Tragic death of a young bear, 6, on holiday in Majorca

As a parent myself who lost a daughter just short of her 9th birthday back in1993,the pain at times can be overwhelming, yes it does get a bit easier as time goes by,but it's always there and you try your best to deal with it,my heart goes out to the family of this young boy, sleep tight young bear.

Terrible news. 6 years old ….Jesus.

Thoughts with the family at this heartbreaking time for them.

Absolutely devastating news that no parent and family should go through. I think the family have close connections with Ardoyne Rangers supporters club. Deepest condolences to the whole family circle and hope you gain the strength to cope with this awful tragedy.

It says Lifeguards performed CPR, I wonder what they were doing during the critical moment.

Unimaginable heartache for the family. Thoughts are with them.
It only takes a second, plus sadly can’t always see what’s going on especially if pool busy

A tragic reminder to all caregivers not to take your eye off a child who can’t swim even for a second.

Lost for words , I can’t think of anything worse to happen to a family, rest easy wee bear
This exactly. ^

If by any chance the family read this then can I just say I’m so so sorry for the devastating loss of your precious wee boy.
I am a total believer in The Lord, Heaven, resurrection and reconciliation at the end of time - the whole kit and caboodle. But when something like this happens I think God fully expects us to rant at Him and cry what the …?! The one thing I would say for evidence that there is indeed Hope for eternity being something real to cling to is the ache that you feel. That ache is evidence of love, of a love and connection that is so strong, it’s almost tangible. It’s as real as your wee bear was/is. It’s unbreakable and holds you close together until you can one day be together again.
Please hang on to the hope of an old Christian who believes that, although not with you here for now - agonisingly and unfathomably so - your wee bear still is; and will be kept safe with Jesus until that glorious day when everything is eventually made new.

With great love

Last edited:
Heartbreaking. I sent a complaint into the Daily Mail at lunchtime after reading this. They had a feckin map of Majorca with the area marked on the island where the hotel was and on the same graphic where the love island villa is. Fucking disgrace

This exactly. ^

If by any chance the family read this then can I just say I’m so so sorry for the devastating loss of your precious wee boy.
I am a total believer in The Lord, Heaven, resurrection and reconciliation at the end of time - the whole kit and caboodle. But when something like this happens I think God fully expects us to rant at Him and cry what the …?! The one thing I would say for evidence that there is indeed Hope for eternity being something real to cling to is the ache that you feel. That ache is evidence of love, of a love and connection that is so strong, it’s almost tangible. It’s as real as your wee bear was/is. It’s unbreakable and holds you close together until you can one day be together again.
Please hang on to the Hope of an old Christian who believes that, although not with you here for now - agonisingly and unfathomably so - your wee bear still is; and will be kept safe with Jesus until that glorious day when everything is eventually made new.

With great love
I’m not religious but can feel your sincerity in this post. Must admit it must be a huge comfort to have that belief.

As I dad myself I just cannot imagine what this family are going through. All the love in the world to them, rest easy wee bear.

At my nephews wedding on Thursday when his father in law got a call to say his nephew had been in a tragic accident on his first day on holiday.
We got a call on Saturday to say that they where keeping Cory alive on a life support so his organs could be donated.
Absolutely heartbreaking for the whole family.

I’m not religious but can feel your sincerity in this post. Must admit it must be a huge comfort to have that belief.

As I dad myself I just cannot imagine what this family are going through. All the love in the world to them, rest easy wee bear.
I think it’s the truth brother. As you say, all the love in the world to them.

Thats absolutely tragic. No consolation or anything to be positive about..just awful. Poor kid and poor family

Heart breaking stuff and a tough read that. Cannot think of a worse feeling to have than losing one of my kids. I hope the family have a strong support network because I can only imagine the feelings they are experiencing right now.

Such a tragedy, and hope the parents can get through the tough journey ahead. My condolences to all the family.

Rest easy Wee Bear.

Back