Trevon Steven sportsound

Best footballer i’ve seen in a Rangers jersey, and i include Laudrup and Gascoigne in that.

Steven pre-Marseille move was easily one of the best midfielders in Europe. Post-Marseille not quite the same, admittedly.

Souness should have moved him into the centre of the park!
To be fair H84, at that time Souness just rejuvenated our club with bringing these type of guys in, without us making judgement on where he should play them.

I mentioned Zizkov as a low point. One of my highest Souness games was the famous 5-1 when Wilkins scored a screamer.

Try googling it. Not just H84, every Rangers fan to see the Wilkins goal I talk about. It shows you what we are up against.

Google it and it should come straight up. Not in todays world.

Like the previous poster said the sacked in the morning episode he done was class the story he told about super regarding papin was class typical McCoist.

To be fair H84, at that time Souness just rejuvenated our club with bringing these type of guys in, without us making judgement on where he should play them.

I mentioned Zizkov as a low point. One of my highest Souness games was the famous 5-1 when Wilkins scored a screamer.

Try googling it. Not just H84, every Rangers fan to see the Wilkins goal I talk about. It shows you what we are up against.

Google it and it should come straight up. Not in todays world.
I’ve seen it about 100 times mateB-Da goal made in England..;)

(Souness should still have moved him infield though.)

Souness was mentally aware, maybe he was hoodwinked in to the finance side of things.

Some of the players he brought in roll off the tongue.

Others who rarely get mentioned. Trevor Francis, ffs, Look back at the guys career and we brought him here.

You would think the scottish media would talk up what we brought to scottish football, and talk up the game. But sadly we know them.

Best footballer i’ve seen in a Rangers jersey, and i include Laudrup and Gascoigne in that.

Steven pre-Marseille move was easily one of the best midfielders in Europe. Post-Marseille not quite the same, admittedly.
Bed

His corner kick technique used to mesmerise me as a kid. The way his leg swung across his body horizontally and totally straight after kicking the ball.

He used to live next door to my mother in law (in Edinburgh I think). She just casually mentioned this one day that some English guy called “Trev” used to live next door to her and that he was a top level footballer.

He was on a H&H pod a couple of years ago (I think it was Steven Harrigan interviewing) and talked about when he was going in to ses the doctor, essentially to be told that he was finished as a footballer, that McCoist insisted on going into the meeting with him, just so he wasn't just left sitting alone on the other side of the desk having his worst fears confirmed.

People forget he scored the 1st goal of 96/97.

He was one of my favourite players but his last 3 seasons with us made Roofe look robust.

I always thought he was a good player but not as good as others thought.

I always thought he was a good player but not as good as others thought.

His first spell he was head and shoulders above anyone else in the league, at a time when Scottish football was a reasonable standard and light years ahead of what it is today.

Even when he came back he was a class act on the pitch, but seemed to pick up far too many injuries.

Does he still stay up here?
He stayed in Bothwell until about 10 -15 years ago. So long after he finished playing he was still up here. Then he moved to Dubi to work for a sports channel. I can always remember he fell into the river Clyde when he was out walking his dog. He had to be rescued by the fire service. It was in the paper.

Last edited:
Strange thing to remember but shared a ham and pineapple pizza with him down stairs in the Nile Bar one Saturday night.

That aside, great player, absolutely class.

He stayed in Bothwell until about 10 -15 years ago. So long after he finished playing he was still up here. Then he moved to Dubi to work for a sports channel. I can always remember he fell into the river Clyde when he was out walking his dog. He had to be rescued by the fire service. It was in the paper.

A nice happy ending

Back