Totally unacceptable

Thanks. Only about 20 other threads saying exactly the same thing, so it's nice to see another one. The manager is going nowhere. The manager will do what he can, with the budget he has in the summer, to try and clear up the mess he inherited. Last October, everyone but everyone said the squad was shite. Remember? The manager said at the time he didn't have a magic wand. Remember? Now some are suggesting the manager should be sacked, because couldn't turn that bunch of shite into champions from 8 points behind. The mentality and entitlement of some of our supporters is no better than a spoilt child.
Why bother responding then.Maybe you should stay under your comfort blanket.You are totally missing the point here.
The defeat is bad enough but its the way we got beat.That mob are no great shakes so for the life of me I cannot understand why the Manager set us up to be so passive,we let Scales and Vickers stroll up to our 18 yard line totally unopposed FFS.Our main tactic was Borna hoofing the ball up the park in the forlorn hope that Dessers,who was totally unsupported could get on the end of it.
It was no coincidence that our goal came from our only fast concerted move in the whole game.
We waited until 10 minutes before the end to apply some pressure and they were flapping.
It was the same at Ibrox we could have been 4-0 down at half time,yet we came out in the second half attacked them and "won" 3-1.Why not play like that the whole game?
That is down to tactics which is the Managers call.I want him to succeed but even with his own players,if he sets them up like yesterday he will fail.

The performance ,outwith Butland, Dessers and Sterling,was totally unacceptable.From the manager through to
Every other player.
The team selection and tactics were abysmal.We were second to every ball and we let them run over us.
We can complain about referees decisions and the opposition fans,but the simple truth is we were garbage all over the pitch.
We played like cowards up until the last ten minutes.We were pedestrian and only one team looked like they knew what was onthe line.
I can accept getting beat by a superior team and we go down fighting but they are not a great side yet we stood off them and made tramps like scales walk out from defence like he was Beckenbaur.
If the Manager doesent learn from this and sets us up the same way in the cup final he can leave along with the majority of this team.
I agree with everything you've said , sad thing is , without being a smart arse , most of us probably predicted it if we're being perfectly honest. We're champion bottle merchants when it matters and to hand them 10 points out of 12 during the season ( 7 out of 9 for Clement ) is unacceptable . With the Cup final on the horizon and P.C. approaches it using the same tactics with the same old failures , and we lose , then I think serious questions must be asked and difficult decisions need to be made. I sincerely hope like the rest of us we humiliate these bastards but we're not going to win much, with this squad, especially if our tactician continues in the manner against them.

Last edited:
Going to places like we went to today, goals record is insignificant. He absolutely fails at being an up top striker due to his ability as a footballer. Not very good.
Ehhh,he scored our goal yesterday to get us briefly back in the game,he scored at Ibrox for it to be disallowed wrongly according to former refs and he set up Roof to score in the first game again wrongly ruled out.
He also scores in Europe.
His goals per minute ratio is the highest in the league.
If you are going to slag off our striker at least present some hard facts and yes he does miss chances all strikers do.

We need to go back to the second Walter Smith era approach with a backbone of proper Rangers men from Scotland and Ulster.
Who are these ‘proper Rangers men from Scotland and Ulster’ that you think will improve us enough to win the league?

funnily enough peak Greegs had more than a couple of howlers against them.
Agree mate , but there’s a difference between making a mistake and just not good enough to get there , big man does what he needs to do and is steady enough but I’ve not be having the hysteria surrounding him this season at all , totally in the minority I know but maybe I’m seeing what top EPL teams are seeing

Agree mate , but there’s a difference between making a mistake and just not good enough to get there , big man does what he needs to do and is steady enough but I’ve not be having the hysteria surrounding him this season at all , totally in the minority I know but maybe I’m seeing what top EPL teams are seeing
You know McGregor never played for a top Premier League side either? He played for Hull City. Butland is one of only two players (the other being Sterling) who can really hold his head up high and be content with what he’s given us this season.

You know McGregor never played for a top Premier League side either? He played for Hull City. Butland is one of only two players (the other being Sterling) who can really hold his head up high and be content with what he’s given us this season.
Fair enough , agree he can hold his head high , still don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as the fans think he is

Back