Top Down for Category A Away Matches

The way I see it the club has 3 options.

Option 1 is to make Category A games Gold only to reward the most loyal fans.

Option 2 is to increase away allocations at Ibrox to have reciprocated higher allocations at away games, leading to an increased number of tickets to go round all tiers.

Or Option 3, retain the status quo that nearly everybody is scunnered and fed up with.
Option 1 alienates the vast majority of members so Rangers won't do that unless there is a trade off where Gold can't apply for certain games to make up for it.
Option 2 is a no go because these clubs don't fill the allocation they currently have.
Option 3 is broken but is the best we've come up with.

We don't have enough away seats to fill demand, that's the issue, not MyGers. Folk in Gold get arsey about people having the chance to go to bigger games instead of them, but at the same time get arsey about how many tickets they're entitled to. Most in Gold I would reckon have had 4/5 tickets now if they applied for all. Most in Silver probably 2. Not sure on Bronze, maybe 1?
That's fair to me

You're far more likely to get a ticket for Hearts and Aberdeen compared to Silver and Bronze though. What you're wanting to do though is just restrict all the CAT A tickets to Gold members and deny any chance of Silver/Bronze being able to attend any big away day which is just selfish.
It’s not selfish. It genuinely should be top down the same as Euro aways. The implication of Euro aways being done top down is rewarding those at the top due to the big event nature. So why should this be different?
Not the point. There will always be bronze members. The question is how many tickets they are allocated.
There is 7 non category A games. Plenty for those in bronze and silver to be balloted.
How about then Cat A is gold top down but you're excluded from select other games to make up for that fact? Do you reckon that would be fair?
I would say that is a fair suggestion. The thing is, the system we have now literally favours no one. It’s a completely randomised ballot, which doesn’t reward loyalty.

To the main point of the post, and as somebody in Bronze who got a Cat A ticket this season, I wouldn’t have any problem with Cat A being Gold only games, as long as those aren’t in addition to the volume of tickets they get currently.

If they could keep the bronze all getting 1-2, silver getting 2-3 and gold 3+ then I don’t really mind what away games I get, I just don’t want it to reduce as it’s pretty poor as it is but that’s down to allocation and not the club.

Not even close. I have all 3 and was about 500 points off a hampden ticket. Would imagine thousands are in the same position given the numbers.
The cycle will change. This pending Hampden ticket allocation will see a lot question retaining MyGers and indeed CCCS. I'm a good example. Im only in MyGers for the points and to try and guarantee a Hampden ticket ( especially against them). I done so as I never seemed to get lucky in the old allocation process before.
MyGers worked for me....but I suspect this pending game will see me fall short (I'm Silver and 1568 points and I don't think it will be quite enough this time ( almost 4000 in gold and 16000 in silver).

If that's now the case, then I have to question the merit in retaining MyGers. It served it's purpose but a soon as it doesn't then what's the point? I can get a ticket for any game bar Celtic at Hampden. That is where opportunities for folk further down the points chain lies. You really need folk to chuck it so those lower down accelerate up the ladder. Lets face it, if we all keep going the way we do now then we can't really progress and catch those in front of us. There is nothing I can do for example to overtake those in front of me.

They should stop doing points for domestic aways, that would cut out a decent amount of point chasers I think.

There are people in gold that have no dependents and only buy for themselves. I could argue that I'm more deserving, as I go to as many games as I'm allocated tickets for and also pay for 3 season tickets.
Add in every rangers strip going for my kids, Rangers TV etc.
I'm in Silver somehow, even though I've had my current season ticket for 20 years. The only thing I can think of that's kept me out of gold is the boycott.
Anyway, as has been said, you will never keep everyone happy.
The boycott season no longer has any impact on the points total and the club didn’t include away points from Warburtons first season due to the boycott the season before

You make an interesting point in your first paragraph though. You talk about the extra money you pay for dependants where as others don’t have that worry. Not exactly the same thing but rangers define loyalty as money spent however all season ticket holders get the same 120 points for renewing. One person could pay £500 and another £900 for those same 120 points. The person paying £500 has an advantage when it comes to extras as the £400 difference a year could end up allowing someone to buy extras amounting to up to 80 points a season which is a huge advantage

Option 1 alienates the vast majority of members so Rangers won't do that unless there is a trade off where Gold can't apply for certain games to make up for it.
Option 2 is a no go because these clubs don't fill the allocation they currently have.

