Tonali being investigated by the FA for a further 50 betting allegations

Would be some laugh if the charges relate to the last few months when he’s already been banned.
50 matches from when he signed until October time.

Personally feel it's a bit harsh when he's already serving a punishment and getting help for it however

Couple of things on this ( and I'm talking from a place of a gambling addict)

1- the guy obviously has a problem instead of punishing him (unless he's betting on games he can influence) then help him

2- the hypocrisy in football is staggering, everything is gambling related, sponsorship, adverts etc

It is very simple though - you cannot bet on Football, it could not be clearer.

The main message for players is: 'You are not allowed to place ANY bet on ANY football, ANYWHERE'.

This covers any football match or competition, wherever it is played in the world. You cannot bet on any global football market at any level, even on aspects that aren't related to gameplay, for example the next manager of a club.

1- the guy obviously has a problem instead of punishing him (unless he's betting on games he can influence) then help him

2- the hypocrisy in football is staggering, everything is gambling related, sponsorship, adverts etc
He can he helped and 'punished'

- Can't have players betting on games

- Can't have players not getting the help they need

Both help and punishment can be issued

The main message for players is: 'You are not allowed to place ANY bet on ANY football, ANYWHERE'.

This covers any football match or competition, wherever it is played in the world. You cannot bet on any global football market at any level, even on aspects that aren't related to gameplay, for example the next manager of a club.

There are some people who can't help it (addiction)

So as well as punishment they should be helped with an addiction program

I kind of agree with not betting on games not involving the player, however they may have a mate that plays in another team and knows the star man is injured so can bet against that team.

However, it’s so hypocritical that there are so many betting sponsors of football.

There are some people who can't help it (addiction)

So as well as punishment they should be helped with an addiction program

I know mate I work in the industry.

People will start appearing saying what damage is he doing betting on a match he has no involvement in etc... anyone with a bit of insight knows what it can lead to.

It's a bampot rule.

Surely he has served his punishment come August, when his original ban is up? Anything else should be a suspended ban and he should have to attend support meetings for those addicted to gambling.

Brilliant point.

Folk who think footballers should be allowed to bet on football matches so long as it's not against their own team are very naive at how easily it would be to arrange things amongst former team mates and friends.

Isn’t really. He may not be playing in those games he’s betting on but what if he knows players that are, surely open to spot fixing.
Folk who think footballers should be allowed to bet on football matches so long as it's not against their own team are very naive at how easily it would be to arrange things amongst former team mates and friends.

Just knowing a player is out injured means you can make money as well before the match has started, naive a good way to describe it.

Not at all, like I say above anyone with insight in to betting and football can understand it.

I see it in black and white.

If you are a footballer and you bet against your own team, you should be sacked. End of.

The notion that you can't have a bet on football played in other countries, just seems ridiculous to me.

However, as I've said, all you have to do is send a pal into the bookies to do the bet on your behalf.

So what is the point?

I see it in black and white.

If you are a footballer and you bet against your own team, you should be sacked. End of.

The notion that you can't have a bet on football played in other countries, just seems ridiculous to me.

However, as I've said, all you have to do is send a pal into the bookies to do the bet in your behalf.

So what is the point?

These guys won't be betting 10 quid on over 2.5 in Banfield v Lanus.

It straight and simple, plenty of players know folk all over the world - this morning we have had a dodgy match in Brazil. Small place now the world with the internet, you'll be surprised how quick info spreads and those with it have a lot of power.

These guys won't be betting 10 quid on over 2.5 in Banfield v Lanus.

I get that.

So the bookie either takes the bet or doesn't.

Southampton, have fecked me up over the last month at home. Big deal.

The notion that a footballer elsewhere having a bet influences that just doesn't fly for me.

I get that.

So the bookie either takes the bet or doesn't.

Southampton, have fecked me up over the last month at home. Big deal.

The notion that a footballer elsewhere having a bet influences that just doesn't fly for me.

No idea what point you are making there mate. As I said just having team news is great info, you can lock in a profit before the match starts if you have good info and can get on before the market moves - insider trading basically, plenty have been sacked for using it over the years at firms.

Intrigued to actually see what comes of this. Harry Toffolo got 5 months suspended earlier in the season after having been charged with 375 breaches of the rules.

No idea what point you are making there mate. As I said just having team news is great info, you can lock in a profit before the match starts if you have good info and can get on before the market moves - insider trading basically, plenty have been sacked for using it over the years at firms.

I'll need to take your word for this.

Do you have Tonalli's phone number by chance? :cool:

I'm away to put a line on.

Just knowing a player is out injured means you can make money as well before the match has started, naive a good way to describe it.
What about officials what does business say when Clancy gets an OF match bcz to me he has found ways to massively impact that fixture

who would bet rangers or even rangers to get first goal with that guy in charge we even have an instance where he disbarred VAR goal check and disallowed a Morelos opener

What about officials what does business say when Clancy gets an OF match bcz to me he has found ways to massively impact that fixture

who would bet rangers or even rangers to get first goal with that guy in charge we even have an instance where he disbarred VAR goal check and disallowed a Morelos opener

Hard read that but there probably are some folk who think the VAR guys should be allowed to bet on Football as well!

I'll need to take your word for this.

Do you have Tonalli's phone number by chance? :cool:

I'm away to put a line on.

You may find this a decent read:

Insider trading is not explicitly mentioned in the rules of football, but it is widely regarded as a form of cheating that could potentially influence the outcome of a match. Insider trading refers to the use of non-public information to gain an advantage in betting or other financial activities.

In football, insider trading could involve a player, coach, or other official using confidential information, such as team news, injuries, or other details about the match, to place bets on the outcome of the game. This could potentially give them an unfair advantage and compromise the integrity of the game.

Like I said earlier anyone with an insight in to Football and betting will understand the rule.

The guy clearly has a pretty serious addiction.
I guess those of us who haven’t suffered from addiction can’t really appreciate that it impacts rational decision making.

Back