Tom Lawrence

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Dear oh dear.

The last OF game completely passed Lawrence by and he shouldn’t have played today.

I don’t mind players being injured and out for a period and losing legs or whatever.

But what I can’t stand is players not giving their all or letting players run off them and walking back to defend at times.

Championship jobber with a terrible attitude.

I don't know whether it was an unwillingness to track, or just he isn't physically capable anymore. Either way, was absolutely miles off it, which isn't remotely surprising given his last old firm performance or any of his performances over the last while. Looks completely done. Reminds me of Kranjcar actually, capable of moments but physically incapable of dominating a game.

His recent performances have in the main been very poor. However it's hard to know how the injury has affected him. In the early part of last season, he was excellent particularly in the CL qualifiers against PSV and had scored a few goals before getting hurt.
I'm sure I'm in a minority but I think there's something there to persevere with in the early part of next season. If no improvement, we can look to move him on next January.

Dear oh dear.

The last OF game completely passed Lawrence by and he shouldn’t have played today.

I don’t mind players being injured and out for a period and losing legs or whatever.

But what I can’t stand is players not giving their all or letting players run off them and walking back to defend at times.

Lawrence was a ridiculous selection today. He offers nothing against this lot and today was no exception.

Dear oh dear.

Chance to shoot just before they scored. He shat the bed.

The main issue in the first half today. Lawrence against McGregor was a total mismatch. Hard not to blame the manager for this, it was obvious after 10 minutes what was happening.

The really big concern here is that Clement detailed this guy to sit on McGregor and stop him from dictating play.
It didn’t work.

This was both at the sacrifice of Cantwell offering us something more in terms of creativity and Sterling probably doing that job a lot more effectively.

Right now, Clement looks worryingly bereft of ideas how he halts this utterly lamentable run against them.

When you look at some of our signings and theirs. We take Lawrence and I do t k so if he’s any different due to the long injury, but they get O’Riley from MK Dons I think and he’s been excellent for them. Be the next one they’re punting for big fees. We really need to sort our recruitment out!

I was balling at the TV due to him not tracking back and this was early on. A complete waste of a jersey who should not have started today. I thought it was similar to Dowell coming on in the last OF. Another strange decision by Clement.

Physically he’s finished and should be moved on.

Of course we’ll be paying him comparative mega money to what he could get elsewhere so he’ll end up sitting at home picking up money for nothing while his contract runs down, that’s just what we do.

Biggest offender in these games is Tav, but yes Lawrence is crap also,unbelievable our manager went with the same old tired shite
It’s a thread about Lawrence and you manage to squeeze in a negative remark about Tav.

Is it Tav’s fault that Lawrence can’t run the length of himself or that Clement thinks he’s capable of starting in a no. 10 role in an OF?

Dear oh dear.

Manager shouldn’t of started him it’s a as simple as that.

Dear oh dear.

Picking Lawrence to start was as bizarre a starting line up decision as we've seen in months, and we've seen dozens of absolute shockers

I don’t get what he’s supposed to offer

Yes he scored a good goal last weekend v Killie but today he was garbage

Same as last OF game

Hope we can move him on in the summer

I don’t rate him and since his injury he hasn’t offered too much so I’d move him on

Back