Top Down for Category A Away Matches

Nearly everyone on mygers and on CCCS gets a hampden ticket. As for Europe, it should be similar system to the old travel club. That needs revamped to stop folk buying tickets for the points and reselling.
What’s your thoughts on people buying tickets for Hampden or domestic away games with the intention of selling them on?

Whats your thoughts on people paying for Ibrox games purely to bank the 5 points, even if they have no intention of going to the game?

Both of the above happen regularly. You never see people calling that out, it’s always European away matches that are the issue…

Do you think Euro aways and Hampden should be randomly balloted too then?

It's one or the other, they shouldn't be able to pick and choose when loyalty is applied.

The fact they do it for Euro and Hampden literally tells you they know what they're doing is wrong for domestics tbh.
Domestic and euro need to be seperate again even if an additional charge

Not a clue, I've two mates with STs who haven't been near any Hampden games this season. Would suggest that not "nearly everyone" gets who have a ST, cccs and mygers.
So there we have it, self admittedly you haven’t a clue.

Something tells me they haven’t tickets all the boxes on renewal time, don’t have mygers or recently bought their season tickets.

So there we have it, self admittedly you haven’t a clue.

Something tells me they haven’t tickets all the boxes on renewal time, don’t have mygers or recently bought their season tickets.
Haven't a clue in terms of numbers. It's just been stated above though, hope that helps pal.

They do, I done it for them last season. They have had their ST for over 5 years. They are deservedly where they are, but just a fact that thousands miss out.

The way I see it the club has 3 options.

Option 1 is to make Category A games Gold only to reward the most loyal fans.

Option 2 is to increase away allocations at Ibrox to have reciprocated higher allocations at away games, leading to an increased number of tickets to go round all tiers.

Or Option 3, retain the status quo that nearly everybody is scunnered and fed up with.

The way I see it the club has 3 options.

Option 1 is to make Category A games Gold only to reward the most loyal fans.

Option 2 is to increase away allocations at Ibrox to have reciprocated higher allocations at away games, leading to an increased number of tickets to go round all tiers.

Or Option 3, retain the status quo that nearly everybody is scunnered and fed up with.
3 it is :D

Who’s getting the petition going?

Ridiculous that it’s essentially a random ballot for category A away matches which are more in demand despite European away matches being top down only.

You get yourself into a position where you are considered loyal with regards to your membership tier by Rangers own metrics but there’s folk in bronze and silver getting Hearts/Aberdeen away. Ridiculous.

Genuinely why are category A away matches and European away matches not treated the same?

All non category A away matches are the chance to include all members surely.

So bronze members get no chance of a game at Hampden and what, one away game against utter dross?

Under 16,000 from 50% of a 52,000 seater stadium? I’d call that bs as well. Hope that helps pal.
if it’s a 50/50 split both clubs get around 21k as sfa keep a chunk for themselves plus you also have the debentures to take into account too who are eligible for a ticket, and also hampdens own hospitality has been this way for years.
Any club registered with the sfa can also apply for an allocation of tickets for a Scottish cup final which comes out of the sfas chunk.

Once the club takes its staff allocation, hospitality allocation and rsc allocation around 16k goes to mygers as was the case at the semi final. Hope this helps.

Celtic with an allocation of 700, gold only.
Hearts with an allocation of 576, now 630 odd, open to all tiers.

The inconsistencies are painful. Hearts is definitely the only game that should be top down now if the allocation remains that low
There are inconsistencies but even some Gold fans don’t really know what they want. Earlier in the season we had some on here saying Hibs should be gold, but St Mirren is a lot tougher to get and wasn’t being mentioned.

There are inconsistencies but even some Gold fans don’t really know what they want. Earlier in the season we had some on here saying Hibs should be gold, but St Mirren is a lot tougher to get and wasn’t being mentioned.
I’m consistent in my view that categories are outdated and should be based on the allocation, rather than the team. Ross county and st Mirren were tougher to get compared to a full stand at Hibs

I believe any club allocation of 1000 or less should be gold only. Hearts being open to all tiers is a disgrace considering how small the allocation is. I also believe those that think Celtic should be gold only are onto plums and quite rightly all tiers will get an allocation

What’s your thoughts on people buying tickets for Hampden or domestic away games with the intention of selling them on?

Whats your thoughts on people paying for Ibrox games purely to bank the 5 points, even if they have no intention of going to the game?

Both of the above happen regularly. You never see people calling that out, it’s always European away matches that are the issue…

I got to Hampden 10 minutes before kick off v Hearts last weekend, I passed at least a dozen folk selling tickets. There was one guy walking from the stadium up to Hampden Cars, He had at least three.

I know folk that are at 99% of domestic away games, you just need to look at Willie Vass’s pictures and you’ll see all the same faces. Where are they getting their tickets ? In the main off folk buying just to sell on.

That doesn't answer the question.

Bronze will always exist as a category. The question is about what they are allocated over the season.

They get one or two as it is. What would you give them? None?
A loyalty scheme shouldn’t be based on fairness and that’s what it currently is for domestic away games.

I’d personally make all games top down with no points added whatsoever. That however will cost the club a lot of money so it won’t happen.

I believe it should be top down/gold only at the very least for hearts, Celtic & Aberdeen.

