Top Down for Category A Away Matches

Nord

Who’s getting the petition going?

Ridiculous that it’s essentially a random ballot for category A away matches which are more in demand despite European away matches being top down only.

You get yourself into a position where you are considered loyal with regards to your membership tier by Rangers own metrics but there’s folk in bronze and silver getting Hearts/Aberdeen away. Ridiculous.

Genuinely why are category A away matches and European away matches not treated the same?

All non category A away matches are the chance to include all members surely.

Ridiculous that it’s essentially a random ballot for category A away matches which are more in demand despite European away matches being top down only.

You get yourself into a position where you are considered loyal with regards to your membership tier by Rangers own metrics but there’s folk in bronze and silver getting Hearts/Aberdeen away. Ridiculous.

Genuinely why are category A away matches and European away matches not treated the same?

You could make that point for all away games.

Even top down in gold only would be unfair because a sizeable amount of people have the points they have due to bought and resold European tickets. Until the club is pretty strict on collection only + removes the extras then this won't and shouldn't happen. I agree in principle though. Don't need to mention the sheer amount of tickets corporate and hospitality has access to making a mockery of the scheme also, to be fair.

You could make that point for all away games.
You could but I take the argument of a closed shop for non category A games more than just lumping them all together.
Even top down in gold only would be unfair because a sizeable amount of people have the points they have due to bought and resold European tickets. Until the club is pretty strict on collection only + removes the extras then this won't and shouldn't happen. I agree in principle though. Don't need to mention the sheer amount of tickets corporate and hospitality has access to making a mockery of the scheme also, to be fair.
Unless the club can become more strict on this and as long as the points exist in people’s accounts, then those at the top should be reaping the benefits over a random ballot. And I say this as someone who probably wouldn’t be anywhere near the points required for Aberdeen or Hearts away.

I’d still probably not get Hearts with this idea but for 600 odd tickets I don’t think making that at least top down is a bad idea

It's a racket and for every one that genuinely goes every game in gold there's another that will pass on a couple of tickets especially for Europe.
It's never going to happen, MyGers uptake would fall off a cliff if you said no one in Silver or Bronze had a chance of an A Cat away game.
Soon be corporate only anyway the way it's going.

There will never be a solution that keeps everyone happy.
Correct answer.

Although in fairness, there never has been. The pure ballot method never satisfied (and never will) those that go week in week out either.

Add to that, reducing allocations and it's clear to see why so many fans are frustrated by the entire system. And that's before we even start on half full stands at spiteful clubs...

It’s a half baked loyalty scheme. They won’t go for top down as after a few years of bronze youll stop being a member as you know it’s a waste of time. Tbh part of my agrees as I think it would just end up a closed shop.

Basically gold gets you guaranteed cup finals and almost guaranteed euro away which is more than I have in corporate

People punting European away tickets, ghost buses etc. aren’t fair either.

Personally I preferred being issued all my away tickets at start of season.

People punting European away tickets, ghost buses etc. aren’t fair either.

Personally I preferred being issued all my away tickets at start of season.
Start of the season would be ideal but can’t happen given how clubs can decide to cut our allocation at a moments notice. For example, Had we been due to go to Hibs after the last cup game there we would’ve had our allocation cut in half

I’d say the same to Aberdeen and hibs also. With it looking likely hibs will reduce our allocation next season too Cat As are only going to get harder to get the longer it goes on.
Is it not cause there are too many season ticket holders in the Broomy front nowadays which makes it a non starter anyway?

Fair point.

Start of the season would be ideal but can’t happen given how clubs can decide to cut our allocation at a moments notice. For example, Had we been due to go to Hibs after the last cup game there we would’ve had our allocation cut in half

The people with the most MyGers points aren't necessarily the most loyal, they might have just been gaming the system and buying stuff to stay at the top.

It's hard to demonstrate loyalty at the moment when there are so few opportunities to get even the less attractive away games through MyGers.

The people with the most MyGers points aren't necessarily the most loyal, they might have just been gaming the system and buying stuff to stay at the top.

