Tottenham v Liverpool

Most points a team has ever amassed at this stage of the season although Spurs missed a couple of sitters there.

Spurs could have and should have got something from that game - some woeful finishing has cost them. Liverpool started to look a bit leggy that last 20 minutes which was a surprise.

Sadio Mane for me is now Liverpool's most important player - keep him fit and well they win the league at a canter, if he picks up an injury they might start to struggle a wee bit over the finishing line.

Lots of glory hunting on here!

FF memory banks must have a fascinating tracking of the swingometer of armchair support over the years....

First club ( top 5 European leagues ) to get 61 points from 21 games.

Didn’t play great and stretched their lead over the weekend as a whole.
20 wins, 1 draw, the best start to a season by any team in Europe.

Well done to Liverpool on another wee bit of history.
Regardless of whether you like Liverpool or not....they are incredible stats!

30 years of hurt and yet piss easy in the end.

A lot of dross down the road and they took advantage of having best coach and being well run.

It's possible not to like them and still enjoy watching them though. They are the best side on the planet by miles. I think most people will have mellowed to them understanbly since Gerrard came in.
I'm still amused by what the old archives will show...

Does Piatek - assuming this is who Mourinho goes for - make a difference?

Looked the business at Genoa and early start at AC Milan. Can't say I've seen much of him this season?

Does Piatek - assuming this is who Mourinho goes for - make a difference?

Looked the business at Genoa and early start at AC Milan. Can't say I've seen much of him this season?
Blows hot and cold, and quite one dimensional. But knows where the goal is. Interestingly he says his role model is Harry Kane.

pretty sloppy second half and all self inflicted, liverpool for all their possesion and control got away with one tonight

I'm old enough to remember Liverpool when St John first went there. The Liverpool team under Paisley was the best English team I have ever watched, but the current Liverpool team is the best. Only Clemence, Hanson,Lawrenson , Souness Dalglish and McDermott would have a chance of starting .
It also shows what owners can do. Compare Liverpool v Man v Arsenal, all American owned and miles apart.

They've got the league in the bag and history today.

Question is can they now keep picking up wins and have an uneaten season?

The way it's going its very possible.

Lots of glory hunting on here!

FF memory banks must have a fascinating tracking of the swingometer of armchair support over the years....
I have to admit that historically Liverpool have never been one of my favourites but I'll readily admit that my attitude towards them has softened slightly lately for two main reasons.
1/ Gerrard is a Liverpool Legend and if he's happy, I'm happy for him!
2/ They are undoubtedly the best football team on the planet at the moment and they're a joy to watch.
As the saying goes, you can change your job, you can change your wife, you can change your sexual orientation and you can even change your religion but you can't change your football team!
That's true for the team you support but thankfully doesn't apply to teams from other countries that you quite enjoy watching and decide to root for them from time to time for one reason or another.

For the first time I now firmly believe Liverpool will be Champions. I always thought Man City would be jammy bastards and just pip them but there's just no way now.

I don't like Liverpool but like many here I'll be chuffed for the boss.

For the first time I now firmly believe Liverpool will be Champions. I always thought Man City would be jammy bastards and just pip them but there's just no way now.

I don't like Liverpool but like many here I'll be chuffed for the boss.

I'll only be chuffed for Gerrard should we win '55. Rangers league champions then Gerrard and Liverpool can have their time.

They've got the league in the bag and history today.

Question is can they now keep picking up wins and have an uneaten season?

The way it's going its very possible.

No chance unbeaten.

They will skoosh league by early March and then be able to take foot off the gas.

I have to admit that historically Liverpool have never been one of my favourites but I'll readily admit that my attitude towards them has softened slightly lately for two main reasons.
1/ Gerrard is a Liverpool Legend and if he's happy, I'm happy for him!
2/ They are undoubtedly the best football team on the planet at the moment and they're a joy to watch.
As the saying goes, you can change your job, you can change your wife, you can change your sexual orientation and you can even change your religion but you can't change your football team!
That's true for the team you support but thankfully doesn't apply to teams from other countries that you quite enjoy watching and decide to root for them from time to time for one reason or another.
"As the saying goes, you can change your job, you can change your wife, you can change your sexual orientation and you can even change your religion but you can't change your football team!"

Really? Have you got experience with this? :))

I'm old enough to remember Liverpool when St John first went there. The Liverpool team under Paisley was the best English team I have ever watched, but the current Liverpool team is the best. Only Clemence, Hanson,Lawrenson , Souness Dalglish and McDermott would have a chance of starting .
It also shows what owners can do. Compare Liverpool v Man v Arsenal, all American owned and miles apart.
You missing out our manager who’d get in most Liverpool teams over history

The debate about the style of football is very good.

Neville suggesting we’ve evolved past the stifling and hitting on the counter-he has a point when he says even the newly promoted teams don’t do that.

Jamie Redknapp stunned me with probably his best contribution in 20 years by interjecting “yes, if you play like that you need to get a result now”

Probably worthy of a separate thread-someone start one if they can be arsed eh? :D

Liverpool are actually the Protestant club in the city, that’s a fact. Do a bit of research and it’s easy to see why bears side with the reds.

Doesn’t change the fact that on here they were a scum club, the poets of england, cheating bastards etc etc etc not so long ago

It just looks a bit daft for people to suddenly decide that’s not the case anymore and cosy up to them. I love Gerrard, but to be honest I don’t feel like I need to mellow to or even like Liverpool because he’s our manager. That being said, I’m quite happy for them winning the league because it’ll make a nice change. Just wish they hadn’t won it by December because the leagues a bore now.

Bowery Boys hit the nail on the head though, it’s a common theme. At one point you could easily have mistaken FF for a Chelsea Forum, where are those guys now with the daily Chelsea updates?!

Liverpool are actually the Protestant club in the city, that’s a fact. Do a bit of research and it’s easy to see why bears side with the reds.
Everton were founded by members of the Orange Lodge. I've asked many scousers about this and TBH the vast majority don't give a fvkk.

Liverpool have the league practically wrapped up now. They are coasting games at ease now and know how to see them out.

As for Spurs poor yet again and the tactics deployed my Mourinho well it was horrific to watch injuries are no excuses for that set up and display practically a containment job even I couldn't get to grips with what they were implementing and it didn't look like the players knew what they were doing either.

Dreadful stuff.

Back