Tonight's Games

It’s a simple question yet unsure what reference it has to my point, I just stated I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of prem clubs decide to ditch VAR.

Not based on this one decision tonight with Gordon of course but based on a number of issues pointed out by clubs that has led to this vote.

My opinion is to keep VAR but to implement it more efficiently.
The clubs might vote that way and if that's what they want to do and they all agree to accept every (wrong) decision that goes against them then I'll disagree but accept their position. My point is removing VAR because mistakes are made is the same logic for removing referees who also make mistakes.

I hope the habitual losers and tool downers in our team feel as sick to the stomach as us supporters do tonight. If they don’t then they don’t deserve to wear the jersey ever again.
The sad fact is they won’t give one %^*&.

To them it’s a well paid job. Next season or future seasons these bunch of players will be moved on to other clubs just like me or u swap jobs or departments. As long as they pick up a wage they are happy. They win a few trophies then it’s a bonus to them.

Half these players when they leave Rangers won’t ever give us a second thought. You get the odd player nowadays that are boyhood supporters and will give that extra bit of effort, and will hurt a wee bit if they aren’t a success, but they are very few and far between now.

The days of players also being supporters are long gone

Accies have a decent record in Inverness; we usually get a result up there. So I’d have taken 2-1 if offered it before tonight.

But 2-0 and denied a stonewall penalty to make it 3 - we should have been out of sight.

Accies have a decent record in Inverness; we usually get a result up there. So I’d have taken 2-1 if offered it before tonight.

But 2-0 and denied a stonewall penalty to make it 3 - we should have been out of sight.
The difference between 2 and 3 nil is massive psychologically, with 2 the players will have a belief they wouldn't have at 3.

Think he might have lost his composure a little there :))

What kicked that reaction off?
Hw was going crazy at the ref the whole game. Vlahovic had a penalty appeal rejected earlier in the second half then when the ref didn't blow for a foul on Danilo he lost it I think :))

Went to the Hamilton game. They played well first half but ran out of steam.

Duncan Ferguson spent the full game giving the 4th official pelters haha

Just about right.If Man U win FA cup, 5th place join them in Europa and 6th is Conference.
So if the current league placings stay as they are, and Man U win the FA Cup, they will join Spurs in Europa, Chelsea will go to Conference and Newcastle, (currently 7th in table), will miss out. So whatever happenes, maximum of 7 English teams in Europe. Have I got that right?

So if the current league placings stay as they are, and Man U win the FA Cup, they will join Spurs in Europa, Chelsea will go to Conference and Newcastle, (currently 7th in table), will miss out. So whatever happenes, maximum of 7 English teams in Europe. Have I got that right?
Yes spot on.

Turned the Celtic game off after their first goal.

Idah elbows the Killie player in the nose, resulting in a burst nose. He's down holding his face but Don Robertson doesn't think the game should be stopped. They go up and score.

It's a foul every day of the week, so why wasn't it pulled back? We got a goal chalked off against them for a foul in the build up.
It’s been the same for years. When they need a hand to get them going or are struggling this type of decision always goes their way. I see the ref apologised to McInnes. It might not have made a difference but again, you never know. Game changing decision.

Yes spot on.
Thanks for that, so English clubs normally only receive two places for the Europa league, which go to the 5th and 6th placed club in the previous year, but one of these is reserved for the League Cup winners. So if that is a side from 7th place downwards, the sixth placed club will then play in the Conference the next year. Am I right in thinking then that England only receives 7 places in the three European competitions, but that was increased to eight this season, because West Ham were given an extra place as holders of the previous years Conference. Eight European places for one country does seem a little excessive.

Thanks for that, so English clubs normally only receive two places for the Europa league, which go to the 5th and 6th placed club in the previous year, but one of these is reserved for the League Cup winners. So if that is a side from 7th place downwards, the sixth placed club will then play in the Conference the next year. Am I right in thinking then that England only receives 7 places in the three European competitions, but that was increased to eight this season, because West Ham were given an extra place as holders of the previous years Conference. Eight European places for one country does seem a little excessive.
Nearly correct.There are 2 Europa League places.One for team who finish 5th ,the other for the FA cup winners.The conference league place is for the League Cup winners.
Obviously if the cup winners qualify for a more prestigious competition then the places go further down the league table.

Actually there could have been a lot more than 8 English teams in Europe next season.The top 4 enter Champions League no matter what.If Man City had won Champions League and not been top 4 they are guaranteed a spot too.Likewise if Brighton had won Europa League they'd be Champions League too.Then they almost got a 5th place for highest coefficient.That would have been 7 in Champions League alone.

Back