Tom Boyd being investigated by Compliance Officer

The Scottish FA compliance officer is to investigate comments made by former Celtic captain Tom Boyd about John Beaton during Saturday's League Cup win against match against Dunfermline.
Commentating for CelticTV, the club ambassador criticised the referee for not awarding the hosts a penalty.
"If he doesn't know that's a penalty he should not be in the middle of the park refereeing a football game," Boyd said.
"He'll probably be welcomed down his pub tonight again."
Holders Celtic beat Dunfermline 2-1 in extra-time and during half-time of the additional 30-minute period, Boyd commented further on Beaton's decision not to give the hosts a spot-kick for handball.
"Old law, new law, no matter what kind of law, that is a penalty," he said. "How John Beaton hasn't given that... we've seen it before from referees like this. John Beaton not giving us penalty, absolutely stunning decision… standing alone there, I wonder what his thoughts are.
"I'm mystified… I'm not mystified. John Beaton as though it was a pre-meditated decision not to give that penalty because it was so late in the game, I'm not sure.
"It's come off his arm. Regardless of players down or whatever, he's not given a drop ball. So he's seen it hit the hand of the Dunfermline player and it should be a penalty. Outrageous decision from John Beaton.
"We've not played well, but once again a decision from a referee may cost us in this game, hopefully we'll go on and beat not the 10 men, not the 11 men of Dunfermline, but the 12 men."
The Compliance Officer is to investigate the nature of the comments.
Boyd played for Celtic between 1992 and 2003, winning eight trophies, and was capped 72 times by Scotland.

From the BBC

Not much to investigate. He said it during a live and recorded broadcast. Charge him and get on with punishing him today. The reality is the SFA will continue with the pretend process for Celtic employees and announce they’ll be taking no action in a few weeks after the old firm game when people are past caring

At best they'll issue them with a warning about views like this being aired on the official club tv, but I'd be surprised if it even went that far

Laughing stock Scotland will have to act, Celtic ambassador brings game into disrepute! Don't hold your breath, no limit to what they can do or say, without retribution.

If she doesn't, we might be heading for another strike

If this is what they're like after a home game against a lower league team (and at th start of the season), imagine the New Year's game if we open up a lead

If we are leading the league this season the "its aw ra refs fault" pish will go into overdrive like never before.

And the media will gladly run with it.

Aye very good.

Legos elbowed his way through the last 3 seasons and had a shocker of a tackle on candyman at Ibrox yet gets nothing.

tadger boyd says something naughty on the tele and is pulled up for it.

How about actually punishing the mentally challenged players instead of their co-commentators.

Says volumes for the kind of club Celtic are that they haven’t taken pre-emptive action and stood Boyd down from future gigs.

Embarrassing beyond belief a guy could accuse a ref of cheating in a home cup tie against a lower league side

Dont know his role at Parkhead (if any official) but if he is acting in any role there he should be punished although it would be hard to see what his punishment could be.

So it's an issue for Celtic TV then isn't it for puting it out?

Wouldn't this also fall under ofcom rules as well then for not immediately redacting the statement on Celtic TV? Im sure football TV channels come under there rules

Back