Tom Conspiracy Boyd (todays Record)

Desert Loyal

Tom Boyd has been ridiculed for his loaded comment aimed at referee John Beaton during a live TV broadcast.
The former Celtic star, who also works as an ambassador for the Parkhead club, was on commentary duty on the club's own channel during the nervy 2-1 Betfred Cup win over Dunfermline.
And the former Scotland international caused controversy as he appeared to question the integrity of the man in the middle after he waved away a Celtic penalty appeal during extra time.
He said live on air: "What does John Beaton not know about the new rules?
"If he doesn't know that's a penalty he shouldn't be in the middle of a park refereeing a football game.
"He probably will come down his pub again."
Boyd's snipe aimed at the whistler is in relation to an allegation the official allegedly visited the Crown Bar, Bellshill, in the aftermath of Rangers' 1-0 win over Celtic that Beaton refereed.
And his comments have caused controversy with supporters taking the 53-year-old to task after his outburst.
Motown Jack said: "Celtic have recently won the treble Treble.
"They hoover up literally every domestic trophy available and Mr Tom Boyd genuinely believes there is a nationwide conspiracy with the sole intention of stopping Celtic winning football matches."
Stephen Connolly said: "Joking aside. Real Celtic fans must cringe at Tom Boyd."
Davy Clark added: "Does Tom Boyd ever take that tin foil hat off. Absolute space cadet."
But Sean Karte had a different view: "Tom Boyd should be the Celtic manager"

I watched this yesterday (tin hat on) and as well as sounding punch drunk like he has headered far to many footballs, the conspiracy chat was unbelievable and there was way worse than what has been quoted. It really is ingrained in that club like a cancer that that somehow the world want's them to lose. Some folk slag of Tom Miller on RTV but compared to that lot we are a class above.

Tom Boyd appeared in a film made by the lunatic fringe of the Celtic support, alleging that there is an actual masonic/orange conspiracy within the SFA to bring them down. This film was filmed inside Celtic Park. I really wouldn't expect anything less from him. I still wonder why none of the guys smeared in it haven't taken them to court.

There was a few times when I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Neither wonder they have such victimhood when that is your ambasador. "He decided not to give Celtic the penalty before it happened" was one .
According to what was posted on here, he said "We are playing against 12 men, but it's nothing new, Celtc play against 12 men every week."

That’s far worse than saying he will be at the pub. Maybe I’m looking to much into it but even negative stories about them are watered down. And I’m sure he said something about being bought pints at the pub.

It was quite the rant. Can’t mind the full thing. He sounded genuinely annoyed. The words ‘ridiculous, pathetic, unbelievable, deluded’ were used.

Also that TB said ‘it was already decided before the game that cellic wouldn’t get a pen’
Thanks mate.

There was a few times when I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Neither wonder they have such victimhood when that is your ambasador. "He decided not to give Celtic the penalty before it happened" was one .

I haven’t seen it, was it a penalty?

Well that's been heavily edited by the daily record, he said much more than that.
Even when quoting someone they can't help but lie.

Tom Boyd appeared in a film made by the lunatic fringe of the Celtic support, alleging that there is an actual masonic/orange conspiracy within the SFA to bring them down. This film was filmed inside Celtic Park. I really wouldn't expect anything less from him. I still wonder why none of the guys smeared in it haven't taken them to court.
And the club still haven't been charged with bringing the game into disrepute?

That’s funny, I listened to a bit of the extra time on Radio Scotland, the commentator, Neil McCann and ex Celtic player Pat Bonner all thought it wasn’t a penalty. They all said that the keeper came out, punched the ball away and then collided with the Celtic player.

That club probably endorses it. Always the victim, just like how they let someone film a movie at their stadium about how they're always being cheated by referees and the higher ups

Back