

The manager not playing him today says a lot about himself and that's a major concern

He’s clearly not pish but he’s inconsistent and for the large part goes missing in big games.

So do a lot of the others so not singling him out but he’s been average the large part of this season.

I’d still have started him ahead of Lawrence right enough

Do you actually believe that , seriously.

Fair enough if you do I find that incredible.
Yes.

12 goals, 11 assists in 61 games for Rangers.

I genuinely hate to compare but Matt O’Riley has 13 goals, 11 assists just in the league this season.

That’s the kind of impact Cantwell should be having on our team.

Whether he’s a special player is a different debate

He’s far better than Tom Lawrence who hasn’t played well from the start in any game since he signed
Don’t doubt that mate.

Think both of them would’ve been the wrong decision in midfield.

The gaffer was unhappy with his attitude. He is the boss so we just need to swallow it for now. The McAusland sub took us down to 9 men. Bizzare.
That was simply a ridiculous decision. The wee man may be one of our own but he’s just not good enough

Based solely on his previous escapdes in this fixture, I wouldn't have put him on either. Another who can't handle the heat

Surely folk aren’t happy that the likes of Wright, McAusland and Raskin are getting minutes before him? You can argue that Cantwell hasn’t produced in recent weeks but I don’t think you can make a case for any of those thrown on before him.

Cantwell isn’t ever going to be a top player for Rangers, he gets his cock sucked by so many of our fans for little return.

He thinks he’s doing us a favour being here, get rid of him along with about 15 others

He’s been pish for weeks, shite in these games apart when all the pressure was off. Why trust him, when we are already stuck trusting Lundstram and Borna.

Can’t wait for his next cryptic social media post now.

Did cantwell not post some cryptic message on social media through the week about being a caged bird or something like that?

Unfortunately I think he would have been just as anonymous as the majority of the players we had on the pitch today.
We’ll never know unfortunately.

He’s not been great but neither has Lundstrum who was guaranteed a start and look how that turned out.

Reckon he will be away in the summer, him and Phil don’t seem to be on the same page.

He’s basically the epitome of the type of player I don’t want to see at the club.

Inconsistent, capable of some great flashes but all round pretty uninspiring and brings fairly constant drama with his social media stuff and getting into public spats with pundits etc.

If there’s an offer there from a Championship team down south I’d bite your hand off.

Because Cantwell isn't as good as many fans think he is.

Played a few good dead rubber games at the end of last season and people think hes a world beater.

Clearly isn't taking on Clements instructions, there is a reason he was shipped out at mid table Norwich.
This is it plus the bird in the cage comment is just immature and not needed. He has been good but he ain't good enough to be the star of the team that some think he is.

Cantwell for me appears to be Clement's scapegoat
He rightly at times has been subbed for being poor or not started games for having been poor but I don't see that happ3ni g with numerous other players
 And
I cannot believe that wlthe tram selction today was what was best for Rangers with Lawrence starting then Mcausland coming on.
Those decisions were worrying

Cantwell should be taking the hint, either he really buys into what our club is about and expects, or he can ship out back down south.

We need warriors, not prima donnas, its his privilege to play for US, not HIS.

Back