Tom Lawrence

He’s one of the most overhyped players I can remember playing for us, he’s garbage but somehow had a fan club amongst the support.

Dear oh dear.

The last OF game completely passed Lawrence by and he shouldn’t have played today.

I don’t mind players being injured and out for a period and losing legs or whatever.

But what I can’t stand is players not giving their all or letting players run off them and walking back to defend at times.

Championship jobber with a terrible attitude.
I watched him slowly jogging back to defend innumerable times today while the bheast was on the attack and it made my blood boil. If we had Ian Ferguson in that dressing room today he would have had Lawrence and quite a few others by the throat. Shameful.

He's a tidy enough footballer but that game today was played at a pace and intensity that he's simply not capable of performing in.

A mind blowingly crazy decision to play him today. Made even more baffling by the fact that we all watched the prequel at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago. That's on Clement and nobody else.

We were playing with 10 men from the start, he offered absolutely nothing and that's on the Manager.
What a load of rubbish.The manager was down to the bare bones of a squad and had few options.In an OF game there is nothing to choose between Lawrence and Cantwell. Neither are good enough.

I've said it before. The guys legs have gone. Couldn't believe its when I saw the line up today. Have never doubted the manager, but why play the slowest least mobile midfielder we have, against the most high tempo midfield we shall play ???

His recent performances have in the main been very poor. However it's hard to know how the injury has affected him. In the early part of last season, he was excellent particularly in the CL qualifiers against PSV and had scored a few goals before getting hurt.
I'm sure I'm in a minority but I think there's something there to persevere with in the early part of next season. If no improvement, we can look to move him on next January.
You are in the minority, he's absolutely shite. Has contributed pretty much zero and should be one of the first out the door.

Maybe he lost all the feeling in his legs when he wrapped himself around a lamppost.

Certainly fucking plays like it.

When there were lots on here saying Lawrence should be a starter I strongly disagreed and said he was a 30 minute man these days and would only be effective as a late sub when opposing players were tired and lost pace and energy. Today would have been ideal for him as Celtic’s midfield and forward players were dead on their feet after 75 minutes. When Raskin came on he dominated them. That is the fourth game this season where they have been hanging on. We need to be smarter.

Jogging about for 60 minutes while contributing %^*& all.

At the start of the move for their first goal he literally stood still like a vegetable while 2 mentally challengeds a few yards in front of him passed the ball between each other.

Not saying the goal was his fault but it sums up his complete lack of effort.

He'll probably get the chance to make amends again when he lines up in the final.

Fkn useless.
Just demonstrates how far we have fallen when he starts an OF game and offers %^*& all.
No pride and no passion. Get him tae fk.

Very interested to hear what the individual incidents that Lawrence apparently let us down in were. His pass to Silva was pivotal in getting us our goal. If people were expecting him to be glued to McGregor or any other Tim player and to have shut down any and every pass than I’m afraid that was unrealistic.

I'm sure when he signed he had a reputation as a bit of a hothead. Can't remember seeing any of that up here.

His injury wrecked whatever legs he had.

Can’t keep up with the pace of an average league game never mind an old firm.

20/30 minute cameos all he can do now and maybe the odd goal.

Fed up with Rangers players that are Physically inferior. Slow and weak
Especially after the manager initially talked a lot about fitness

Was he trying t prove a point to the board? Terrible decision to play lawrence from the start.

I watched him slowly jogging back to defend innumerable times today while the bheast was on the attack and it made my blood boil. If we had Ian Ferguson in that dressing room today he would have had Lawrence and quite a few others by the throat. Shameful.

Oh how I wish we had Ian Ferguson playing for us today. Exactly the type of player that we need.

Thought he'd have been an excellent signing, he's been horrific! A terrible decision to start him today

Trouble is we sign English championship level players hoping for world beaters and in reality due to x,y and z 90% turn out Scottish championship level.

Our recruitment has become worse than unacceptable.

Wasn't happy with him being brought in in the first place following the drunk driving crash/fleeing the scene incident.

