Traffic management post game.

I was going to post on the same lines; just got home - sat for about 50 mins crawling up Paisley Road West. Getting away from games is becoming a real big issue; i've tried all the routes over the last few weeks that have been fine for decades - all have been bad. Train strikes clearly do not help when we have so many games on a Sunday. Result aside that makes for a really crap end to the match day experience; I had my two kids and two of their mates in the car today and I can't see any of them being too happy to repeat that 50 minute traffice jam.
THIS is the reason for the ‘ subway loyal’.
prw is gridlocked at the end of every game.
sitting there for ages and the traffic management parking proposal might go through. There’s no movement in either direction and no room for emergency vehicles to get passed it.

I gave my money in good faith to a wee ned in broomloan road who said he’d watch my motor when I got back to the car after the final whistle the wee guy was no where to be seen and someone had bent my nearside mirror inwards. F&ckin amateur hour Rangers, I want answers.

Supporters buses are just as bad , you get home in normal time aye but leave on 88 mins latest and sprint to the bus else your stuck

Shieldhall Road (westbound) was at a complete standstill after the game today. Had to eventually turn round and head back towards the stadium, then cut down Craigton Road towards Elder Park, and then onto Govan Riad.

We did the same.

Eventually got into Renfrew and it was a fucking car park as the swing bridge was shut, and loads of traffic had been trying to get through Renfrew due to the M8 being shut

Eventually got home at 7pm. 8 miles away from the stadium.

Supporters buses are just as bad , you get home in normal time aye but leave on 88 mins latest and sprint to the bus else your stuck
I agree on the time factor. But sitting in a bus saves you the stress of driving. I much prefer it. (Also my bus waits on PRW so got plenty of time after full time to walk back as it’s going fkn nowhere for 10 minutes).

Seems to me there is hell of lot more fans travelling by car which suggests less supporters busses maybe. Could just be a temporary thing because of COVID fears. Any on here in the know about the number of busses compared to before ?

Took me a hour just to get down Paisley Rd west traffic just wasn’t moving and it’s because folk wouldn’t use the bus lane some mustn’t know it’s not active on a Sunday lol

I park near the Pakistani Consulate. Left the house in Simshill at 2, parked for 20 past and in the ground for just before quarter to. Stayed until the end and was home for 25 past 5

Pretty similar timeline to you mate for going. Home for about 10 to 6 coming back although I waited at the end until the stadium was almost emptied so I could have a piss in peace. I park at Admiral Street at Paisley Road Toll.

The walk after the match is fine and I am home (near the Rangers end of Hampden) far quicker than if I park at the Mosque on Paisley Road West at the top Edmiston Drive.

You would think though with several access points to the motorways close by it would mean quicker clearing of traffic.

What is the most environmentally friendly way to improve the getaway time from Ibrox? Do we need better public transport - subway, buses, trains? That is when people will listen.

The Malmö game was the worst I’ve ever experienced. Normally park on shieldhall road. Could only get in the car park at the greggs. I could have walked to Bishopbriggs quicker. Sat in car park until about 2310 before traffic moved. Home at 2350. Utter disgrace. Manipulated by celtic supporting scumbags who run the Clyde tunnel maintenance schedule and the polieas alaba or whatever shite is written on their vehicles. Shit show.

Agreed, there are quite a few options for those willing and able to walk for a bit; its the whole situation and lack of good traffic management closer to the ground that is the real problem. There are no obvious sticking plaster solutions to that.
A few times I've been on Shieldhall Road facing west and not far from R/a 10 minutes up road starting to get move on and see someone from next seat just get in their car so agree walking further to the ground might get you a space to avoid main jams.

I live 3 miles from Ibrox and it took me 1 hour to drive home tonight.

Traffic on PRW past Bellahouston Park was at an almost standstill.

Seems to me there is hell of lot more fans travelling by car which suggests less supporters busses maybe. Could just be a temporary thing because of COVID fears. Any on here in the know about the number of busses compared to before ?
No Sunday trains. I usually get train to Exhibition centre, 15min walk to the stadium (sometimes a pint at Village Hotel). Have to drive with the train strikes. Much worse experience but needs must.

Scotlands finest can't get back in their mini buses quick enough for the 500 metre trip back to Helen St for their tea.

Meanwhile, traffic cops lead a one way procession across Duke St up to Cumbernauld Rd at full time in the East End.

Takes over an hour to drive back to East Kilbride , so always end up sleep deprived if it's a mid week game. Have been parking on Clifford st , takes 30 mins to move onto paisley rd ...will try find somewhere closer to motorway on Wednesday night

I live 3 miles from Ibrox and it took me 1 hour to drive home tonight.

Traffic on PRW past Bellahouston Park was at an almost standstill.
It’s definitely been worse this season. Traffic is very slow until past cardonald. I drive out to hillington to pick up the m8 east, normally straight forward albeit a few extra miles but a slog yesterday. At least the Livingston diversion hadn’t kicked in.

Pretty similar timeline to you mate for going. Home for about 10 to 6 coming back although I waited at the end until the stadium was almost emptied so I could have a piss in peace. I park at Admiral Street at Paisley Road Toll.

The walk after the match is fine and I am home (near the Rangers end of Hampden) far quicker than if I park at the Mosque on Paisley Road West at the top Edmiston Drive.

You would think though with several access points to the motorways close by it would mean quicker clearing of traffic.

What is the most environmentally friendly way to improve the getaway time from Ibrox? Do we need better public transport - subway, buses, trains? That is when people will listen.
Good point, carbon footprint of games at either Old Firm ground must be massive as both have crap public transport links. Compared with https://netzerocarbon.com/news/spur...s-first-net-zero-carbon-elite-football-match/

Don't imagine we'll see that promoted at COP 26

Fan survey is focusing on travel for the first time this season:

Rangers FC v PSV Eindhoven
Tuesday 22 August
8pm Kick-Off
Rangers are committed to working with all supporters to assist with safe and timely access to all matches. We appreciate your support for our team on European nights at Ibrox, and we want to make sure you have a smooth and enjoyable experience. As we continue our European adventure, we would love to hear your feedback to ensure we understand the issues encountered.

We would kindly ask supporters to take some time to fill in the following survey, which will mainly be focused on your travel to Tuesday night’s fixture vs PSV Eindhoven.

Your feedback is essential to ensure the club provide the best possible fan experience.

Thank you for your continued and loyal support.​

Emails out at 3pm.

Just came on to post this. Club are specifically looking for feedback regarding how you get to and from the game, and how it can be improved.

A positive step.

Post match survey emails are out for St Johnstone game.

I changed my post match routine after the Aris game, heading into NEH for a drink (probably less than an hour) and getting home to Edinburgh about the same time without the stress.

Last night we actually got away from Helen Street within 5 minutes- simply because a traffic cop was on the roundabout and stopped all traffic from Shields Road allowing the supporters buses to get away quickly

Back