We don't have enough away seats to fill demand, that's the issue, not MyGers. Folk in Gold get arsey about people having the chance to go to bigger games instead of them, but at the same time get arsey about how many tickets they're entitled to. Most in Gold I would reckon have had 4/5 tickets now if they applied for all. Most in Silver probably 2. Not sure on Bronze, maybe 1?
That's fair to me
Hearts is now the only game I think gold have any strong argument for gold only. It’s a complete anomaly compared to other domestic games. I can understand why people, including me, don’t think it’s fair silver and bronze get tickets for that fixture. As for the rest of the fixtures, it absolutely shouldn’t be top down or gold only for every one

Tell me what the shortfall is then if you’re that clued up?!
I’m on 1436 points, group 1 and only got a ticket for the semi final there when the unsold hospitality tickets appeared on the Tuesday before.

Not expecting a ticket for the final on that basis.

The cycle will change. This pending Hampden ticket allocation will see a lot question retaining MyGers and indeed CCCS. I'm a good example. Im only in MyGers for the points and to try and guarantee a Hampden ticket ( especially against them). I done so as I never seemed to get lucky in the old allocation process before.
MyGers worked for me....but I suspect this pending game will see me fall short (I'm Silver and 1568 points and I don't think it will be quite enough this time ( almost 4000 in gold and 16000 in silver).

If that's now the case, then I have to question the merit in retaining MyGers. It served it's purpose but a soon as it doesn't then what's the point? I can get a ticket for any game bar Celtic at Hampden. That is where opportunities for folk further down the points chain lies. You really need folk to chuck it so those lower down accelerate up the ladder. Lets face it, if we all keep going the way we do now then we can't really progress and catch those in front of us. There is nothing I can do for example to overtake those in front of me.
This upcoming game at hampden will determine for me whether I stick with it or not

As previously mentioned on this threat my mygers points is fucked up, for longer than the last 5 years I had signed up for everything cccs travel club the heap but somehow only on 1503 points, I did query it with Rangers but it’s like pissing in the wind but was always on for hampden so couldn’t be bothered with the hassle emailing anymore. But seems now it is gonna affect me for this old firm final.

I’m one of the most regular travellers on my bus so if I miss out Hampden this time with mygers think I’ll ditch it and take my chances

The boycott season no longer has any impact on the points total and the club didn’t include away points from Warburtons first season due to the boycott the season before

You make an interesting point in your first paragraph though. You talk about the extra money you pay for dependants where as others don’t have that worry. Not exactly the same thing but rangers define loyalty as money spent however all season ticket holders get the same 120 points for renewing. One person could pay £500 and another £900 for those same 120 points. The person paying £500 has an advantage when it comes to extras as the £400 difference a year could end up allowing someone to buy extras amounting to up to 80 points a season which is a huge advantage
Or that's the most they can afford and wouldn't be able to buy extras anyway. Should we means test mygers points? :))

We’re giving that lot 5% allocation in return for 5% there. If we had the same arrangement with Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen we’d be giving all of them around 2.5k and getting around 1,000 in return- so it only really benefits us for Tynecastle in comparison to current allocation and even then it’s not enough to satisfy the demand

It’s not the point though it’s the principle it’s like for like and it’s the same at the piggery we are literally going to get about 200 tickets more than they do at Ibrox and when the amount that goes to hospitality and sponsors they will want even more for the piggery.

Hearts, Hibs and especially Aberdeen they are not so interested in but the people who go every week are interested in them, it’s not going to happen but it’s sad because it’s the mentally challengeds we are doing it and not elsewhere at least offering the opportunity.

It’s not the point though it’s the principle it’s like for like and it’s the same at the piggery we are literally going to get about 200 tickets more than they do at Ibrox and when the amount that goes to hospitality and sponsors they will want even more for the piggery.

Hearts, Hibs and especially Aberdeen they are not so interested in but the people who go every week are interested in them, it’s not going to happen but it’s sad because it’s the mentally challengeds we are doing it and not elsewhere at least offering the opportunity.
100 % per cent we will run at least 500- 1k for hospitality to piggery

That's fair to me
Well it’s billed as a loyalty scheme so it either is or it isn’t, the most loyal fans should be the most rewarded. The most loyal fans have the most points because they’ve been dedicated enough to achieve that. I think you could have enough points for Gold with full home attendance in all comps over the 5 year cycle, then the majority of Gold will have Euro aways on top of that. So you could say they’re deserving over a Bronze or Silver who lets be honest don’t really have a leg to stand on if we go off Loyalty over a 5 year period - they don’t meet the criteria or haven’t been to enough games.

