Tonight’s referee

I thought that, overall, the ref was okay. A couple of dodgy decisions but he doesn't have the benefit of the replay.

He did what the referee in Porto didn’t do, refusing to blow every time the wind blew over an opponent.

Thought he was terrible first half and had Borna walking a bit of a tightrope with an early booking after being unfairly penalised for two perfect ball winning tackles.

Reactions: kay
He was awful I thought. Barisic's yellow was never a yellow and he was letting them manhandle us, tackle us all ways yet the minute we did it back he would blow for a foul against us. Right near the end one of the Porto players had his arms wrapped around Aribo and the ref did nothing!

I thought he bought a lot of their diving but he was quick to book any clever breaking up dangerous counter attacks unlike our refa here.

Referee was good tonight.

We have had some shockers though in Europe last couple of seasons as well

The Barasic booking was unforgivable. It happened right in front of him and he clearly got the ball.

Not perfect, but what a difference to have a decent set of officials.
Wish the SFA could see what is missing from the Scottish game.

He was good tonight, although must admit the rest of your post is a bit odd mate. The standard of refereeing in this European run has, on the whole, been fucking dreadful.

Reactions: GF7
Thought he was a bit card happy in the first half and only a matter of time before somebody was being sent off. Luckily for us in the 2nd half it was them committing the cynical fouls.

The theatrics and yard stealing by Porto wasn't clamped down on until the 2nd half. Our players are always too honest in general which is good but sometimes we have to play them at their own game.

Sorry to disagree with most but I thought the ref and his officials were pretty poor over the piece. The booking he dished out to Borna was breathtaking. An absolutely excellent tackle where he is feet away and not only does he give a foul but he compounds it by booking the player

He got most right and some wrong - like even the best refs - but there is no question thet refereeing to that standard could only be good for us in the SPL and bad for the teams that can only compete with us by 'smashing' our footballers.

I hardly noticed him except for booking two or three players quite rightly and making Porto move back the many yards they tried to steal at throw ins and free kicks

Apart from his decision in the first 5 minutes not to book their player for hauling back Morelos (I think it was) on the halfway line when he was on a break, I think he had a decent game.

Was mediocre at best could name several scenarios where we should have had a foul and never got it yet Porto threw themselves to the ground and got the foul.
Can't believe the same teams with the same shite tactics get away with it for years and years...

The Barisic booking was an embarrassment. There wasn't a follow through. It was a slide tackle and he kept sliding. A follow through is using excessive force with a trailing leg, that didn't happen. It wasn't even a foul.

I didn't think he was great, nor terrible (overall) I did however enjoy finally seeing a referee not allow players steal yards from throw ins and freekicks.

Back