Top cop brands Kenmure St and Palestine protesters just as "selfish" as Gers fans

bloodandfire

His comments will upset those who try to differentiate between mass gatherings, so that's fair enough. Also it's about the first time the Palestinian protest has been mentioned in the media. Up to now it's been conveniently hidden away as if it never actually happened.

COP BLAST

Glasgow Home Office demonstration and Palestine protest just as ‘selfish’ as Rangers fan celebrations says police chief​

• 19 May 2021, 8:57
  • Updated: 19 May 2021, 9:05
THE Home Office demonstration and Palestine protest in Glasgow were just as "selfish" as the Rangers fan celebrations, a police chief has said.
Last week around 300 people blockaded an immigration enforcement van in Kenmure Street, Pollokshields to prevent two asylum seekers being taken away, while on Sunday hundreds gathered at George Square for a rally in solidarity with the people of Palestine.
A top Scots cop has compared the asylum seeker and Palestine protests in Glasgow to the chaotic Rangers fan celebrations
A top Scots cop has compared the asylum seeker and Palestine protests in Glasgow to the chaotic Rangers fan celebrationsCredit: Getty Images - Getty
Hundreds of people gathered at George Square on Sunday to rally in support for Palestine
Hundreds of people gathered at George Square on Sunday to rally in support for PalestineCredit: Tahir Muftee
On Saturday, thousands of Gers supporters gathered at Ibrox and 15,000 visited George Square to celebrate the club lifting the Scottish Premiership trophy.
Many fans set off pyrotechnics and smoke bombs, while there was also sectarian singing and illegal public drinking at the popular city centre site.
As the revelling went into the evening, things turned violent as Rangers fans turned on each other and police got attacked, with five officers injured and 28 arrests made.
However, despite the non-violent Pollokshields and Palestine protest gatherings, Gary Ritchie, the assistant chief constable, has compared them to the chaotic scenes at George Square on Saturday and branded them all as people acting in a "selfish" way.
As reported by The Times, the top cop criticised all of the gatherings for breaching Covid guidelines surrounding "mass crowds".
He said: "The vast majority of people can follow the rules and do follow the rules. But there have always been a few who have decided to ignore that. In every single occasion that that has happened, it's selfish.

Thank fùck it's not just me.

I was genuinely beginning to question whether the bit about obstructing the police really happened.
The whole thing amazed me when I watched on the news being reported as a good thing.

Scottish politicians interfered with UK home office staff, and home office policy, and told the police to stand down and release them.

I’m all for human rights, but it’s clear the men involved have overstayed their welcome, illegally, so the home office should have been allowed to do their job. Its incredible when you think about it.

I should think once it’s settled down the home office will try and go about their business again.

You can smell the bitterness oozing out of the writer of the piece.

Many fans set off pyrotechnics and smoke bombs, while there was also sectarian singing and illegal public drinking at the popular city centre site.

As the revelling went into the evening, things turned violent as Rangers fans turned on each other and police got attacked, with five officers injured and 28 arrests made.
However, despite the non-violent Pollokshields and Palestine protest gatherings, Gary Ritchie, the assistant chief constable, has compared them to the chaotic scenes at George Square on Saturday and branded them all as people acting in a "selfish" way.

:rolleyes:

MY8uQ8O.gif

When I was a lot younger and didn't know any better I will admit I did vote Snp. Mainly due to the influence of some family members. Now I'm of the view that the best thing for these selectively outraged man bag wearing basturts would be for them to sink into the ocean without a trace. The double standards from them is astounding and some of the lies spouted by them and their following and taken as fact is downright dangerous. Basically branding all of us as scum.

Fake stories of paramedics that have quit their jobs because the trauma caused by a few rangers fans fighting and drinking was just too much. Paramedics that no doubt deal with life or death situations every day and have had to watch people die. But we're expected to believe that a few idiots drunk and disorderly was the nail in the coffin. Made up stories of anti Catholic bigotry and digs at us at every opportunity.
It's all absolutely sickening and I have fallen out with a few people over it recently.

The whole thing amazed me when I watched on the news being reported as a good thing.

Scottish politicians interfered with UK home office staff, and home office policy, and told the police to stand down and release them.

I’m all for human rights, but it’s clear the men involved have overstayed their welcome, illegally, so the home office should have been allowed to do their job. Its incredible when you think about it.

I should think once it’s settled down the home office will try and go about their business again.
I haven't even followed the story since the day it happened, the idea of a mob turning up and deciding on an adhoc basis what is justice should have seen the MPs who encouraged it charged.

Maybe we should all gather if anyone gets a chap at their door regarding George Square on saturday.

Ahh but theres loads of girls with fringes and blue hair on twitter saying if you cant tell the difference between the Rangers celebrations and the Palestine demo you are scum and idiot.
Who should i believe?!

The slacktivist woke burd demographic have really taken against the club en masse over the last few days, which just proves how conformist and easily manipulated they are.

The worst breach was in Kenmure street given the concern regarding the Indian variant. The 2 alleged subjects for HO attention were Sikhs and the increase in Glasgow cases thought to emanate from the Sikh temple makes actions of politicians encouraging people to go there much worse. If Indian variant rises significantly these politicians should fall on their swords and resign from their posts( It is much worse than singing in a faked video useless)

Media should be all over that

We are in very difficult times, we should not be demonstrating or partying but we are all human. Sorry state of affairs when WE are always branded the bad guys. In a strange way I am quite happy we are not in the Cup Final now. We achieved what we wanted ‘55’, there will be plenty more Cup Finals with The Gaffer

His comments will upset those who try to differentiate between mass gatherings, so that's fair enough. Also it's about the first time the Palestinian protest has been mentioned in the media. Up to now it's been conveniently hidden away as if it never actually happened.

