Tom Lawrence

Think he's more effective centrally than he is out wide.

Can we get him and Tillman in the same team without one of them needing to play as a winger ?
I agree play him in behind Colak attacking central midfield.
That's where he started yesterday with some movement at times to the left.
If he is a success I think that he will have Davis number 10 Jersey next season.
The match programme for yesterday's Killlie game, with a feature on him gives a clear indication of how the club views him.

" The attacking midfielder already feels at home......"

This is from an article that talks about his role change at Derby County by Rooney. Aug 21.
Im no good with links but it's easily found.

"In the 14 games that Lawrence featured as an attacking midfielder, he scored six goals and recorded six assists, with a goal contribution every 105 minutes. This is by far the best form of his career, and this seems to have inspired Rooney into changing Lawrence's role for the Rams"

This was a period when he played for Ipswich Town. So there's no need as some claim to teach an old dog new tricks.

"

I thought him and the rest of the midfielders were poor today.
Allowed Kilmarnock to dominate the middle of the park for large spells in the 2nd half.
This is a wind up right??
Lawrence had a good game first and second half, takes up some good positions and always looking to make things happen, personally I think he's a very good signing together with Tillman who when he gets match fit will be a level above, I'm glad you don't sit beside me at the stadium that's for sure

This is a wind up right??
Lawrence had a good game first and second half, takes up some good positions and always looking to make things happen, personally I think he's a very good signing together with Tillman who when he gets match fit will be a level above, I'm glad you don't sit beside me at the stadium that's for sure

Throw in Davis & Lundstram & that was, for me, our best 4 players on the day.

The one I noticed with Lawrence taking shots out the box that Davi’s who was good was willing to try a shot from out the box aswell

I thought him and the rest of the midfielders were poor today.
Allowed Kilmarnock to dominate the middle of the park for large spells in the 2nd half.

How do you dominate the midfield, without creating a single chance in the whole game and having about 25% posession?

Kilmarnock dominated nothing and their midfield consistently conceded posession to us..

McInnes had Killie well organised defensively, but at no point did they ever dominate the midfield.

Last edited:
We have to live with the fact that he's a positive player but with that comes passes which won't come off or some shots that will fly over but he'll contribute I have no doubts about it he'll be in double figures over the course of a season for us

Thought he was excellent. Direct player and looks like he has loads of time on the ball, which is always a good sign. Will score a few screamers.

Back