Option 2, we get pitiful allocations at Tynecastle and Pittodrie and those are two sets of fans who fill out the away end. They would take the option of more tickets. I’d offer Hibs it too as they’re threatening to reduce our allocation.

St Johnstone give us a fair amount of tickets, so do Ross County and Livingston. Only St Mirren and Killie are at it with tickets and wouldn’t fill the away end anyway.

We’ll have something like 20 away leage games this season or something? 4 games (my total) out of that is disproportionate in my opinion. Had 1 category A game which was Hibs in the Cup taking me to 5 for the season.

Edit: just to add our away ticket scheme must be one of the only ones for big teams throughout the UK where someone joining in their first season can get allocated some of the hardest to get games.

Last edited:
Well it’s billed as a loyalty scheme so it either is or it isn’t, the most loyal fans should be the most rewarded. The most loyal fans have the most points because they’ve been dedicated enough to achieve that. I think you could have enough points for Gold with full home attendance in all comps over the 5 year cycle, then the majority of Gold will have Euro aways on top of that. So you could say they’re deserving over a Bronze or Silver who lets be honest don’t really have a leg to stand on if we go off Loyalty over a 5 year period - they don’t meet the criteria or haven’t been to enough games.

Option 2, we get pitiful allocations at Tynecastle and Pittodrie and those are two sets of fans who fill out the away end. They would take the option of more tickets. I’d offer Hibs it too as they’re threatening to reduce our allocation.

St Johnstone give us a fair amount of tickets, so do Ross County and Livingston. Only St Mirren and Killie are at it with tickets and wouldn’t fill the away end anyway.

We’ll have something like 20 away leage games this season or something? 4 games (my total) out of that is disproportionate in my opinion. Had 1 category A game which was Hibs in the Cup taking me to 5 for the season.
I've had my ST for over 20 years, MyGers since its inception, CCCS etc and I'm silver so not sure on the 5 year theory.

You got 4 in Gold
I got 2 in Silver

That seems fair to me personally.

I've had my ST for over 20 years, MyGers since its inception, CCCS etc and I'm silver so not sure on the 5 year theory.

You got 4 in Gold
I got 2 in Silver

That seems fair to me personally.
I could be wrong but I’m sure that statement came from the SLO in a fans forum type setting.

Hopefully the new ticketing website makes it easier to track what you’ve earned points for because the current setup is not fit for purpose.

Edit: just to add our away ticket scheme must be one of the only ones for big teams throughout the UK where someone joining in their first season can get allocated some of the hardest to get games.
This is true, person that sits next to me bought mygers on the Black Friday deal, applied for first away at Dumbarton with a very low allocation and got it.

This is true, person that sits next to me bought mygers on the Black Friday deal, applied for first away at Dumbarton with a very low allocation and got it.
When you join mygers doesn't matter it's the points you have accrued in the background. Were I not to renew mygers until next season's split I would jump straight into gold with the points I've earned already

I could be wrong but I’m sure that statement came from the SLO in a fans forum type setting.

Hopefully the new ticketing website makes it easier to track what you’ve earned points for because the current setup is not fit for purpose.
Yeah it would certainly help wouldn't it. Be interesting to find that statement from @Greg Marshall if that was the case though as I'd love to be in gold but don't feel I should be in comparison with others.

I'm happy enough in Silver, I don't miss a home game in any competition (friendlies I pick and choose)
Have no interest in Euro away games. Don't subscribe to RTV, Programs, Womens ST, B team games etc.
My only interests outside of Ibrox are the odd away game (3 or 4 would be ideal) and Hampden.
So I don't have any gripe with the current set up as it's worked ok for me, would've liked another away on top of the 2 at Kilmarnock I've had.

When you join mygers doesn't matter it's the points you have accrued in the background. Were I not to renew mygers until next season's split I would jump straight into gold with the points I've earned already
I know that but my point is there is no fairness in that we have all paid into mygers for a few years but going by this system at present someone could buy mygers for the first time before the first away Celtic game next season and get a ticket over people that have paid into it for the full time it’s been in place.

There is 7 non category A games. Plenty for those in bronze and silver to be balloted.

