Transfers from Russian league

the only way is up

I’d imagine more than a few Russian players will be desperate to move given no European football on the horizon for them. UEFA have allowed, indeed already changed the rules to allow Russian and Ukrainian players to join new clubs and play European football mid season. Anyone know if this is an area we’ve given more focus? Our increased profile and their current position might mean certain higher profile players are now within realistic reach.

I’d imagine more than a few Russian players will be desperate to move given no European football on the horizon for them. UEFA have allowed, indeed already changed the rules to allow Russian and Ukrainian players to join new clubs and play European football mid season. Anyone know if this is an area we’ve given more focus? Our increased profile and their current position might mean certain higher profile players are now within realistic reach.
Funny I’m just off wiki seeing Gyerno Kerk formerly of Utrecht is now plying his trade in Moscow!

Funny I’m just off wiki seeing Gyerno Kerk formerly of Utrecht is now plying his trade in Moscow!
He’d certainly fit the bill though caught on a fairly long contract. A tricky one as I can’t see players let go when it’s more difficult to bring replacements in. Bakaev? full Russian international and his contract is up this year.

Why the fuk would we want to give any Russians an exit route from that shit-hole abomination of a country?
Non Russians maybe, but let their players and people inflect and maybe question the reason they're deservedly being treated like pariahs. Maybe they'll grow a set and join heros like Navalny in opposing the tyrant, responsible for destroying them and their neighbors.

Why the fuk would we want to give any Russians an exit route from that shit-hole abomination of a country?
Non Russians maybe, but let their players and people inflect and maybe question the reason they're deservedly being treated like pariahs. Maybe they'll grow a set and join heros like Navalny in opposing the tyrant, responsible for destroying them and their neighbors.
Why? I think the answer is in your reply, or is Navalny the only Russian feeling oppressed by their leadership.

Yea it's the Russian peoples fault they have a madman for a leader. It's such a simplistic way of looking at things almost childlike. I guess we should be pariahs everywhere we go as well then, considering our illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan or are we allowed to do it but no else is because we are the good guys.

Hardly them who’s declared war on Ukraine FFS.

Yea it's the Russian peoples fault they have a madman for a leader. It's such a simplistic way of looking at things almost childlike. I guess we should be pariahs everywhere we go as well then, considering our illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan or are we allowed to do it but no else is because we are the good guys.
They have to be pariahs as anything would be used as propaganda by their regime.

I don't think it's the professional footballers that's going to war with the Ukraine.

Fcuk them.

If you cannot differentiate between the West's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what the Russians are doing to Ukraine, I'd suggest it's your intellect and understanding that's sadly lacking.
And I'd like you to tell a few members of our forces that their actions were comparable to those of the Russian forces, and the despicable war crimes they continue to inflict on the Ukranian people. Russia and it's people will remain pariahs until reparation is made, and rightly so.

If you cannot differentiate between the West's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what the Russians are doing to Ukraine, I'd suggest it's your intellect and understanding that's sadly lacking.
And I'd like you to tell a few members of our forces that their actions were comparable to those of the Russian forces, and the despicable war crimes they continue to inflict on the Ukranian people. Russia and it's people will remain pariahs until reparation is made, and rightly so.

The difference is you agreed with one and not the other.

The difference is you agreed with one and not the other.

You have no idea of my opinion of the 2 wars you referred to.
There appeared to be legitimate reasons to go in, but hindsight confirms that the Iraq war was started on the back of deliberate misinformation, predominantly from the Bush administration. Our leaders (in the UK at least) were ultimately held accountable for the lies, but you could also argue that Sadam was a tyrant better removed.
The Afghan war was more legitimate, but as has been proved, a bit of a disaster.

What Russia is doing to Ukraine is a form of genocide and the attempted annihilation of a nation, with no legitimate reason at all.

If you cannot see the difference, maybe go to Russia, express your opinions openly, and you'll soon find out.

Ultimately yes it is.

Can you please link to any competent body which declared these wars illegal? I won't hold my breath.

Did they not lie about WMD's, the whole reason for invading Iraq. What was the legal basis for invading Afghanistan?

Its interesting to see in these days of do no wrong how quickly people join in a lynching when they think they can get away with it.

It’s also worth noting that Navalny is also a nationalist piece of trash that likens immigrants to rats & supported the annexation of Crimea, along with backing imperialist hostility toward Moldova & other former-soviet states. He’s 5% less shit than Putin, but he’s still a shit excuse for a leader of a modern country.

The guy’s fearless but he’s an arsehole.

It’s also worth noting that Navalny is also a nationalist piece of trash that likens immigrants to rats & supported the annexation of Crimea, along with backing imperialist hostility toward Moldova & other former-soviet states. He’s 5% less shit than Putin, but he’s still a shit excuse for a leader of a modern country.

The guy’s fearless but he’s an arsehole.

He's definitely taken some dubious positions and made a few questionable statements in the past, but he's tried to walk those back and denied he holds those positions.
I'm not a fan of Russia, in general they're a pretty racist bunch (from my experience), but at least Navalny is pro democracy and anti the corruption and nepotism that has given Putin the power to do what he does. Could do with a few more of them speaking out.

He's definitely taken some dubious positions and made a few questionable statements in the past, but he's tried to walk those back and denied he holds those positions.
I'm not a fan of Russia, in general they're a pretty racist bunch (from my experience), but at least Navalny is pro democracy and anti the corruption and nepotism that has given Putin the power to do what he does. Could do with a few more of them speaking out.
easy to say from the comfort of the UK but not so sure you would be speaking out if you still had family in Russia when they could potentially be murdered/ put in prison

Back