COP BLAST

Glasgow Home Office demonstration and Palestine protest just as ‘selfish’ as Rangers fan celebrations says police chief​

• Paul Rodger
THE Home Office demonstration and Palestine protest in Glasgow were just as "selfish" as the Rangers fan celebrations, a police chief has said.
Last week around 300 people blockaded an immigration enforcement van in Kenmure Street, Pollokshields to prevent two asylum seekers being taken away, while on Sunday hundreds gathered at George Square for a rally in solidarity with the people of Palestine.
A top Scots cop has compared the asylum seeker and Palestine protests in Glasgow to the chaotic Rangers fan celebrations
A top Scots cop has compared the asylum seeker and Palestine protests in Glasgow to the chaotic Rangers fan celebrationsCredit: Getty Images - Getty
Hundreds of people gathered at George Square on Sunday to rally in support for Palestine
Hundreds of people gathered at George Square on Sunday to rally in support for PalestineCredit: Tahir Muftee
On Saturday, thousands of Gers supporters gathered at Ibrox and 15,000 visited George Square to celebrate the club lifting the Scottish Premiership trophy.
As reported by The Times, the top cop criticised all of the gatherings for breaching Covid guidelines surrounding "mass crowds".
He said: "The vast majority of people can follow the rules and do follow the rules. But there have always been a few who have decided to ignore that. In every single occasion that that has happened, it's selfish.
As his point is about the Covid spread then he is exactly right.

COP BLAST

• Paul Rodger
And also perverted the course of justice. How many of them are going to get a knock at the door.

You have to wonder why there wasn't 'selfish' comments at the time of the Palestinian protests & why it's taken this long to bring the matter up

As they're only mentioning it now - you'd be forgiven for thinking it would simply have been swept under the carpet & conveniently forgotten about - if they could have gotten away with it

Now that it's been mentioned by the polis - will our illustrious MP's mention it in parliament like they did with us ?

Thank fùck it's not just me.

I was genuinely beginning to question whether the bit about obstructing the police really happened.
Not only obstructing the police, the immigration officers will have no doubt been acting under the authority of a warrant issued by the courts.
The rule of law in this country seems to be only enforced when politicians want it to be.

I think there is one distinct difference between our celebrations and Kenmure Street. Our club and government sources “advised “ against congregating in the town as this could spread the Indian strain of the virus. Our MSP’s and M.P. ‘s actively encouraged people to demonstrate against these “illegal” goings on. Now, if they encourage the masses to demonstrate is that the elected people of power disregarding govt rulings? Then they should be brought to the bar to justify their actions.

Just as guilty of breaking the law. But not as easy to slag and demonise as Rangers fans are. Not a chance of scotshit police going after them as the do with Rangers fans. If only the police could actually be bothered doing their job the streets would be clear of murderers,drug dealers, rapists paedophiles,people traffickers and perverts loan sharks,theives,muggers,terrorists etc etc. But they might have to work to do that.A lot easier filming fans and picking them off. They don't get backhanders from fans to ignore their crimes or maybe effigy hangers do.

Well when I see innocent people at a protest getting battered round the head with police riot shields for no reason whatsoever then we can start comparing like for like.

Of course, he is absolutely right. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Unless a new strain of the virus has appeared that has allowed it to discriminate between political and sporting gatherings common sense tells you that the risk of spreading the virus was exactly the same.

Gary Ritchie is a good guy and cop and not a politico, not all senior police managers are numpties, just most of them.
Any gathering is wrong in the current circumstances like it or otherwise, lost one family friend and nearly lost my brother in law through covid.

Just as guilty of breaking the law. But not as easy to slag and demonise as Rangers fans are. Not a chance of scotshit police going after thelm as the do with Rangers fans. If only the police could actually be bothered doing their job the streets would be clear of murderers,drug dealers, rapists paedophiles,people traffickers and perverts loan sharks,theives,muggers,terrorists etc etc. But they might have to work to do that.A lot easier filming fans and picking them off. They don't get backhanders from fans to ignore their crimes or maybe effigy hangers do.
And therein lies the irony to end all ironies.

Between Plodshit Scotland and the entire Scottish legal system, under Useless? Real evidence of an all too real, sectarian-hate crime, seen worldwide, mysteriously goes awol.

No talk of, let's look at the chain of evidence, because there must be one.

No talk of who was to blame.

No three day blazing headlines in the rhags to get to the bottom of this disgrace aginst justice.
After all, we've been told from primary school that Scots Law is something to be proud of.

No, just a collective shrug of the shoulders by Plod and the Rangers/Protestant hating filth running this hole into the ground, to reinforce their mantra. Who gives a toss if it's them?

Now the same vermin who lost real evidence against us, would seek to hang us using a fake video.

Anyone else thinks those happy, clappy snaps of sinn fein filth and their Scottish counterparts taken at various venues were just a coincidence.

After the last few days, it looks like the Scottish version were taking notes.

Why you say that OKB ?
Sorry for late reply, I actually had to work todayo_O

My reason is that they now realise the hypocrisy of their statements on all gatherings over the 4 day period. They were undermined on Thursday and were forced to allow laws to be broken, ultimately by their political paymasters.

Sunday was no different.

When you add in the ridiculous issue of being forced to investigate a video due to the high volume of complaints, the idiocy of the spokesperson using apparently instead of allegedly and finally, their federation General Secretary admitting that politicising events like Saturday, could lead to other periods of unrest, then it’s a dangerous place for them to be if they want public support.

First time the Polis have gone off script here, publicly at least as we all know actions speak louder than words. Especially with the Army Division of the Nationalist Party. Also when was it standard practice for the Police to be regular commentators on every single incident in the Country? Never heard so much from them ever apart from when a kid goes missing

Back