Except, it's not.

There are simply not enough tickets for everyone in silver and bronze to get allocated a ticket for games against Killie, Motherwell, Ross County, etc. Fans on silver and bronze get one ticket as it is. Remove category A games and that's reduced again.

Nearly everyone on mygers and on CCCS gets a hampden ticket. As for Europe, it should be similar system to the old travel club. That needs revamped to stop folk buying tickets for the points and reselling.
I've ticked all the boxes and got nowhere near a ticket for the Hearts game through my book. Had to get one off the rsc. So, not strictly true on that one

I know that but my point is there is no fairness in that we have all paid into mygers for a few years but going by this system at present someone could buy mygers for the first time before the first away Celtic game next season and get a ticket over people that have paid into it for the full time it’s been in place.
That can't happen due to the number of games you need to have applied for beforehand. Dumbarton was a cat B game so no criteria applied and that's a bigger issue for small allocations

Certainly one of the issues with MyGers is the random allocation of games.

I'm gold and this year I was allocated St Johnstone twice. At the very least, you would expect some kind of variety in the allocation of games (even allowing for the increased allocation we get there).

I'm gold and this year I was allocated St Johnstone twice. At the very least, you would expect some kind of variety in the allocation of games (even allowing for the increased allocation we get there).
Silver, Killie twice. Wish I hadn't got the first one in hindsight :D

The thing with doing top down would make it a closed shop and cost the club in long run as everyone outside the closed shop ditches mygers
And that’s the issue, the club want a scheme that makes the most money possible.
Mygers needs changing as in its current guise it pleases nobody.
I’m on over 2200 points so benefit from pretty much guaranteed Hampden and Euro away.
I’ve had 4 away games this season but no Cat A where many in Silver and Bronze have.
I get more out of Mygers as a whole than most but pay the same so you could say my loyalty is being rewarded.

I’d offer various levels depending on what people want from the scheme.

Non ST Mygers
Access to MYGERS home ticket presale and non ticket related benefits £30

Away Mygers
Access to domestic away ballots for ST holders £45

Away and Cups Mygers
Access to domestic away ballots and Hampden if on CCS £60

All Mygers
All above plus Euro away £75

There’s no way our current systems could cope with this but surely the new platform could.

I’d also for every domestic away make a small number top down say 10% ok for Tynecastle it would be 60 tickets but it looks after those at the very top those on 2400 etc

Not everyone wants every part of Mygers and changing the scheme might discourage people getting tickets for games they have no intention of going to and passing on.

The amount of registrations for many games is not aligned to how many would actually go,

Except, it's not.

There are simply not enough tickets for everyone in silver and bronze to get allocated a ticket for games against Killie, Motherwell, Ross County, etc. Fans on silver and bronze get one ticket as it is. Remove category A games and that's reduced again.
Fans in gold shouldn’t be missing games where there are sparse amounts of tickets due to those in bronze or silver getting one. It’s just not a loyalty reward scheme. We are one of the only clubs in the UK who don’t do top down - especially for oversubscribed games like Aberdeen or Hearts.

Fans in gold shouldn’t be missing games where there are sparse amounts of tickets due to those in bronze or silver getting one. It’s just not a loyalty reward scheme. We are one of the only clubs in the UK who don’t do top down - especially for oversubscribed games like Aberdeen or Hearts.
Every game for us is oversubscribed. Literally every game.

And that’s the issue, the club want a scheme that makes the most money possible.
Mygers needs changing as in its current guise it pleases nobody.
I’m on over 2200 points so benefit from pretty much guaranteed Hampden and Euro away.
I’ve had 4 away games this season but no Cat A where many in Silver and Bronze have.
I get more out of Mygers as a whole than most but pay the same so you could say my loyalty is being rewarded.

I’d offer various levels depending on what people want from the scheme.

Non ST Mygers
Access to MYGERS home ticket presale and non ticket related benefits £30

Away Mygers
Access to domestic away ballots for ST holders £45

Away and Cups Mygers
Access to domestic away ballots and Hampden if on CCS £60

All Mygers
All above plus Euro away £75

There’s no way our current systems could cope with this but surely the new platform could.

I’d also for every domestic away make a small number top down say 10% ok for Tynecastle it would be 60 tickets but it looks after those at the very top those on 2400 etc

Not everyone wants every part of Mygers and changing the scheme might discourage people getting tickets for games they have no intention of going to and passing on.