There’s no way bronze & silver should be getting tickets for Tynecastle for a potential title decider while some in gold have had no Category As. There’s no way that’s right.

A loyalty scheme shouldn’t be based on fairness and that’s what it currently is for domestic away games.

I’d personally make all games top down with no points added whatsoever. That however will cost the club a lot of money so it won’t happen.

I believe it should be top down/gold only at the very least for hearts, Celtic & Aberdeen.

There’s no way bronze & silver should be getting tickets for Tynecastle for a potential title decider while some in gold have had no Category As. There’s no way that’s right.
Aberdeen 1600 and Celtic 2500 shouldn’t be gold only. I would disagree with that.

Allocations under 1000, gold only. Allocations under 2000, gold and silver. Allocations 2000+ all tiers, but in allocations with 2000+ the % to silver and bronze should be slightly higher than it currently is for games

Under 16,000 from 50% of a 52,000 seater stadium? I’d call that bs as well. Hope that helps pal.
We don’t get 50% of 52,000 seats though. The SFA sell their own debentures and hospitality. Based on the 50/50 split for the Hearts game we get around 21k unless tickets are returned(for unsold debentures as an example). From that 21k the allocation is split between MyGers, RSCs, players/staff and corporate hospitality

I’m consistent in my view that categories are outdated and should be based on the allocation, rather than the team. Ross county and st Mirren were tougher to get compared to a full stand at Hibs

I believe any club allocation of 1000 or less should be gold only. Hearts being open to all tiers is a disgrace considering how small the allocation is. I also believe those that think Celtic should be gold only are onto plums and quite rightly all tiers will get an allocation
There is definitely discussions to be had as people in all tiers aren’t happy, but with a mixture of ‘’making it up as they go along’, self interest and people gaming the system it’s very difficult to make it work.

If I'm reading this right, for domestic away games, you would essentially rule out silver and bronze members altogether?

Half of your final point is due to the issues with how the tickets are allocated by the club. That's an issue with the TO, not MyGers.

There is definitely discussions to be had as people in all tiers aren’t happy, but with a mixture of ‘’making it up as they go along’, self interest and people gaming the system it’s very difficult to make it work.
I would be against top down for all games and don’t believe Celtic should be exclusive for gold only. The hearts allocation is a unique set of circumstances though and it should’ve absolutely been gold only

If I'm reading this right, for domestic away games, you would essentially rule out silver and bronze members altogether?

Half of your final point is due to the issues with how the tickets are allocated by the club. That's an issue with the TO, not MyGers.
And would cost the club a fortune which we really need.

I still think offering the top 200 access to all away games at a cost at the start of the season isn't a bad shout. Not allocating them all games just giving them access to purchase

Aberdeen 1600 and Celtic 2500 shouldn’t be gold only. I would disagree with that.

Allocations under 1000, gold only. Allocations under 2000, gold and silver. Allocations 2000+ all tiers, but in allocations with 2000+ the % to silver and bronze should be slightly higher than it currently is for games
Celtic I get your point but Aberdeen with should absolutely be gold only in my opinion anyway.

Take down south say Man united for example the thought of getting a season ticket first season and ending up with a Liverpool away ticket would be laughable it shouldn’t be different here.

And would cost the club a fortune which we really need.
I would be interested to find out how much money the club make from extra purchases and how that is reflected between members of each tier. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gold vastly out-purchase other tiers on a yearly basis

Yeah you’re reading that correct. Its not like it’s a lifetime ban or anything work your way up.

All the clubs down south, Celtic, hearts etc are all top down.

It’s honestly ridiculous we’re not especially after introducing a “loyalty scheme”.

How do that lot distribute their away tickets. Surely the best comparison considering they have a similar demand and sane supply if tickets we do? Do their fans have the same issues

Yeah you’re reading that correct. Its not like it’s a lifetime ban or anything work your way up.

All the clubs down south, Celtic, hearts etc are all top down.

It’s honestly ridiculous we’re not especially after introducing a “loyalty scheme”.

Nah, you're not getting the issue with this.

There will always be bronze members. Always. It's a necessary tier. The question is how these fans are allocated tickets.

If bronze members get no tickets for games at Hampden and one away game, potentially reduced to zero, and that game is against the utter dross, they don't sign up. Rangers don't want that.

You can't keep asking them to work their way up when you're creating a closed shop and they have no incentive.

For context, I'm close to maximum points in gold. Under your rules, I'm probably advantaged over you.

Probably refer issues to the fan advisory board for their thoughts but I have concerns about the advisory board. Don’t think anyone there will rock the boat or give strong opinions either way

There’s a lot of things wrong with the way tickets get distributed, not just a mygers issue
Just curious, why do you think they aren’t asking the questions? I remember when names were released people who knew them said they were good appointments as they would ask the questions. Pretty sure from what i seen from fan forum MyGers is one of the things on their list.

Just curious, why do you think they aren’t asking the questions? I remember when names were released people who knew them said they were good appointments as they would ask the questions. Pretty sure from what i seen from fan forum MyGers is one of the things on their list.
Probably poor use of words from me but I just don’t see anyone being in such a position strongly questioning club decisions. Much easier for people from the outside looking in to ask tougher questions. Not meant as a slight at anyone on the board, don’t personally know any of them to be able to make an informed assessment

Back