Tonight’s red card call and how they arrived at it

Hand on heart if we score the pen this thread is full of us saying Jack was daft. It doesn’t matter how much you get baited we can’t react, he kicked out.. it was a pathetic swipe but Broadfoot absolutely fished for it. Ryan has got to be so much smarter now. If he’s on the park they don’t walk right through for the equaliser.
Except he didn’t kick out and even if we won, I’d still be raising the same question

Fan video from the Copland shows the incident far clearer. He did not kick out, he withdrew his foot from under Broadfoots studs

Who needs enemies eh

I didn’t see him kick out, club foot was standing on his feet and he was reacting to that he then shoved him in the chest

I saw the ref raise his yellow card 3 times during the melee, could it be possible he booked both players then issued a second to jack possibly for saying something to him and he didn’t realise he’d been booked twice and never left the field of play hence the 4th official bringing it to the refs attention and having him sent from the field.

I’m fed up with this threads about referees tbh.

I get that the decision tonight was stupid and I completely agree with those that say we’ve been on the end of some ridiculous decision making from officials this season but ffs, demanding the club do something every single time a decision goes against us is just ridiculous.
Ask Celtic how ridiculous it is. They seem to be benefiting.

I get that the decision tonight was stupid and I completely agree with those that say we’ve been on the end of some ridiculous decision making from officials this season but ffs, demanding the club do something every single time a decision goes against us is just ridiculous.

Thats the stuff - just roll over and accept it all. Officials are just making up the rules where we are concerned now.

Hand on heart if we score the pen this thread is full of us saying Jack was daft. It doesn’t matter how much you get baited we can’t react, he kicked out.. it was a pathetic swipe but Broadfoot absolutely fished for it. Ryan has got to be so much smarter now. If he’s on the park they don’t walk right through for the equaliser.
That isn't the case though.
We've had these threads this season after winning at Motherwell, Ross County and St Johnstone.
To say it's only a reaction to a bad result is insulting.
We are on the receiving end of these decisions just about every game now.
If the ref had sent Jack off then this thread is about his stupidity.
The ad-hoc make it up as we go along nature of the red card should rightly be discussed.
I'll be happy to be proved wrong though, I'm sure there are plenty of examples of a 4th official wandering onto the pitch to overrule a referees decision.......

Broadfoot was winding Jack up looking for a reaction.

After having his feet stood on several times, Jack makes a head butt motion to Broadfoot and pushes him away. Doesn't touch him with his head but kirk goes down like a tonne of bricks holding his face. Funny thing is he seemed fine enough to chase the ref when Jack only got a yellow.

Jack was an idiot for what he did and probably deserved a red card. But the main clown sorted it out with a yellow. It's obvious that the 4th clown had access to a tv monitor and let the main clown know it should have been red. Now as it's been pointed out replays cannot be used and I highly doubt the 4th clown saw the whole incident. We should appeal the red card but won't. The compliance officer canny get involved as it has been dealt with albeit by the clowns. The ringmasters will banish the main clown to the lower divisions for a week or two to make it look like they are in control.

So am I but are you going to tell us where we can get any unbiased ,uncorrupt,cheat free officials from as that's the only way these threads will disappear.

That isn't the case though.
We've had these threads this season after winning at Motherwell, Ross County and St Johnstone.
To say it's only a reaction to a bad result is insulting.
We are on the receiving end of these decisions just about every game now.
If the ref had sent Jack off then this thread is about his stupidity.
The ad-hoc make it up as we go along nature of the red card should rightly be discussed.
I'll be happy to be proved wrong though, I'm sure there are plenty of examples of a 4th official wandering onto the pitch to overrule a referees decision.......
Bang on the money with this, I reckon in our games so far there have been an average of 3 ludicrous decisions per game that have gone against us.

We’ve literally released a statement yesterday.

Do we just put one out after every game?
If that is what it takes to get fair treatment then yes. We have been the victims of shameful treatment at the hands of officials this season. Rangers are being cheated and it cannot continue.

The sectarian employment policy surrounding the Compliance Officer also must be called out and rectified.

It was a red card. Jack was an idiot. End of. We are starting to sound like them. The ref made a mistake and corrected it.
It was not the reason we missed a penalty or win a game.
The big picture is the lack of leadership on and off the pitch.

No it Wasn't a red, he purposely stood on his toes, Jack lifted his leg and pushed him, rightly so earning both of them a booking.

how it changed to a Red is the matter here.and who decided that.

It was a red card. Jack was an idiot. End of. We are starting to sound like them. The ref made a mistake and corrected it.
It was not the reason we missed a penalty or win a game.
The big picture is the lack of leadership on and off the pitch.
The ref made a mistake and corrected it?

I know you've already imagined two yellow cards for Jack but did the other 48000 of us imagine the 4th official walking onto the pitch to decide it was a red card?

I don’t know to be honest mate, I can’t see any other logical explanation given the length of time that was taken though.
Your initial post is inaccurate then as you are only guessing.

I'm not aware of a monitor being to hand on the touchline, especially if the game is not televised live.

So has jack now had a yellow card & a straight red card as well, For the same offence.

Fk i canny keep up wi the clusterfck that is SCOTTISH REFEREEING.