The amount of registrations for many games is not aligned to how many would actually go,
Am in gold and had 4 tickets the hibs cup game the only cat A. It could definitely b better but it's all about the money hence the points u get for not attending games. Rangers tv, b team and women's season tickets, programs. The old way with travel club and the away scheme being cccs was better u signed up at start of season if successful the money straight out your bank n ticket posted out instead of register for every individual game

Am in gold and had 4 tickets the hibs cup game the only cat A. It could definitely b better but it's all about the money hence the points u get for not attending games. Rangers tv, b team and women's season tickets, programs. The old way with travel club and the away scheme being cccs was better u signed up at start of season if successful the money straight out your bank n ticket posted out instead of register for every individual game
The old way also made running buses easier, we knew at beginning of season who had what games once forms were handed in and could work out how many we needed for the guys that went to aways and if it was viable to run a bus or go in cars.

It’s not selfish. It genuinely should be top down the same as Euro aways. The implication of Euro aways being done top down is rewarding those at the top due to the big event nature. So why should this be different?

I would say that is a fair suggestion. The thing is, the system we have now literally favours no one. It’s a completely randomised ballot, which doesn’t reward loyalty.
It is top down though but just not in the extreme way you want where silver and bronze don't get any tickets at all. The current system gives a high allocation to gold, a small percentage to silver and a handful to bronze for CAT A games. The way it should be.

Except, it's not.

Easy solution to this is, if any games are made gold only (should only be hearts anyway) then the % given for bronze/silver is increased for games with bigger allocations

For illustrative purposes only. Say normal split is (%) gold 60, silver 30, bronze 10. For games with a bigger allocation it moves to (%) gold 45, silver 35 and bronze 20 as a trade off. That would be fair

It is top down though but just not in the extreme way you want where silver and bronze don't get any tickets at all. The current system gives a high allocation to gold, a small percentage to silver and a handful to bronze for CAT A games. The way it should be.
The gold allocation has been slowly cut over the last 3 seasons though. Moving towards the cccs approach where everyone gets the same

That’s an issue but everyone’s perspective is dependent on how it best impacts them

Golds got 4 games this season with zero Cat As
Silvers got 2 including a CatA

Daft that.

No other club does it like this, it's bizarre.

The gold allocation has been slowly cut over the last 3 seasons though. Moving towards the cccs approach where everyone gets the same

That’s an issue but everyone’s perspective is dependent on how it best impacts them
It goes back to the same for anything, CF singing section moves, BF/BR being moved for Celtic... it's all down to self interest. Gold want more and better, Silver want more, Bronze want more. RSC want more, Rangers want more for hospitality.

And we're also one of the biggest in the UK. The domestic away support should not be the same set of fans, week in, week out. I follow a Spurs fan on Twitter and he attends literally every away game. There is no space for others.

And it is a loyalty reward scheme. Fans in gold get:

1. More away tickets - 4/5
2. Guaranteed ticket for Hampden
3. Priority for European away games

Fans in bronze get:

1. 1 away ticket
2. No ticket for Hampden
3. No chance of attending a European away game

How can anyone claim it's not a loyalty scheme when gold get rewarded virtually everywhere, and the only place gold could claim to miss out on is category A games?

And we're also one of the biggest in the UK. The domestic away support should not be the same set of fans, week in, week out.

Fans in bronze get:

1. 1 away ticket
2. No ticket for Hampden

How can anyone claim it's not a loyalty scheme when gold get rewarded virtually everywhere?
The fact is they are rewarded, they just want rewarded more and better than everyone else.

I emailed yesterday about Hearts and for guidance on how next season will play out and whether there's any plans to amend categories based on allocation. Got this back...

The Hearts fixture was open to all tiers and ticketing criteria for Celtic away or other games next season has yet to be confirmed

It’s a ballot though so statistically everyone is more likely to come out the hat in one of the larger allocations like St Johnstone or Livi

And we're also one of the biggest in the UK. The domestic away support should not be the same set of fans, week in, week out. I follow a Spurs fan on Twitter and he attends literally every away game. There is no space for others.

Fans in bronze get:

1. 1 away ticket
2. No ticket for Hampden

How can anyone claim it's not a loyalty scheme when gold get rewarded virtually everywhere, and the only place gold could claim to miss out on is category A games?
Well that's not true.

Plenty games drop to bronze.

Back