Doesn't speak to a good character

The chance he gets at 0-0 on the edge of the box and looks to pass it sums our teams mentality up. Pass the buck and ask someone else to do it. In fact it was possibly Tav he tried to pass to which is another issue with our squad - it’s choked full of people who defer to the ‘leadership group’ on the pitch.

Fed up with Rangers players that are Physically inferior. Slow and weak
Agreed. Every Rangers manager should be shown a list of minimum requirements on day one at Ibrox. Fittest, Strongest, Hungriest players to take the field in Scotland.

But at least Cantwell puts the effort in, albeit not the required standard.
Cantwell huffs and puffs and often, against them, he can't even muster that. The pair of them amply demonstrate the limitations of our squad. I hope to see at least 10 of them.out the door in the summer. Given that scale of dross in our squad I think Clement has worked wonders to maintain a challenge as long as he did.

when he first came up before his first big injury he really hit the ground running and i thought we had won a watch

after that first injury when he came back i've not saw a sniff of the same player that I thought he was/had potential to be, just totally fell away and in honesty would be happy to get rid in teh summer at this stage but doubtful anyone will take him

seems to be another player made outta glass/ceramic that has a few games then ends up back in the physio room it feels like

getting to the point im no even sure i want Roofe warming up as we might aswell get all the mins we can out of him on the pitch, any other min he spends running about is wasted as you just know hes one sharp turn away from another few months out

Really poor decision to play him. Just don't get what the manager is seeing there. I was even more shocked to see him come out for the start of the second half. A midfield of Lawrence and Dio whilst down to ten men!

I suppose if nothing else it makes it clear what the manager thinks of Raskin and Cantwell.

Very interested to hear what the individual incidents that Lawrence apparently let us down in were. His pass to Silva was pivotal in getting us our goal. If people were expecting him to be glued to McGregor or any other Tim player and to have shut down any and every pass than I’m afraid that was unrealistic.
I'll tell you where he let us down. Watch their first goal today. Lawrence is four yards off mcgregor who eventually sets up the scorer. And there's plenty more examples from this imposter wearing our number eleven shirt.

Should be first out the door in the summer

Imposter
I disagree. Lundstram should be the first out the door. In fact he should have been out the door 2 years ago. I do agree Lawrence has totally disappointed, when he first came in he looked really good,, not the guy who is in the team now.

More fitter he has got, the worse he been, Cantwell should have been there, but chose to hit social media, maybe he knew what he was doing.

He was useless, I feel like Cantwell must have had some sort of falling out with Clement to be sitting on the bench for the entire 90 while someone like Lawrence starts.

Dear oh dear.

The last OF game completely passed Lawrence by and he shouldn’t have played today.

I don’t mind players being injured and out for a period and losing legs or whatever.

But what I can’t stand is players not giving their all or letting players run off them and walking back to defend at times.

Championship jobber with a terrible attitude.
He’s always the same yet the manager continues to play him, however it’s not PC fault, nope not hearing any of that.

Hard to believe Clement started him again after his performance vs them at Ibrox
A lot of the things clement says and does are hard to believe but yeah he bizarrely chose Lawrence to start another game of this magnitude, it’s almost as if the manger doesn’t quite realise how much these games matter and are unlike anything else….funny that?

What a load of rubbish.The manager was down to the bare bones of a squad and had few options.In an OF game there is nothing to choose between Lawrence and Cantwell. Neither are good enough
Explain why it's rubbish then, Lawrence contributed even less, if that's possible, than he did in his last OF outing, a complete waste of a jersey, again.

He’s not good enough to play thee games. His role in the squad should be to provide sub support / cover against the lower teams in the league, where he’s enough technique to be effective. For me, that’s a squad role we should aim to utilise youth players for.

Clement’s decision to start him, and not to sub him as soon as the red card was shown, was fucking mental! Even without the red he should have been told to hit the showers at half time.

Injuries seem to have ruined him. Sad, but happens and wrong side of 30.

No pace and stamina.

Only a year left, so take what we can get or at least a loan to cover some of his wages and move on.

Back