Travelling fans ?

talkingsportsjacket

Sitting last night pre match talking to the old guy behind me and was telling
me he had travelled up hours ago from Nottingham.
He is at every game ,then was telling me about his mates, he meets on the way up from all over England.
Others that have season tickets all over the ground, are from Coventry ,Derby ,Liverpool ,Barrow and more.

They come to EVERY game ,and stay in hotels after the game.
Says you would not believe how big we are all over England ,as if i didnt know ,esp. with the sacrifice they make to come to our stadium.
Fling in the others that come over the water from N.Ireland on early morning boats ,thats dedication.
I think its a trek coming from 45 minutes away. :rolleyes:
Cap doffed.

There’s an English guy that sits behind me that travels with his young grandson every home game

there’s also a Swiss guy that regularly sits near us as well he travels from Basel I believe

I can only manage 2/3 games a season, never a chore and always look forward to my trips up, next for me Motherwell at home in April, meeting up with one of my mates who’s coming up from Southampton, hats off to those who travel big distances on a more regular basis, fans like no others on the planet.

Normal match day, i leave the house 5.30am. Bus at 5.45am, boat at 7.30am. In Glasgow for 11.30am. Straight back after the game for the 8pm boat home and back in the local for 11pm. That’s a Saturday/Sunday game

For midweek bus picks us up at 9am, boat at 10.30am in Glasgow for about 2.30pm. Back straight after the game for the midnight boat home. Back in the house about 3am. If your unlucky and miss the midnight boat then it’s the 4am sailing which doesn’t get me back to 7am

But wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s a way of life and I’ll be doing it until I physically can’t anymore. I do this journey sometimes 2/3 times a week depending on fixtures. Try not to miss a home game if possible in all competitions.

Try maybe 3/4 aways a season to including Europe. All my holidays in work is used for basically the football

Sitting last night pre match talking to the old guy behind me and was telling
me he had travelled up hours ago from Nottingham.
He is at every game ,then was telling me about his mates, he meets on the way up from all over England.
Others that have season tickets all over the ground, are from Coventry ,Derby ,Liverpool ,Barrow and more.

They come to EVERY game ,and stay in hotels after the game.
Says you would not believe how big we are all over England ,as if i didnt know ,esp. with the sacrifice they make to come to our stadium.
Fling in the others that come over the water from N.Ireland on early morning boats ,thats dedication.
I think its a trek coming from 45 minutes away. :rolleyes:
Cap doffed.
Yet you get loads of subway loyals who refuse to stay to the end of a game that’s in the balance.

Normal match day, i leave the house 5.30am. Bus at 5.45am, boat at 7.30am. In Glasgow for 11.30am. Straight back after the game for the 8pm boat home and back in the local for 11pm. That’s a Saturday/Sunday game

For midweek bus picks us up at 9am, boat at 10.30am in Glasgow for about 2.30pm. Back straight after the game for the midnight boat home. Back in the house about 3am. If your unlucky and miss the midnight boat then it’s the 4am sailing which doesn’t get me back to 7am

But wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s a way of life and I’ll be doing it until I physically can’t anymore. I do this journey sometimes 2/3 times a week depending on fixtures. Try not to miss a home game if possible in all competitions.

Try maybe 3/4 aways a season to including Europe. All my holidays in work is used for basically the football
David graham was speaking about this on heart and hand he said that he’s basically just got in off the ferry after a midweek game and headed straight out of the door for work

David graham was speaking about this on heart and hand he said that he’s basically just got in off the ferry after a midweek game and headed straight out of the door for work

Have done it many times mate when the holidays were drying up

Years ago when i drove for a living for a Euro match I was only allowed the one day of, the day of the game. So down the road after the match, missed the boat. Had to wait to 4am
Sailing. In the house for 7am, quick shower and cup of tea to start work at 7.45am. Was never as tired in all my life and how I stayed awake the next day at the wheel of the van I’ll never know lol

Hats off the the support who rack up the bear miles travelling.

Getting home at 11:15pm for a Wednesday night game got to take for granted compared to the effort others have to put in to get to Ibrox.

Respect.

Have done it many times mate when the holidays were drying up

Years ago when i drove for a living for a Euro match I was only allowed the one day of, the day of the game. So down the road after the match, missed the boat. Had to wait to 4am
Sailing. In the house for 7am, quick shower and cup of tea to start work at 7.45am. Was never as tired in all my life and how I stayed awake the next day at the wheel of the van I’ll never know lol
I did it once after we played man utd at old trafford in the champions league the last time we drew 0-0.flew over to Glasgow the night before went down on the glassy Loyal bus back to Glasgow straight down to prestwick for flight to Dublin,drove straight from Dublin airport to my work and in work for 8.15.to say was hanging by finishing time as 4.30 was an understatement.

