Travis guitarist

Dougie would drop into the Big Apple Bears to watch games, he lived in New York for a time when his wife was filming. He had a close friend that was a BABs member and came with him.
Talking about NYC, I didn’t realize you got saddled with Delia over the summer.

I gave up my season tickets in 2019 so haven't had to endure him. Three losses prior to closedown, two losses since.
I watched the game last night, and just about fell off my chair when I saw him. City put up a bit of a fight either side of half time but were outclassed over the 90

Remember Dougie was in for a game at the old Rangers supporters boozer in Smithfield Market. Must be going back 15 years.

Used to go to alot of their gigs and kick about with them.

Best mates cousin was Frans best mate and roadie so we got to know them through him

Cracking guys with a some great songs

Brilliant band. Driftwood is probably a personal favourite. Pretty simplistic poem made into a great song.

Good to see him proudly nail his colours to the wall unlike simon neil from biffy who always seems embarrased to say hes a bluenose.My old mans a Francis and is as staunch as they come!

Don't quote me on it, but I'm sure with Travis, only the lead singer was a celtic fan.

Went to Woodfarm High School near Giffnock. Definitely a blue nose as was about 90% of the pupils. A pretty sharp guy, if not a little excentric.

Probably one of his first gigs was in the school assembly hall in around 1988. Think the band he was in at the time was called Trident.

Dougie plays Bass.

Travis used to rehearse above The Horseshoe Bar so when they won their Brit Award they gave it to the Horseshoe to put behind the bar.

It sat there for years, think it’s moved upstairs now.

This is excellent news. I always assumed they were celtic fans. Been listening to them for 20 years and bizarrely only seen them live in December for the 1st time. Was a great gig

When Why Does It ways Rain On Me was popular it seemed every festival they sang it the rain would start. We were out in Playa Del Carmen sitting in JJ's bar and a guy started singing it on the karaoke and it started to rain. Owner of the bar said it was the first rain that year. As a wee aside JJ's was run by a family of Leeds United fans and the bar roof was covered in football strips but no green & grey. I asked the guy out of curiosity why and he said he couldn't stand them or their fans as all they do is sing anti British songs and were generally pains in the ass.

Morning Brad

Morning :)

Ok, i'll give you she's not a complete pig, but there is absolutely nothing special about her at all. You could see women like her walking through town and not give them a second glance, folk only find her hot cos she's 'off the telly'.

I remember in the TV build up before a cup final years ago they asked a lot of Scottish bands who they were supporting and when Travis came on I was surprised when Dougie boldly announces "Rangers". Fran Healy's face was tripping him in the background.

Fran Healey's face might have been tripping him because as soon as any sportsman, musician or celebrity comes out in favour of us or them 50% of their target audience is lost.
Stupid, I know but them's the roolz

Remember that jakey boxer from Croy who said he only wanted Celtic supporters to cheer from him. Baby Jake Matlala Loyals springing up everywhere. And the pikey cvnt got a boxing lesson.

Neil is a nat so that's probably why.
Seen an interview where they had to practically drag out of him being a Rangers fan,actually seen him at the uefa cup final but was probably nowhere to be seen when we were in the lower divisions.

Every member other than the English lead singer supports Rangers. Lead singer does not like Alex Salmond though so won't be a tim either.

Fran Healey's face might have been tripping him because as soon as any sportsman, musician or celebrity comes out in favour of us or them 50% of their target audience is lost.

Remember that jakey boxer from Croy who said he only wanted Celtic supporters to cheer from him. Baby Jake Matlala Loyals springing up everywhere. And the pikey cvnt got a boxing lesson.
I was at that fight. Think it was Ben who was the main draw. Baby Jake mangled him. Sublime.

Celebrities who support the other lot seem to be more confident in nailing their colours.

Gordon Ramsey's pubic persona is absolute wanker. That's going to impact on things.
I don't think it is, he is one of the most popular chefs in the world, loved in the States and his programmes are watched world wide.
Saying he played (whether he did or not ) for Rangers and is a fan, well as far as I am concerend is a good thing. People do like him and his arrogant style otherwise he wouldnt have been on the TV for the last 20 years.

Back