Tottenham close to appointing Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been catching up with multiple pages of this thread. Some observations.

1. It’s been clear for days AP was going to Spurs. I called it a week ago last Saturday. Anyone objective could see it was happening.

2. Too many on here had their judgement obscured by the persistent myth that AP isn’t a good manager, despite all the evidence to the contrary. It doesn’t make you less staunch to admit that.

3. Spurs have been struggling to appoint a new manager because Levy has poisoned the well with his treatment of Mourinho and Conte. No top manager is interested. So AP isn’t so bizarre a choice for them. He likes to play in the attacking style associated with Spurs, and he’s won titles in three leagues on three continents (as well as managing Australia at the World Cup). Spurs are gambling he can make the step up to a tougher league.

4. Compensation to Celtic was never going to be an issue. It’s pocket change to Spurs. So the posts debating the terms of AP’s contract at Celtic were odd. I’ll confine myself to this comment: would AP’s agent put him in a position where he could be sacked with no compensation because a 12 month “fixed term rolling contract” was due to roll over? Of course not - no agent would.

5. Finally, everyone assumes AP is going to fail at Spurs. I’m not so sure. It’s a low bar: can he finish higher than the 8th place they’ve just recorded? Qualify for Europe, which they’ve just failed to do? Win them their first cup for 16 years? If he achieves any of those, I suspect he could still be in place at the end of next season.
Away with you my good man, begone Sir.
Surely you realise common sense and reason have no place here?

All sarcasm aside, a fair assessment academical.

4. Compensation to Celtic was never going to be an issue. It’s pocket change to Spurs. So the posts debating the terms of AP’s contract at Celtic were odd. I’ll confine myself to this comment: would AP’s agent put him in a position where he could be sacked with no compensation because a 12 month “fixed term rolling contract” was due to roll over? Of course not - no agent would.

That's not how the rolling contracts work. It means the manager/club will be due 12 months compensation regardless of when they lose their job/leave for another.

Talk of hefty compensation is nonsensical. There is no chance Daniel Levy paid more than he absolutely had to. Given he didn't sign a further contract there won't be a compensation clause either.

It mattered to us. -I t mattered not a jot in the long run to the outcome of the league or cup

We didn't beat them in any game that mattered. -to anything but the fans - bar the Scottish semi-final last year.

You're talking rubbish tbf.

Saying league matches didn't matter because they ended up winning the league is non sensical.

Pretty sure one guy said £1000 to any charity if this happens
he did and one rocket challenged me as well that if he stayed i was to pay 20 quid to erskine but you know what,im gonna do it anyway as i like to donate to erskine,will he pay the 50 quid though,will he f***

Anyone got Celtic supporting neighbours or 'friends' ? Wee wind up referring to 'Fat Ange' and Boatrace Rodgers and Celtic.

The song, 'I'm Not Your Stepping Stone' sung by 'The Monkees' (1967) might just get under their thin skin and rattle their false beliefs that there is no bigger job in football than managing Celtic.

That's not how the rolling contracts work. It means the manager/club will be due 12 months compensation regardless of when they lose their job/leave for another.

Talk of hefty compensation is nonsensical. There is no chance Daniel Levy paid more than he absolutely had to. Given he didn't sign a further contract there won't be a compensation clause either.
That is not how compensation works.

It is not down to simply buying out the remainder of the contract.

bollocks, flange is on a rolling deal thats about to come to an end, is he really saying they are paying him £5m per month, £60m a year?

no chance.
Rolling deals don't come to an end mate, that's the point in them.

A years pay of sacked and a years wage as compensation if he goes elsewhere.

Nowhere near £5m though

This deluded stuttering Jakeball on clyde recons Brenda would have have been racking up 13 in a row

Sunsport has learned Rodgers is expected to take time away from the game before planning his next career move.

Just enough time to make sure celtc have a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back