My round trip drive is 150 mile but am retired so no dramas.
Mentioned else where but would love to have some where for some semi decent food to have pre match and that revenue goes to the club. £15 per match would be my expectation for edible food & a drinkable coffee.
Over a season thats almost another season ticket.
PS I Stay for the final whistle

I did it once after we played man utd at old trafford in the champions league the last time we drew 0-0.flew over to Glasgow the night before went down on the glassy Loyal bus back to Glasgow straight down to prestwick for flight to Dublin,drove straight from Dublin airport to my work and in work for 8.15.to say was hanging by finishing time as 4.30 was an understatement.

Even though I’m back around 11ish for Sunday games, being up early travelling all day and drinking most the day, Monday mornings after Sunday games can be a struggle to lol

Same game, coach from Manchester arrived back at Victoria at 4 am, walked across London to the City and started work

I remember the Graz away game, boys from NI on KP bus had come over for Selkirk away on the Saturday, stayed for trip to Graz, arrived back on Friday afternoon, home match Saturday afternoon and Stadium announcement 15 minutes from end of match to say all ferries to NI have been cancelled due to weather.

These 4 guys had been away from home for over a week for 3 matches and had travelled about 3000 miles.

Mega respect.

Hats off totally staunch

Fair play to guys from england norn iron etc that travel every week some dedication well done

Hats off totally staunch

I’m lucky I’m in a position to get to matches as my job is pretty flexible for midweeks but there’s many guys stauncher who unfortunatley can’t make midweeks due to work commitments

I have to say though i had to miss last night and missing ross County next week as I just have no leave left in work. Hate missing home games but can’t be be helped at times. However new holiday year starts in Feb so normal service will resume then for midweeks lol

Superb mate , and you get people from Glasgow complaining about traffic and leaving at 75/80 mins. You put those to shame.

Our bus goes from Elgin to every home game, 07:30 to 22:00 for a Saturday game and 13:00 to 03:00 for a midweek game. The bus journeys are tremendous, when we played Ross County away a few months ago I saw some lads coming off buses and said to a mate "thats us every week" :D
We are well travelled, but meet lads at Ibrox on the road who have far bigger journeys than us.

Our bus goes from Elgin to every home game, 07:30 to 22:00 for a Saturday game and 13:00 to 03:00 for a midweek game. The bus journeys are tremendous, when we played Ross County away a few months ago I saw some lads coming off buses and said to a mate "thats us every week" :D
We are well travelled, but meet lads at Ibrox on the road who have far bigger journeys than us.

That’s nearly worse than our journeys. At least we have a boat journey to break it up a bit for us lol

I love the dedication, superb, I'd do it myself if I had the time and money and I'm in Dunoon, last night was only my 3rd game this season, all 75 mins of it :eek::))

If I'm travelling from the Highlands it would normally be on the bus, didn't have one on boxing day. I've not made many games this season due to an illness in the family so didn't want to miss this one, journey was four hours there and four back. I was cream crackered by the time I got home, I think i'll stick to getting blootered at the back of a bus in future.

I did it from Southern England for half a season. I think I missed two or three League games and a League Cup tie. Used to get the overnight bus up and the overnight bus back after the game. It was as shite as it sounds! And I probably smelled like i'd been at Parkhead.

The good part about living down there though is its a lot cheaper and much easier for European away games.

get up at least once a month from Stoke. My season ticket is used by good bears from my friends when I can’t get up. Wouldn’t miss it. I’m so proud to fly the flag when I can’t get to games. My local will put every game on TV for me instead of the EPL too.

I often moan about the traffic on the M8 getting into Ibrox, embarrasing really when you hear the travel's of some of our fans. No doubt I take it for granted.

Must say however I would love to experience a lot of these trips mentioned, albeit maybe not every game.

Moved to London in 97 and been travelling up regularly every season. It's not a hardship, but it does do a lot of damage to the wallet and liver!

There’s a boy from the Plymouth True Blues who attends every home game. The PTBs also do an enormous amount of fundraising for Rangers related charities. They are a fantastic bunch of guys and girls.

I don't travel as far as some but I come down from Kyle of Lochalsh for most games. A good part of the journey is single track Road barely fit for horse and cart.

Back