SFA... CORRUPT TO THE CORE.
He's not had both cards. He was booked but on the advice of the 4th Official the referee has shown a red card. The original yellow will not go on his disciplinary record.

from my seat, it was clear the ref was speaking into his mic as he was walking over to give jack the red card. it now seems rhis country has adopted the video ref technology without letting anyone know. or maybe its just for us.how many times over the years have uttered phrase "if we accept this then its open season on rangers".
they just keep coming out with something new. as an aside, we should also be asking why muir didnt play the allocated stoppage time.

from my seat, it was clear the ref was speaking into his mic as he was walking over to give jack the red card. it now seems rhis country has adopted the video ref technology without letting anyone know. or maybe its just for us.how many times over the years have uttered phrase "if we accept this then its open season on rangers".
they just keep coming out with something new. as an aside, we should also be asking why muir didnt play the allocated stoppage time.
Where is the proof that TV evidence was used?

Where is the proof that TV evidence was used?

There's none. People using it as the rational behind the time that it took to reverse the decision.

Just a thought but perhaps someone had Rangers TV on their phone (You tube) and showed him it?

The fourth official made the decision, he was on the pitch getting the refs attention.

I would like to know why the fourth officials have not intervened on many of our games after all what are these bastards there for? Keeping the managers separated, is that all?

Proof that TV evidence was used , there was no proof TV evidence was used when stv had souness in the tunnel when under a dugout ban .
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here? Souness was banned from the tunnel under his ban and it was shown the next by Scotsport. That is evident. The SFA then decided that the matche delegate had included it in his report without tv evidence. Dubious but not entirely impossible.

People are suggesting that the 4th official acted after viewing a replay before passing his opinion on to the ref. All I'm asking is where is that evidence.

He may have done so (I doubt it) but there is no evidence to back up this claim.

Strange that fourth official sees something from halfway line that ref could not see from a couple of yards away.Strange that fourth official saw nothing wrong with flying elbows on Sunday.Strange that fourth official on Sunday was referee last night.Is he blind? Still they have plenty of time to concoct a story regarding Jack.

A team like Rangers who try and play football in a league full of hammer throwers will never get the decisions. It’s to ingrained in the refs to let the game play on, even English refs now are starting to take to the continental way and we are left behind as usual

Kilmarnock probably played better football than us

Except he didn’t kick out and even if we won, I’d still be raising the same question

Fan video from the Copland shows the incident far clearer. He did not kick out, he withdrew his foot from under Broadfoots studs

Who needs enemies eh
You are correct, I hadn’t saw that video until this morning. Broadfoot is a stain on our history.

I think Ryan Jack alone has more booking points than the entire Celtic team so far this season, he's not even been that dirty f f s.

To think 2 of his 3 reds (already) have been for incidents that have been brought on by opposition players trying to goad him.

He is already a target for refs and he is an easy scapegoat for them as he continues to get involved in stupid incidents, he needs to learn when to walk away.

We as a team are being subjected to some very spurious decisions lately. The club needs to take this as far as possible or we will always be judged differently to all other clubs. This makes the whole league look corrupt.

Compare and contrast Jack on Garner last season at Pittodrie where he made the headbut movement to Garner who fell holding his face.
To a man on TV it was Garner who was in the wrong and there was no sending off.
For me the is a reasonable barometer of the application of refereeing standards depending on the colour of your jersey.

Just watched the whole thing on the RTV highlights.

It simply beggars belief that he has sent him off.

It's absolute nonsense.

We are officiated to a different standard. There's no doubts.

When a Killie player can injure one of our players going through the back of him with no chance of winning the ball you have no chance of a fair shake. None.

Just watched the whole thing on the RTV highlights.

It simply beggars belief that he has sent him off.

It's absolute nonsense.

We are officiated to a different standard. There's no doubts.

When a Killie player can injure one of our players going through the back of him with no chance of winning the ball you have no chance of a fair shake. None.

The fact that he wasnt booked for the foul is even more galling when you see him being booked for hauling Morelos back when we were in a promising attacking position.
If he is already booked would he have fouled Morelos?

Strange that fourth official sees something from halfway line that ref could not see from a couple of yards away.Strange that fourth official saw nothing wrong with flying elbows on Sunday.Strange that fourth official on Sunday was referee last night.Is he blind? Still they have plenty of time to concoct a story regarding Jack.

I'd say that the referee never saw the start of the incident & he's turned to see or got word from the 4th official, Jack shoving that lady's front bottom broadfoot

No one is saying every single time a decision goes against us. But these are blatantly biased decisions that affect us not only at the time but in the future, you do know we are now without a recognised central defensive pairing for Saturday. An explanation of why similar incidents involving other teams are treated differently to us would at least be a start, clarification if you like!

Can anyone confirm if the penalty arose from a by-kick?

If so then it shouldn`t have even been a penalty, therefor the whole incident doesn`t happen.

Not only did the 4th official intervene (even though the ref had a much better view of the incident), but the ref then failed to play the correct amount of stoppage time.

Who needs enemies eh

Indeed.
I would fight this all the way, I would fight it with tooth nail and spit.
I would never surrender. :confused:

It was a defensive push under persistent provocation, I wish he hadn't done it, but that was all it was.
He did nothing else.
Fight this with venom.

The club need to highlight every incident that has gone against and demand an investigation into:

Why it's always us

Why are officials seeing things that didn't happen

the role of the McGlennan

Why are players involved in " red card " incidents not being held to the same standard as Rangers players

etc.

The club need to highlight every incident that has gone against and demand an investigation into:

Why it's always us

Why are officials seeing things that didn't happen

the role of the McGlennan

Why are players involved in " red card " incidents not being held to the same standard as Rangers players

etc.

Great point but we won't do anything just the Same as all the bluster about Alves,
We should have been armed with a dossier and a lawyer.

Back