It's hard to demonstrate loyalty at the moment when there are so few opportunities to get even the less attractive away games through MyGers.
The club have defined how they measure loyalty and have awarded points to members based on that. The people at the top are the ones the club deem most loyal

I’d still probably not get Hearts with this idea but for 600 odd tickets I don’t think making that at least top down is a bad idea
It should be that way for cat a games for gold top down and removed from next cat a game to gold get a cat a game.

As others have said though points are inflated because of the euro aways

My own preference for that is seperate euro aways with a seperate scheme like old travel club that has no impact on domestic.

It may mean 40 for domestic and additional 20 for euro aways sceme which you would really only get around 6-10k on that

Which then means domestics becomes less of a closed shop and euros games goes to those who travel

Celtic with an allocation of 700, gold only.
Hearts with an allocation of 576, now 630 odd, open to all tiers.

The inconsistencies are painful. Hearts is definitely the only game that should be top down now if the allocation remains that low

Mygers@rangers.co.uk

There's a team of 3 who decide these things. They haven't a clue - Good if enough people emailed their thoughts.

Mygers@rangers.co.uk

There's a team of 3 who decide these things. They haven't a clue - Good if enough people emailed their thoughts.
Probably refer issues to the fan advisory board for their thoughts but I have concerns about the advisory board. Don’t think anyone there will rock the boat or give strong opinions either way

There’s a lot of things wrong with the way tickets get distributed, not just a mygers issue

I'm on silver and haven't had a single ticket all season.
Can shove mygers right up their arse now

Top-down get the tickets so basically a waste of time for everyone apart from the elite 1,000 people to be in MyGers!

Do you think Euro aways and Hampden should be randomly balloted too then?

It's one or the other, they shouldn't be able to pick and choose when loyalty is applied.

The fact they do it for Euro and Hampden literally tells you they know what they're doing is wrong for domestics tbh.

They are trying to dangle the carrot just enough to keep the money making mygers scheme alive. They know that a proper top down loyalty scheme would see 1000s stop paying for mygers as it would end up a closed shop.

Tbh I sit somewhere in the middle. The fact that someone in gold is guaranteed cup finals and also euro aways seems like a decent incentive to be in gold. A proper top down scheme would result in the same people controlling all the away tickets

Let me guess you're in gold?

They are trying to dangle the carrot just enough to keep the money making mygers scheme alive. They know that a proper top down loyalty scheme would see 1000s stop paying for mygers as it would end up a closed shop.

Tbh I sit somewhere in the middle. The fact that someone in gold is guaranteed cup finals and also euro aways seems like a decent incentive to be in gold. A proper top down scheme would result in the same people controlling all the away tickets
I think that's exaggerated tbh, they know they need it for Hampden or if they fancy a Euro trip.

It's one or the other, they shouldn't be able to pick and choose when loyalty is applied.

The fact they do it for Euro and Hampden literally tells you they know what they're doing is wrong for domestics tbh.
Nearly everyone on mygers and on CCCS gets a hampden ticket. As for Europe, it should be similar system to the old travel club. That needs revamped to stop folk buying tickets for the points and reselling.

“But less people are interested in European away games”
“But the hampden allocation is bigger so it’s not a fair comparison”
“But away games are oversubscribed”

I'm on silver and haven't had a single ticket all season.
Can shove mygers right up their arse now
I’ve had 2, livi away (which everyone gets) and Hibs cup game.

Had to wait for second ballot for hearts. Looking like I could miss out on the final. I have 1503 points and always managed Hampden games so would like to know where all the tickets are going as it seems near impossible now

And before anyone asks or starts I have used or seat subbed my season ticket every home game, I have applied for all aways, was on old away scheme, have been on the cccs since it started, have been in the travel club with high points but for some reason I’m still only on 1503, so I’m missing points somewhere. I have emailed a few times with no joy with an answer but as I always got hampden games I never pushed it but looks like now it’s gonna come back and bite me on the arse with this final.

Back