Todd Cantwell

Cantwell is nowhere near as good as he and some fans think he is BUT he should have been on the pitch long before Scott Wright and Lawrence shouldn’t have been playing ahead of him.

Clement biting his nose off to spite his face.

Cantwell for me appears to be Clement's scapegoat
He rightly at times has been subbed for being poor or not started games for having been poor but I don't see that happ3ni g with numerous other players
 And
I cannot believe that wlthe tram selction today was what was best for Rangers with Lawrence starting then Mcausland coming on.
Those decisions were worrying
In other words Clement made an arse of it. I don't care who is faking out with who. The team and club come first deal with the other shit of the park. For me Cantwell was a starter, Raskin also, not cause he's been awesome but he has steel, what this game requires. I'm pissed at Clement right now

Why did our best offensive player just sit that whole game out?

He’s not perfect but I don’t need to list the players he’s far more capable than that did play. Including the one that started in his position that stank the place out for the 2nd OF game in a row.
Because he's not very good. Bar a goal in a dead rubber last season what has he done in an old firm during his time with us?

Cantwell should be taking the hint, either he really buys into what our club is about and expects, or he can ship out back down south.

We need warriors, not prima donnas, its his privilege to play for US, not HIS.
As well as the club, its imperative cantwell buys into what PC wants from him or he's no right to expect to play. Clement is trying to play his own way and trying to find players that fit the bill across the pitch. At times it's been like fitting square pegs in round holes for him because evidently the squad isn't really good enough at present. Unfortunately for Todd it's a team game and if he has to sacrifice some of his free spirit for the benefit of the team then so be it.

So for me, he either buys into what's being asked of him or leave.

Because Cantwell isn't as good as many fans think he is.

Played a few good dead rubber games at the end of last season and people think hes a world beater.

Clearly isn't taking on Clements instructions, there is a reason he was shipped out at mid table Norwich.
Hes pish, but less pish then Wright. Not the time for the manager to making a stand.

Surely folk aren’t happy that the likes of Wright, McAusland and Raskin are getting minutes before him? You can argue that Cantwell hasn’t produced in recent weeks but I don’t think you can make a case for any of those thrown on before him.
were they playing the same position as Cantwell?

I was highly defensive of him when we were playing him out right, but he’s hardly improved since being back in the middle.

Best to cash in.

I assumed he is not fit/carrying a knock and wasn't risked by Clement. That, coupled with Lawrence scoring a screamer and looking good against Killie.

I don't agree with those saying Cantwell is pish.
The boy has talent and although he is inconsistent has shown in spells he can clearly play.
He's not had a great season tbf, but I think you'd see a more positionally disciplined and consistent player with better quality around him.

Why did our best offensive player just sit that whole game out?

He’s not perfect but I don’t need to list the players he’s far more capable than that did play. Including the one that started in his position that stank the place out for the 2nd OF game in a row.
His boots are too flashy for Clement, who seemingly wasn’t happy that he also carried his baby out at Ibrox, and his hairs too long and too blonde.

The gaffer was unhappy with his attitude. He is the boss so we just need to swallow it for now. The McAusland sub took us down to 9 men. Bizzare.
Exactly for all his failings Cantwell will always run at them offers far far more than Mcausland , baffling again by Big Phil ?

Played a few good dead rubber games at the end of last season and people think hes a world beater.

Clearly isn't taking on Clements instructions, there is a reason he was shipped out at mid table Norwich.

I’m not a huge Cantwell fan and I think today proves that PC isn’t either. If you’re not getting in today team then I think the writing is on the wall.

In my opinion, we could do better.

I’m not a huge Cantwell fan and I think today proves that PC isn’t either. If you’re not getting in today team then I think the writing is on the wall.

Today was Clement cutting his nose off to spite his face though. He should have came on as a sub in the second half. Clement has been starting him every week so why decide today is the day to make a point and not play him?

I wouldn't have started with a number 10 at all but the fact he did and thought Lawrence was the man for that job was mental, especially after the Ibrox game.

Did cantwell not post some cryptic message on social media through the week about being a caged bird or something like that?

Unfortunately I think he would have been just as anonymous as the majority of the players we had on the pitch today.
If he started he would have been sent off before Lundstram
On his game he is what we need but it needs to better than 1 in 4( being kind)

I don't agree with those saying Cantwell is pish.
The boy has talent and although he is inconsistent has shown in spells he can clearly play.
He's not had a great season tbf, but I think you'd see a more positionally disciplined and consistent player with better quality around him.
You think we should keep him on bench this season and get him into the team once we sign players who match his style next season FR ?

I like his talent but i can also see the other side of this analysis and who the sort of fella he is coming into the managers assessment of whether he should be in the team or even at the club .

I always go with the most important persons view in the end and that will always be the manager

Last edited:

Better option in that game than McAusland though.

His not so cryptic song lyric post was not what we needed in the lead up to a must win title decider. He needs to grow up.

You think we should keep him on bench this season and get him into the team once we sign players who match his style next season FR ?
I think he should be playing now. I know he has his faults, but I think if he had better around him and he wasn't running around having to chase the ball to get on it, we'd see a better version of him.

Cantwell isn't as good as he thinks he is ffs he's been at Everton and Norwich City and done nothing of note at them and has only shown flashes of what he is capable of with us .

He's the last player you want playing in an old firm, too busy doing stepovers and stupid flicks it's not the type of game for that

He should be sold in the summer.

We have had enough players who play well once every 4 or 5 games.

Last edited:
I don´t think Clement has ever taken to Cantwell and I can see why. I think ,well more hope, that Clement will sign the right kind of player mentality wise next season and I think he is annoyed by some of Cantwell´s off field hobbies.

I don´t think Clement has ever taken to Cantwell and I can see why. I think ,well more hope, that Clement will sign the right kind of player mentality wise next season and I think he is annoyed by some of Cantwell´s off field hobbies.
Hobbies? Is he into knitting or what ?

Think Cantwells post on insta will be the end of his Rangers career.
He’s talked a good game but not delivered anything of note in these games that matter.
The fact he didn’t come off the bench today when we were chasing a goal speaks volumes I think.

Out of our midfielders the manager doesn't seem to rate Cantwell or Raskin,Lundstram is going so do you think he will let Cantwell and Raskin go along with Lundstram and bring in almost a new midfield or will he persevere with them?

Out of our midfielders the manager doesn't seem to rate Cantwell or Raskin,Lundstram is going so do you think he will let Cantwell and Raskin go along with Lundstram and bring in almost a new midfield or will he persevere with them?
Along with Lundstram, Cantwell, Lawrence and Dowell can go and we won't miss any of them.

Back