Try to help Older Bears renew season tickets

georgeclooney

I got a call from an older gentleman that never got a renewal email.
It turns out that he had never renewed online before and Rangers had sent his renewal to a defunct email address.
This got sorted out and he got to renew his season ticket.
After chatting to him for a couple of minutes I found out that he had not used his VST for the whole of this season . I had to create a log in for him to watch tomorrow's game as I never knew that he has missed watching the home games.

It turns out that he had never renewed online before and Rangers had sent his renewal to a defunct email address.
After chatting to him for a couple of minutes I found out that he had not used his VST for the whole of this season . I had to create a log in for him to watch tomorrow's game as I never knew that he has missed watching the home games.
Thats a shame. Good on you for helping him out on that.

Well done mate. I kinda know where your coming from cos I pull my hair out every home game telling my dad how to log on to the VST. And I mean every game haha

Well done mate.
Has he missed all home and away games?

It's a bit of a shame that some of the older folks have no support. Had to walk my mum through it for my dad last year too. Even that was painful.

Never considered there would be people out there who didn't even see the home games they are paying for. Club should support them too. Not everyone can just ping an email out and deal with shit.

Well played, OP. Cap Doffed.

I suspect he will still have a problem. He will need a Redeem Code to verify his entitlement to watch as a VST viewer. He obviously won’t have the original (which will have expired anyway).

Probably too late for tomorrow - though it might be possible to get him sorted for Trophy Day. Will need an email to Ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk with his ST details and an explanation though. Not easy to fix on his behalf. If he drops in then maybe the SLO @Greg Marshall might be able to help out but, again, it would require all the old boys details. Probably the easy option at this stage is just to find him somewhere he could watch on Sky in all honesty (does he have someone in his bubble?) if you know someone who could help facilitate that.

I suspect he will still have a problem. He will need a Redeem Code to verify his entitlement to watch as a VST viewer. He obviously won’t have the original (which will have expired anyway).

Probably too late for tomorrow - though it might be possible to get him sorted for Trophy Day. Will need an email to Ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk with his ST details and an explanation though. Not easy to fix on his behalf. If he drops in then maybe the SLO @Greg Marshall might be able to help out but, again, it would require all the old boys details. Probably the easy option at this stage is just to find him somewhere he could watch on Sky in all honesty (does he have someone in his bubble?) if you know someone who could help facilitate that.
Thanks for the info. I will make sure that he gets to watch the game tomorrow.
The renewal has been sorted.

Well played OP.

I'm not the sharpest with technology and needed help setting up the VST from someone of good standing from this Parish.

Take a bow watty200. :)

superb mate .take a bow . a call to arms for the young ones .
a lot of us older bears are just not into tech stuff and def need advised on this sort of thing .
well done to the OP .
Warms the heart

Back